Football Merry Go Round

yeah heard that this morning, although it has been simmering away for most of the summer. I think we said to him if you get yourself fit from current injury and get back to match fitness etc we will take you on a pay per play basis.....but the word from City is that we have since rescinded the offer........but we might not have heard the last of it.

City are denying it now. Tabloid crap. You don't want that fat has been anyways, not when you can afford whoever you want :lol:

City are denying it now. Tabloid crap. You don't want that fat has been anyways, not when you can afford whoever you want :lol:

I would still like us to be sensible though, which means not offering obscene money for players who simply will not come. I think Torres, Fabregas & Ronaldo (t'other one) fall into that category. I would rather we went after players that we may have a chance of signing if we are proving competitive like Huntellar, Podolski, Ribery, Arshavin etc

John Terry has been cleared for his dismissal at the weekend, he's now available to play manure. A draw would be nice, with a couple of dismissals and injuries ;)

John Terry has been cleared for his dismissal at the weekend, he's now available to play manure. A draw would be nice, with a couple of dismissals and injuries ;)

to be fair to JT carvalho was the last man, not sure bosingwa would have made it back into the fray in time, so it was a booking at the very most. However, I thought I read that Halsey had stated he gave the straight red for violent play and not for a proff foul. So what have the fa actually overturned?

Chelsea captain John Terry has been cleared to play against Manchester United on Sunday after his appeal against a red card proved successful.
Terry was sent off for a foul on Manchester City striker Jo, but a Football Association hearing upheld Chelsea's claim of wrongful dismissal.
He received a straight red from Mark Halsey, with the referee deeming the incident to be serious foul play.
The England skipper had been set to miss three games.
Had the ban been enforced, Terry would have missed Sunday's crucial Premier League clash with champions United, as well as the Carling Cup tie against Portsmouth on 24 September and the league encounter with Stoke three days later.
The foul on Jo occurred inside the centre circle, with Terry's centre-back partner Ricardo Carvalho covering the play and full-back Jose Bosingwa also sprinting back to defend.
o.gif

Chelsea's on-field complaints were initially based on the fact that Terry was not the last defender.
But Halsey's decision to issue a red card for serious foul play rather than a professional foul meant the position on the pitch and the presence of other players were not relevant. Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is play".

Some cofusion there then !!

I think Halsey was full of crap. I think he initially sent Terry off for a professional foul but then realized his mistake and blurted out serious foul play, which as we all know usually applies to Roy Keane-esque crunching tackles.

In any case, justice was done!

I think Halsey was full of crap. I think he initially sent Terry off for a professional foul but then realized his mistake and blurted out serious foul play, which as we all know usually applies to Roy Keane-esque crunching tackles.

ah come on. he went to tackle him like a half back for christs sakes!

i did think he handled the game badly to be honest I felt he made a lot of bad decisions however I cant moan too much about him as he was the ref who gave us 5mins of added time against Gillingham at Wembley in 1999 and we all know what happened next :lol:

i did think he handled the game badly to be honest I felt he made a lot of bad decisions however I cant moan too much about him as he was the ref who gave us 5mins of added time against Gillingham at Wembley in 1999 and we all know what happened next :lol:

and he's got a big hole where there should be teeth....

and he's got a big hole where there should be teeth....
And he has apparently been demoted for his poor performance on Saturday.

From the Sun: "Halsey has now been demoted and will oversee Sunday’s League Two clash between Chester and Shrewsbury."

And he has apparently been demoted for his poor performance on Saturday.

From the Sun: "Halsey has now been demoted and will oversee Sunday’s League Two clash between Chester and Shrewsbury."

HeHe, how embarasing !!

You enjoy the game last night John, apparently you guys were rather good. One word Lampard ;)

We played very well first half, poor in the second. Came back again from behind (shows character me thinks :confused:) and Gerrards first goal was astonishing !!

I was at an event last night and got home 14 minutes into the 2hr delayed broadcast on local TV... just in time to see Frank score 8) Great win. A walk in the park, really.

As for Liverpool, I'm not sure if it's character or blind luck :lol: That's already 3 or 4 matches you've pulled out in the last minute this season!

I was at an event last night and got home 14 minutes into the 2hr delayed broadcast on local TV... just in time to see Frank score 8) Great win. A walk in the park, really.

As for Liverpool, I'm not sure if it's character or blind luck :lol: That's already 3 or 4 matches you've pulled out in the last minute this season!

Yeah apparently Lamps played well again, set up 2 of the others aswell no ??

You're right, it's the third time in 7 matches we've come back from a goal behind. I'm not just being biassed, but we definately wouldn't have done that in previous seasons. We've got more players playing like a team, and who really work their socks off from beginning to end, before it was only Gerrard and maybe a couple of others who never gave up, now it's the whole team.

Babel had another decent game, could have scored 3/4, and Kuyt never stopped.

Did you see Gerrards goal ?? If not take a look, twas amazing !! (to think he nearly joined you guys)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back