Flights to Ibiza

Today is the first day of IBZ Thomas Cook cancelled departures, the "rescue flights" (one to Manchester and one to Birmingham combined to land in Birmingham) were due to take off this morning. Did they, and were there any delays and did all passengers get on?
on flightradar24 flights to man and bhx left ibz, on tui fly aircrafts.

As I think I mentioned earlier, I have that Cook's flight AND a flight with Vueling (IBZ-BCA-MAN) and I'll make a decision when I see conditions on the day. Hopefully being early October there won't be the pressure that there is in September, my main worry is if I go for the Vueling flight, will it get me to Barcelona in time (I've 4hrs spare, it should!!) and will the Barcelona - Manchester flight actually happen? It's a good record, only one cancellation in the last 3 months but that was last Weds!
I've never had a flight cancellation before so I don't know what would happen, do you go back to their desk at the airport for a new flight (they have to use any airline?) or do they text/email you a new flight??
The situation with the rescue flights is probably somewhat different?
Anyhow I'll try not to worry - the weather's gorgeous and I want some serious swim/drink/people-watching time. Worry about flying home on the day - and mum (whom I look after) is covered until 11am the following day which is one worry less.
And if I take that Vueling flight, I get 3 hours in the first class lounge at Barca with free drinks, food and showers for around thirty quid if there's room!!

When your flight is cancelled you book onto an alternative airlines flight and get a refund or use the original airlines alternative option. You need to speak to the airline to arrange this either by speaking to the agents at the airport or through the call center. In your case the CAA

In this case it is a repatriation and due to the volume of people overseas and generally on holiday for upto 2 weeks. The repatriation should continue up until around 06th October that is my bets.

Best to check the info out there but sounds like you have a plan B

Quelle surprise.. Vueling now refusing to cough up

"circumstances beyond our control" my arse!

(other flights were leapfrogging us!)

When your flight is cancelled you book onto an alternative airlines flight and get a refund or use the original airlines alternative option. You need to speak to the airline to arrange this either by speaking to the agents at the airport or through the call center. In your case the CAA

In this case it is a repatriation and due to the volume of people overseas and generally on holiday for upto 2 weeks. The repatriation should continue up until around 06th October that is my bets.

Best to check the info out there but sounds like you have a plan B
Thanks, it's a little clearer now. So if there's an Easyjet or Ryanair available the same day, you can book on it and even if it's £500 the airline doing the cancellation will refund? Do you need some kind of "permission" from them to do that?

Note - you are correct the repatriation does last for two weeks. Anyone after that is on their own.

Attachments

• CA625F06-044C-4A4B-945D-B0E418026B76.png
    CA625F06-044C-4A4B-945D-B0E418026B76.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 12
  • F0D6CC91-8025-4980-BDFB-D1521BCE9D7B.png
    F0D6CC91-8025-4980-BDFB-D1521BCE9D7B.png
    328 KB · Views: 12
Mrs just informed me i was wrong about our flights, actual cost was £73.20 each return minus £10.80 on the booking so £135 for 2 returns :-D i spend more then that on a day out

Thanks, it's a little clearer now. So if there's an Easyjet or Ryanair available the same day, you can book on it and even if it's £500 the airline doing the cancellation will refund? Do you need some kind of "permission" from them to do that?

Note - you are correct the repatriation does last for two weeks. Anyone after that is on their own.

That’s not true. You can get a refund on your flights and buy new ones, but you can’t book new ones and expect the CAA to cover them. Travel insurance could provide some help here if you already had it

My ex Thomas cook flight is now diverted from Manchester to Glasgow, but it leaves at almost the same time, so may take it and get the train from Glasgow. Better than the coach to Manny Airport and doubling back. And I've only shorts and a very light coat. See what happens tomorrow morning.

Did you pay the fine?
In the end, yes. I couldn't be arsed after about stage three, all for 15 mins overstay where I have paid, but miscalculated my actual stay time. They are massive Cnts, now owned by Capita who in turn do loads of work for the government.

In the end, yes. I couldn't be arsed after about stage three, all for 15 mins overstay where I have paid, but miscalculated my actual stay time. They are massive Cnts, now owned by Capita who in turn do loads of work for the government.

When you read online about people saying just don't pay it - I thought easy for them to say it when it isn't their fine....
But i did just that...

I parked at a train station close to midnight on a saturday and machine wasn't working. I got back to the car the following day and had a ticket. I disputed it and they wasn't having it. Continue to ask for money. Threatened court action etc and put the fine up to £160 I just ignored the letters.

I haven't heard anything for the past 4-6 months for a fine at new years

When you read online about people saying just don't pay it - I thought easy for them to say it when it isn't their fine....
But i did just that...

I parked at a train station close to midnight on a saturday and machine wasn't working. I got back to the car the following day and had a ticket. I disputed it and they wasn't having it. Continue to ask for money. Threatened court action etc and put the fine up to £160 I just ignored the letters.

I haven't heard anything for the past 4-6 months for a fine at new years
Fait play mate, I read all that too. But I'm not in a position to chance a court hearing, despite it being civil.
Every time I hear Capita mentioned it goes something like this

Tried to extend our flights to stay until Saturday / Sunday - both changing our existing ones or getting new ones was around 750 for 3 of us.

So instead of lying around some pool after Moments, I’m on a train to the city.

Grim.

Back