Formentera advice

Thanks for the heads up. You are right we cannot take the rental car on a ferry.

So we are now going to travel as foot passengers and rent a car over there. Can anyone recommend the closet rental office to the the ferry dock please?

Trying to make life easy with a two year old in tow.

Thanks in advance

If you haven't booked already Avis are in the port area and OK rent a car are about metres away.

Was thinking of going today. But then remembered it's a Bank Holiday.

Do you think it will be better off leaving it until tomorrow?

Also not going to bother hiring a car now. Just going to walk from the port. The main beach seems fairly close.

EDIT - It seems our mind has been made up. We've just walked round to the AquaBus stand in Figueretes and it's not there today. So maybe it's not operational on All Saints Day?

Last edited:
Was thinking of going today. But then remembered it's a Bank Holiday.

Do you think it will be better off leaving it until tomorrow?

Also not going to bother hiring a car now. Just going to walk from the port. The main beach seems fairly close.

EDIT - It seems our mind has been made up. We've just walked round to the AquaBus stand in Figueretes and it's not there today. So maybe it's not operational on All Saints Day?
I should think they are finished for the season?

the regular ferries from the port in town will work still. and yeah, illetas beach is a nice 20 min walk from la savina when you arrive.

Question: Changes in flight plans have opened dates and the possibility of staying in Formentera in late June for three or four nights for the 1st portion of our trip.

I have never been.

Is it worth staying overnight so briefly, or would we be better off making the trip two or three times from the big island? We will be in ibiza for 3-4 weeks.

I imagine the extra spent for accommodations would be offset by the extra ferry trips.

If you stay 3 or 4 weeks in the island, 3 days in Formentera will be perfect.
I personally would stay at the end of the holiday to recover after partying...

The problem (we think) about staying at the end is the stress of making a morning flight upon departure.

Back