General international clubs discussion

Not a club obviously but Londoners a bit of advice please!!!

I’ve been to football matches at wembley a couple of times and there doesnt seem to be much around the area. I signed up for the extra oasis dates and have a code meaning i should get tickets. HOWEVER i want to make sure before i commit that there is somewhere to go before/after preferably without getting a tube (espec after as it’s an absolute buzz kill/nightmare when leaving a packed wembley)

TIA

I’ve been to football matches at wembley a couple of times and there doesnt seem to be much around the area. I signed up for the extra oasis dates and have a code meaning i should get tickets. HOWEVER i want to make sure before i commit that there is somewhere to go before/after preferably without getting a tube (espec after as it’s an absolute buzz kill/nightmare when leaving a packed wembley)

TIA
This lot will be doing a pre and after party https://boxpark.co.uk/wembley get a ticket in advance and go before 3pm to get entry and a band for after (at least that's what they did for Swift).

Or bring your carry out to mine (genuinely!). View from my balcony...

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg
    942.9 KB · Views: 7

TIA
I agree it's a pain getting out and a local pint would be better, but getting on a short tube ride is worth the hassle. The pubs nearby will be rammed, crap and maybe even charging to get in. Before you could try the Lord Wargrave in Marylebone - great ribs to line the stomach. Or there are some half decent places near Kings Cross. Big Chill Bar being one. The Miller's not the best pub but it won't be rammed and you can spill out onto the street if it's warm.

TIA

When did you last go? The walk from Wembley Park to the Stadium has totally changed last few years. That stretch is now full of bars / pubs.

However, still amazes me how quickly 90,000 people can actually get away from the stadium. A packed tube train can actually get about 1,700 people on them (probably with drunk folks they’ll get 2,000 on one) it and they will be every 2-3 mins - there are multiple tube lines and national rail lines, people going multiple directions.

When did you last go? The walk from Wembley Park to the Stadium has totally changed last few years. That stretch is now full of bars / pubs.

However, still amazes me how quickly 90,000 people can actually get away from the stadium. A packed tube train can actually get about 1,700 people on them (probably with drunk folks they’ll get 2,000 on one) it and they will be every 2-3 mins - there are multiple tube lines and national rail lines, people going multiple directions.
Not even 2 years ago! But i had been drinking since 6am for a 4pm kick off so might not of been fully aware Of surroundings:lol:. It took us hours to get back to kings cross though was horrible

Are camden or soho easy to get to from wembley on the tube?

Neither are particularly hard to get to; you'll just have to change tubes. Bar being held outside the station for a few minutes, I've never had too much bother getting into town after Wembley to be honest.

Neither are particularly hard to get to; you'll just have to change tubes. Bar being held outside the station for a few minutes, I've never had too much bother getting into town after Wembley to be honest.
The trick is to go to the right when you get onto Wembley way and walk down Rutherford Way > Fulton Way > Albion Rd > N End Rd. means you skip all the mad queues on the main strip and hopefully get on the entrance that’s on the right hand side of the station

before hand we tend to find somewhere on Metropolitan line is much easier than Jubilee.

Tower Hill / Liverpool Street / Farringdon. get some cans, you’ll get a seat and it won’t get super busy until Baker Street or Finchley Road.

Afterwards there’s bars in the area but normally we get to get me a move on ASAP and head back into London.

before hand we tend to find somewhere on Metropolitan line is much easier than Jubilee.

Tower Hill / Liverpool Street / Farringdon. get some cans, you’ll get a seat and it won’t get super busy until Baker Street or Finchley Road.

Afterwards there’s bars in the area but normally we get to get me a move on ASAP and head back into London.
I go metropotian to baker st then Piccadilly when I go in...usually 25 minutes door to door. I do laugh on Monday mornings seeing some of the sight la down soho

Got tickets for Gerd playing in a local social club in Nov.Rumours of caribou for nyd in same venue. Hats off to Geoff for what hes doing👏
Turns out caribou was the special guest for the last party (a charity fundraiser!)

Geoffs got another 3 parties in the social club before xmas then one on nyd. I’m doing Gerd, the tbc on the 21st Dec & Nyd.

Django Django booked for the 7th Dec which a lot of people were buzzing with but not for me i dont think

Have also provisionally booked a room for end of november for flugel at subby

Back