Formentera advice

Again, port closure 27 December 2017 (13 hours)
Due to the closure of the port of the (Formentera) due to adverse weather conditions, the departures scheduled today, Wednesday, December 27, are cancelled until further notice.

Please stay tuned for updates on our departures because, if conditions allow us, we will check our scheduled departures for today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Taken from a facebook post from Transmapi. Clearly they mean the only port (La Savina) (!!) and it's very rare to have the weather so bad ferries have to stop for several hours.

But even in summer there is the thousand-to-one chance of bad weather cancelling ferries, and always a worry if you are depending on one to get your flight. Next time I book a stay on Formentera might just spend the last night back in Ibiza to save the possibility of contacting insuredyourehavingalaugh.com

Think it's this time next week the fans and SD Formentera will be going to the big game so I hope the weather doesn't get in their way!!

happens maybe 2-3 times every winter, but I can´t remember it having ever happened in summer?

happens maybe 2-3 times every winter, but I can´t remember it having ever happened in summer?
Fog. Not sure it was the height of summer - maybe May, but I've been held up on a day trip by lingering morning fog. But other than that, you are right, I can't remember any summer long-term closures, and there are some hefty storms late summer but the boats still battle through.
When that ferry ran aground - was that weather related and was the ports shut for a while?

save the possibility of contacting insuredyourehavingalaugh.com

yeah... I am dealing with them now, after having my Puerto Rico - IBZ flight change so far in advance. Airfare is covered, but I will have to pay the difference in hotel rates from moving from early June to early July. Hopefully the insurance will kick-in to make up the difference, as its technically weather related.

The flight cancellation is actually what is opening the opportunity for an additional potential week in Ibiza, and a stay on Formentera. We don't make it over to the other of the Atlantic as often these days, so we might as well make the most of it.

We will likely stay the first 4 nights instead of the last 4, just to keep the blood pressure low on travel day.

Just out of interest, what's Formentera like in July/August??
61741.png

Guys...What is Formentera like late October? Understand the weather may be changeable, but will restaurants etc still be open then? See a really good deal online.

Cheers in advance

Guys...What is Formentera like late October? Understand the weather may be changeable, but will restaurants etc still be open then? See a really good deal online.

Cheers in advance

a few places still open, but generally quiet already. if you‘re lucky with the weather it‘s paradise - you‘ve got the beaches all to yourself

Back