garage music???

kn1980 said:
Yeh guys don't confuse UK garage with real garage. Real garage is what people call US garage and is basically what lots of british people called the disco housey stuff that came out of New york in the mid eighties from legendary places like the Paradise Garage which inturn gave birth to the name. No sooner had this New York scene kicked off when underground clubs in Chicago stole the limelight and started to develop this sound further. Historic clubs like the Music Box and the Warehouse(the club that gave birth to the name HOUSE) in Chicago took this movement moved from a mere celebration of the good old days of disco, aimed at gay black men right through to a global dance phenomenon called house music which brought gay/stright and white/black people together. Over the years House has then given birth to hardcore, techno, happy hardcore, trance, drum and bass e.t.c. but most recently this silly 2 step thing that some un-imaginative mother funker decided to call UK garage. I can't believe that someone could be so stuck for a name that they stick the letters UK infront of something that already existed and said "brilliant, that'll do". W*nkers the lot of them. And do you know what p*sses me off even more, most of these little wanna be gangsta rude-boy tw*ts that were into UK garage a few years ago are now all into RnB and hip pop purely because the media says they should be. Surely if you're really into a style of music then it is for life and all these muppets who have suddenly changed allegiance to RnB have quite simply proved that they were never into UK garage in the first place, they were just into the "scene" that went with it. And if you want my opinion on the "SCENE" then here goes: Anti social backing, violence and gun promoting and US youth culture supporting B*ll SH*T. Oh did I mention that on top of all that UK Garage is just a load of un-musical EXCREMENT.

Gold Star, A1.

matt collins said:
chewie_oo7 said:
matt - what kinda crowd do u get at the Romford nights?

:confused:

Actually, believe it or not. It does actually go off in there. The last two have been really good.

might try n get robo and the rest of the essex yokels to come down...

kn1980 said:
Yeh guys don't confuse UK garage with real garage. Real garage is what people call US garage and is basically what lots of british people called the disco housey stuff that came out of New york in the mid eighties from legendary places like the Paradise Garage which inturn gave birth to the name. No sooner had this New York scene kicked off when underground clubs in Chicago stole the limelight and started to develop this sound further. Historic clubs like the Music Box and the Warehouse(the club that gave birth to the name HOUSE) in Chicago took this movement moved from a mere celebration of the good old days of disco, aimed at gay black men right through to a global dance phenomenon called house music which brought gay/stright and white/black people together. Over the years House has then given birth to hardcore, techno, happy hardcore, trance, drum and bass e.t.c. but most recently this silly 2 step thing that some un-imaginative mother funker decided to call UK garage. I can't believe that someone could be so stuck for a name that they stick the letters UK infront of something that already existed and said "brilliant, that'll do". W*nkers the lot of them. And do you know what p*sses me off even more, most of these little wanna be gangsta rude-boy tw*ts that were into UK garage a few years ago are now all into RnB and hip pop purely because the media says they should be. Surely if you're really into a style of music then it is for life and all these muppets who have suddenly changed allegiance to RnB have quite simply proved that they were never into UK garage in the first place, they were just into the "scene" that went with it. And if you want my opinion on the "SCENE" then here goes: Anti social backing, violence and gun promoting and US youth culture supporting B*ll SH*T. Oh did I mention that on top of all that UK Garage is just a load of un-musical EXCREMENT.

round of applause!

;)

Back