for those of you brainwashed by tiesto...

I always get into arguments with people when I try to explain that it's all about the music, not about the DJ. "But AVB always smiles so lovely" says a girl and I think that's a valid argument, what ever.

It would be nice if DJs would play in random order and behind a screen or something that you wouldn't see them. It would be nice to see how people would react, would they really tell the difference.

lol Olly. GET WITH THE TIMES THATS OLDER THAN A FART FROM GOD.

Sorry.. Just that is pretty old man.. I thought you'd of even known that. :)

And farken, stop being so anti-Tiesto. Even I've accepted him. Infact I'm proud of him. He DOES make good music and good on him. Everyone who sooks about him I think is secretely just jealous they're not doing as good.

I can't stand people who hate someone or something because it breaks the mainstream, as if they're better than it, and then when you hear what they have to offer its even worse than what I have to offer. ..

As for the Dj mag poll. I have a local Dj friend who became very popular because of polls and ****. And, he isn't even a very good Dj and so, he basically sucked alot of cock. .. Tiesto can atleast write good songs. ..

His thing might not be everyones thing, but, you're stupid to disrespect him.

I always get into arguments with people when I try to explain that it's all about the music, not about the DJ. "But AVB always smiles so lovely" says a girl and I think that's a valid argument, what ever.

It would be nice if DJs would play in random order and behind a screen or something that you wouldn't see them. It would be nice to see how people would react, would they really tell the difference.

Thats actually the exact concept we are working on for our new night. .. We've been buying like, rigs to hold up screens and **** to hide the djs, and vj gear to project images onto it and ****. On our latest flyer, NO djs names are being mentioned..

I agree with you 110%

I actually cannot agree that Tiesto would made good music. Elements of life had no good songs on it, exept for the he's a pirate and that was just for laughs in a local bar, wouldn't want to hear that in a night club. On the singles, you could get some good remixes but the originals suck on that LP. The whole album just lacks drive and feeling. Same goes to AVB, like Ten Years that should have all of his great songs, doesn't really have any good material. It's quite flat and boring sounding.

The problem with music nowadays is, that 5% of artists get about 95% of all media attention and once you are in the spotlight, you don't fall out of it even if you make crappy music. All songs should be judged individually without checking the name of the artist.

Yes but, have you heard any stuff he made before he was famous?

I still like Traffic. I think his other stuff he made under other names but, they're brilliant.

You are correct about the 5%, and that 5% their music drops because as they become famous money dictates more of their time. Ie: They need to release a album or production by a certain date that a label has dictated and, because of that limitation they can't get their flow and so, it just loses quality.

Then, others who are trying to be in that line light follow that same level of quality and eventually it just drops and drops and drops.

I have no doubt in my mind that tucked away in someones bedroom.. (Maybe mine ;), jk)
there is a DJ better than Tiesto.

But, I think he's worked hard. Dance music needs superstars, it also needs un-sung heros. But it does need the balance back. Because now, the majority have no chance of becoming the minority, where as years ago, there was that chance you could break through. Now, everyone is in the same boat and the superstars are becoming as disposable as the music.

lol Olly. GET WITH THE TIMES THATS OLDER THAN A FART FROM GOD.

Sorry.. Just that is pretty old man.. I thought you'd of even known that. :)

A fan of Tiesto trying to patronise another human being makes me giggle... don't you know the old ones are the best?

No that ones actually pretty crap. (Personal opinion.)

Even if Tiesto was as big a douche as it makes out, it's still a cliche peice of elitist dribble.

I reckon it was made by some old jaded dj whose pissed off they never made it half as big as Tiesto

Why do all the Tiesto fans feel the need to jump to his defense in such a manner that you would think it was their mum we are talking about?

I just don't understant how trance is still going at all. And in most big festivals there is always a massive Godskitchen tent....always full. Whats going on!!
I saw tiesto in Global last year and it was...well i left just after he played Guru josh project ininity 2008 (klaas remix).
But in all honesty hats off to the man for still pulling in the numbers! Would i be him? Course i would!

Why do all the Tiesto fans feel the need to jump to his defense in such a manner that you would think it was their mum we are talking about?

very good point

it's almost a form of religious fanatical fundamentalism - people crying blasphemy when you 'insult' their faith

so what we have here is a snapshot of 2nd/3rd generation 'trance' mongs for whom tiesto fullfils that 'godlike' role, and I think the cartoon is as relevant now as when it was first published

so what we have here is a snapshot of 2nd/3rd generation 'trance' mongs for whom tiesto fullfils that 'godlike' role, and I think the cartoon is as relevant now as when it was first published

I've been listening to trance music since I was about 11 years old and at no point have I ever thought that Tiesto fulfils any kind of 'godlike' role.

But, yes, there are "mongs" about, and the cartoon is in some ways pretty relevant.

Back