garage music???

so solid comes to mind. theres lots of different types, 2step and 4/4 get mentioned a lot. Im not really up on my garage scene. I Think back in the early 90's house and garage were being played together in clubs like ministry. Why do u ask? Aiya Napa was famed for its garage scene- its still there despite a councillor trying to ban garage music from the island! (she tryed to blame the music as a reason for all the violence a year back -stabbing at the radio1 weekend).

Garage is like house but a bit more vocal
Uk and speed garage came about in the uk about 95
It is like 2 step type thing with soulful vocals
speeded up R&B. It went big late 90's but due to its commercial success it gets a lot of stick.
there was some ok early stuff but recently its not been that good.
Its big in Ayia napa but its probably killed off the success of the island.

US Garage is amazing, one the originals back in the day played (your Knuckles, Levans etc of the world).

UK Garage is an absolute pile of poo, not just the music but the whole attitude that goes with it - avoid at all costs.

dfunky said:
Garage is like house but a bit more vocal
Uk and speed garage came about in the uk about 95
It is like 2 step type thing with soulful vocals
speeded up R&B. It went big late 90's but due to its commercial success it gets a lot of stick.
there was some ok early stuff but recently its not been that good.
Its big in Ayia napa but its probably killed off the success of the island.
now i get it, in spain we call it "dance"

UK Garage Music sucks in the worst possible way!

Ok, even if you forget the fact that the music sounds f**kin awful you still have the following problems

1) There seems to be a nice trend going on of going to a garage night to shoot some people.

2) You need to be able to make that silly noise with your teeth and act as indimidating as possible throughout the evening. Onus is on looking hard and aloof.

3) You are not allowed to be friendly to anyone as they will assume that you are "trying to diss me fly girl" n all that cr*p - at which point they either shoot you or bottle you or something!

Oh and did I mention how poor the music sounds!

Will be up your street if
a) You have at best a rudimentary education
b) You think you are a modern al capone - "wiv me bitches n me 9mm"
c) You need some idiot ranting like a lunatic about how hard he is
d) Crack cocaine is your choice of a recreational drug

To plagurise a football chant (to the tune of the old Jacobs Club advert)
"If you like a lot of violence with your dancing, join their club"

Toffer said:
UK Garage Music sucks in the worst possible way!

Ok, even if you forget the fact that the music sounds f**kin awful you still have the following problems

1) There seems to be a nice trend going on of going to a garage night to shoot some people.

2) You need to be able to make that silly noise with your teeth and act as indimidating as possible throughout the evening. Onus is on looking hard and aloof.

3) You are not allowed to be friendly to anyone as they will assume that you are "trying to diss me fly girl" n all that cr*p - at which point they either shoot you or bottle you or something!

Oh and did I mention how poor the music sounds!

To plagurise a football chant (to the tune of the old Jacobs Club advert)
"If you like a lot of violence with your dancing, join their club"

same ha ppens here in spain with hardcore music(fastest progressive)

To put it simply, I have a rule that nobody mentions the wortds UK garage in my presence :evil: , or they get shot!!!LOL!!!! :eek:

Garage

WAS AT IT'S PEAL FROM 95 TILL ABOUT 99 THEN IT DID THE SAME AS DRUM AND BASE AND KILLED IT'S SELF OF BY BECOMING TO COMMERCIAL.

GENRALLY TUNES WITH VOCAL. BIG BASE LINE, WITH A RNB TYPE OF FLAVA..

BUT WELL ADN TRUELY DEAD NOW.

Toffer said:

Or e) if you are a burberry cap wearing tw@t

Good call - It is nice way to identify a complete tw*t at 50 paces!!!!

In the Words of Issac Hayes/Shaft, "Your all damm right." It is poo and like "R n b" is to blues, It is a rip off of house..

All I can say is house house has been round since the mid '70 (started in Chicago, all true) Garage since the early '90, but only 1 is still thriving. WE WIN!!!

Garage music came from the Paradise Garage in New York. The style of the music being disco, soul and funk.
DJs in the uk started speeding the US tunes up and UK garge develloped, killing the origional meaning of the word.

... Until we moved into this house proper we used to have garage music, cos that's where we plugged the cd player in whilst cleaning the house ..... we NOW however, have HOUSE music having moved the cd player from said garage INTO the house!

Back