Formentera advice

Aquabus and the 2 that stivi mentioned all go from Ibiza town opposite Burger King
You mean McDonald's.

Don 't know about pricing but keep in mind that those boat will drop you off on the beach and not in the port where you can hire scooter ...the boat that goes from the Ibiza port till Formantera port is Balearic and 2 others ( don't remember the name)

Not true. It stops in the port in Formentera.

Aquabus takes around 50 mins each way to and from ibiza port. Baleria is faster, i think only 30 mins but its too expensive compared to how much time it saves you.

Go to Es Pujols. I'm sure there's nicer beaches on the island but there are some great cafes there.
hello all! long time lurker first time poster, can anyone let me know if I need both paper and card licence(British) to rent a scooter on Formentera, also up to what cc can I rent,I have a standard car license, thanks mick.

The UK canned paper licences a few years back its now all done online. All you need is your driving licence and a credit card for the deposit etc.

This is what I think I will do, plan to rent a bicycle and cycle up to Playa Illetas and then down to Es Pujols.

Ya I got a bike last year and I recommend it but didn't bike TOO much because I spent too much time on Playa Llevant, opposite of Illetes. I thought it was a better beach with nice waves that I could kinda body surf with lol AND because there were way less people. It seems ppl were following the Illetes hype, but Llevant is so long. It's like a premium version of Playa D'en Bossa. I felt so free there and it's the closest you'll get to feeling like you're in the Carribean

But yeah get a bike and ride around. Avoid getting a helmet, just found it as an annoyance, and I had no way to actually lock it up with my bike. It helps with safety but I felt like a fool because NO ONE was wearing helmets. I plan to take another day trip there this year and explore the southern part of the island.

The UK canned paper licences a few years back its now all done online. All you need is your driving licence and a credit card for the deposit etc.

You need to go on dvla website and put your national insurance number and license number in and you get a code/print out of your license history, most hire companies will probably ask for this. Takes 2 mins.

Stivi, I was just looking at the aqua bus prices on spotlight to go to Formentera and they are 20 euro return each, is this the same if you just arrive and pay when your there or is it more expensive? Does this also apply to the cycle and scooter rental?
If you take Aquabus or cap. Hook/ulises cat (my favorit) you can hire a bicicle or scooter very cheap from Figueretas beach.

You need to go on dvla website and put your national insurance number and license number in and you get a code/print out of your license history, most hire companies will probably ask for this. Takes 2 mins.

Hire companies in Formentera aren't interested. Neither are most in Ibiza. Just check local T&Cs all bar a couple of major International companies just want your photocard, your driving history is not relevant just how long your licence has been held. It's only arsey British offices trying to cut insurance costs who do a DVLA check to knock out major endorsements and high point ratings !

Hire companies in Formentera aren't interested. Neither are most in Ibiza. Just check local T&Cs all bar a couple of major International companies just want your photocard, your driving history is not relevant just how long your licence has been held. It's only arsey British offices trying to cut insurance costs who do a DVLA check to knock out major endorsements and high point ratings !

Fair enough, tbh i don't know why i said most would, i assumed this to be the case since I've been asked for it twice by Hiper since it came into play.

This is what I think I will do, plan to rent a bicycle and cycle up to Playa Illetas and then down to Es Pujols.

I did just that around 2 weeks ago, except continued on from es pujols down to playa migjorn. posted up at lucky bar and had a swim before cycling back to the ferry. great day...worth repeating!

Fair enough, tbh i don't know why i said most would, i assumed this to be the case since I've been asked for it twice by Hiper since it came into play.

There's some English guy at Hiper seems to think he should be doing it to British renters. Needs to get a new job lol.

Any recommendations for a day on Formentera? I'm a terrible driver and would like a good drink so a scooter is a no go unfortunately but would rent a bicycle. Thinking of spending the day there then heading somewhere for food at sunset. Also this is a bit of a stupid question but I'm assuming there are showers/facilities on the beaches to freshen up? If I'm going to sit somewhere nice for food I'd like to be semi-presentable.

Any recommendations for a day on Formentera? I'm a terrible driver and would like a good drink so a scooter is a no go unfortunately but would rent a bicycle. Thinking of spending the day there then heading somewhere for food at sunset. Also this is a bit of a stupid question but I'm assuming there are showers/facilities on the beaches to freshen up? If I'm going to sit somewhere nice for food I'd like to be semi-presentable.

I once rented a bicycle in formentera. it's doable, but you have to consider that it's bloody hot during the day. and it's still a bit of distances to cover if you want to see something of the island. if you only want to stay in illetas, then you could just as well simply walk from ses savines. what is doable is going to illetas in the day and then towards the evening ride south to cala saona or even cap barbaria for the sunset.

I once rented a bicycle in formentera. it's doable, but you have to consider that it's bloody hot during the day. and it's still a bit of distances to cover if you want to see something of the island. if you only want to stay in illetas, then you could just as well simply walk from ses savines. what is doable is going to illetas in the day and then towards the evening ride south to cala saona or even cap barbaria for the sunset.

That sounds like the best plan, thanks very much.

Back