Football Merry Go Round

Cheers for this, looks like a storming weekend, just hope it comes off :confused: And it will be all the sweeter when Torres scores the winner :lol:
Doesn't hurt to dream :lol:

Be prepared. I've been to maybe 6 Chelsea Liverpool matches... most of the time, they're quite boring! :lol: (all down to Rafa's tactics, of course)

Doesn't hurt to dream :lol:

Be prepared. I've been to maybe 6 Chelsea Liverpool matches... most of the time, they're quite boring! :lol: (all down to Rafa's tactics, of course)

Yeah they have been :spank:, but like you said, when you get two tactical managers, theres not much in it (Apart from Joe Cole :twisted:)

I'm loving this... waiting for someone to yell "hypocrisy" now that the blue Mancunians are going giddy about their new-found riches. Someone go search for some posts by JJ or Clara about Chelsea buying the league! :lol:

What the bloomin hell was Peter Kenyon doing all that time in Spain???

City tied up the Robinho deal in hours but he seemed to be in Madrid for weeks!

Too much tapas on the company credit card?? :lol:

nonsense, I said no such thing!!! :lol:;)

ok I might have suggested it....however.....I think the last 2 seasons are proof of the fact that you can't.
This is what I'm talking about. Rafa Benitez, as quoted by BBC:
"You cannot just win the title by spending money but Chelsea won for two years spending big, big money. Afterwards Manchester United won spending lots of money too. If we are talking about spending money then maybe Manchester City will win the title this year."

I've never understood how Rafa gets away with this crap! He always always puts it down to money. How much cash has he blown over the past 4 years on players! And most of them he ends up shipping out after 2 seasons! :lol:
Easy but insincere way for him to defend his failures!

This is what I'm talking about. Rafa Benitez, as quoted by BBC:
"You cannot just win the title by spending money but Chelsea won for two years spending big, big money. Afterwards Manchester United won spending lots of money too. If we are talking about spending money then maybe Manchester City will win the title this year."

I've never understood how Rafa gets away with this crap! He always always puts it down to money. How much cash has he blown over the past 4 years on players! And most of them he ends up shipping out after 2 seasons! :lol:

Really dont like Rafa, talks so much cobblers!

:twisted: Lay off Fat Rafa :twisted:

Seriously though, to a degree he's right, you do need to spend big to compete, that's why there's the 'top' 4 (jj will insist it's 5 now). And to be fair to Rafa his net spending is nothing like MU or CFC, that's why we havent been able to compete (to a degree).

He also knows when he's made a mistake buying a player, and then sells them promptly, and unlike previous LFC managers, usually at a profit.

Really dont like Rafa, talks so much cobblers!

He does need to know when to button it sometimes :spank:

there are few managers in the prem, nay world, who come out with shankly-esque beauties as rafa. even in a foreign tongue.

granted, sometimes he gets it wrong and it sounds sh!t, but they are few and far between the majority of the pearlers he comes out with

let me have a look for a few favs............

Think you 2 need to get yr heads outta the Red mist!

:rolleyes: I'm the first one to say when I think he's wrong, and i belive if we don't win anything this season, or come close to the PL, then we should think about replacing him end of season.

But I think you'll find most fans stick up for their clubs/managers, it's called loyalty. :confused:

Seriously though, to a degree he's right, you do need to spend big to compete, that's why there's the 'top' 4 (jj will insist it's 5 now). And to be fair to Rafa his net spending is nothing like MU or CFC, that's why we havent been able to compete (to a degree).

He also knows when he's made a mistake buying a player, and then sells them promptly, and unlike previous LFC managers, usually at a profit.

He does need to know when to button it sometimes :spank:
If you remove the 2003-2004 season (when CFC was just spending stupid), I'm not so sure he's spent substantially less! He's not an Arsene Wenger to be sure.

And forget 'net spending'... I agree that's it's probably a proper way to view it but that's not how the press adds it up. No one is writing about how Chelsea made a net profit on transfers this summer! (to some degree, thanks to Man City, of course!)

I'll forgive him this once!

Can't wait until the Chelsea game, a week on Saturday. I'm sure we'll still lose but just seeing SWP back and Robinho in a City shirt in the flesh will make me very happy.

jjinit - you coming up for it?

nah, busy down here!! :spank:

so will have to settle for setanta!!

p.s nice goal from robhino the other night

yeah heard that this morning, although it has been simmering away for most of the summer. I think we said to him if you get yourself fit from current injury and get back to match fitness etc we will take you on a pay per play basis.....but the word from City is that we have since rescinded the offer........but we might not have heard the last of it.

Back