for those of you brainwashed by tiesto...

It's a very angry rant but spot on...should basically be applied to pretty much every pay party in London that advertises egotastic line-ups! :lol:

Is this a new thing? I swear I've read something similar to this before.

To be fair, whether you're a trance fan or not, it's an interesting debate. I have a lot of respect for PvD, Ferry Corsten and Armin Van Buuren and even some lingering apperciation for Tiesto, particularly for what he gave to trance in the late 90s, early 00s. But I've never done DJ worship. I don't do worship of any artist. Dance music has never been about one guy.... If any of you remember when Alan Partridge met his number one fan, Ged, then that's how I sort of view DJ worship... with a smile and a face palm.:lol:

But I suppose it does raise an interesting catch 22 for a trance fan like myself. On the one hand I wish the Tiesto worshippers could look beyond him and actually discover more (if you like, better) trance/house music, to not be so brainwashed, as this thread puts it. But at the same time, it's that wild and unecessary hype, which is blown out of all proportion, that idolisation of a brand name, that generates those huge crowds and white hot atmospheres.

I've said before in previous topics, I could name countless trance DJs who I'd rather see than Tiesto but only Tiesto could make Monday nights at Privilege as memorable as everyone's saying they are. At least, that's what I felt after Creamfields last year. I've never seen scenes like it... I'm sure it'll be similar at Privilege. And those scenes just wouldn't have been possible without the widely, and wrongly, held opinion that "he's the No. 1 DJ in the world!"

Is this a new thing? I swear I've read something similar to this before.

To be fair, whether you're a trance fan or not, it's an interesting debate. I have a lot of respect for PvD, Ferry Corsten and Armin Van Buuren and even some lingering apperciation for Tiesto, particularly for what he gave to trance in the late 90s, early 00s. But I've never done DJ worship. I don't do worship of any artist. Dance music has never been about one guy.... If any of you remember when Alan Partridge met his number one fan, Ged, then that's how I sort of view DJ worship... with a smile and a face palm.:lol:

But I suppose it does raise an interesting catch 22 for a trance fan like myself. On the one hand I wish the Tiesto worshippers could look beyond him and actually discover more (if you like, better) trance/house music, to not be so brainwashed, as this thread puts it. But at the same time, it's that wild and unecessary hype, which is blown out of all proportion, that idolisation of a brand name, that generates those huge crowds and white hot atmospheres.

I've said before in previous topics, I could name countless trance DJs who I'd rather see than Tiesto but only Tiesto could make Monday nights at Privilege as memorable as everyone's saying they are. At least, that's what I felt after Creamfields last year. I've never seen scenes like it... I'm sure it'll be similar at Privilege. And those scenes just wouldn't have been possible without the widely, and wrongly, held opinion that "he's the No. 1 DJ in the world!"

Well put, i agree completley with what you've said there...

I know what you mean about his set at Creamfields last year, the atmosphere in there was electric! Looking forward to seeing him this year but i would prefer him to be playing in the Cream tent on the Sunday with that stunning line-up, rather than in the open air!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put, i agree completley with what you've said there...

I know what you mean about his set at Creamfields last year, the atmosphere in there was electric! Looking forward to seeing him this year but i would prefer him to be playing in the Cream tent with that stunning line-up, rather than in the open air!

That'll be the drugs hun

I don't give a **** what people say about Tiesto, It annoys me that people try make you feel wrong if you say you like him and wanna start a big debate about how bad he is. I don't worship him, all I know is when I go see him I enjoy myself, I have a good night and thats all that matters right?

I don't give a **** what people say about Tiesto, It annoys me that people try make you feel wrong if you say you like him and wanna start a big debate about how bad he is. I don't worship him, all I know is when I go see him I enjoy myself, I have a good night and thats all that matters right?

See 3 posts above lmao

It does annoy me that people face the DJ when dancing - it's not like they're bloody performing! :lol:

That's why the end was nice with the DJ box in the middle.

Bloody hell it's 4 years old, in other news.......
Man%20Lands%20on%20Moon.JPG

Whatever happened to THE tiesto baiting thread???? Was it members??? Can't find it and can't be bothered to search for "tiesto" :lol::lol::lol: anyone got it to hand????

EDIT - Don't worry found it now, how it didn't make the spotlight gold thread I don't know!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back