Flights to Ibiza

Tried to extend our flights to stay until Saturday / Sunday - both changing our existing ones or getting new ones was around 750 for 3 of us.

So instead of lying around some pool after Moments, I’m on a train to the city.

Grim.
I know the feeling pal :(

ferry next time...!
Thought of that, train from Manchester/London/Paris/Barcelona (getting across Paris is a beggar though) with an overnight in Paris, and then the ferry. OK for an outbound journey - but coming home as soon as I've left the hotel I want to get home sharpish.

Will get round to doing it one day though.

Quelle surprise.. Vueling now refusing to cough up

"circumstances beyond our control" my arse!

(other flights were leapfrogging us!)

have tried emailing, tweet-shaming, contacting local consumer sites, also airhelp.com which is an automated site telling if you're eligible but it said I wasn't due to bad weather - which is weird because the airline staff told me it was due to a strike (and besides wouldn't bad weather ground all flights?) so am a bit wary of these sites. the fight goes on, but with every passing week, I can feel that prize slipping away...

have tried emailing, tweet-shaming, contacting local consumer sites, also airhelp.com which is an automated site telling if you're eligible but it said I wasn't due to bad weather - which is weird because the airline staff told me it was due to a strike (and besides wouldn't bad weather ground all flights?) so am a bit wary of these sites. the fight goes on, but with every passing week, I can feel that prize slipping away...

Strike or bad weather means the airline can call on as being an extraordinary circumstance - no compensation

As for weather grounding all flights not necessarily. Sometimes selected flights are delayed/cancelled to reduce traffic flow.

Just a tip after this year. I always use skyscanner for flights but usually end up booking through official airline website. Kayak was offering cheaper flights so went through them and had no bother at all (online reports weren’t great but people only seemed to have bother if they were having to get more than 1 flights to get to destination - obviously we didn’t!) So if you are flying direct don’t be put off using them!

Strike or bad weather means the airline can call on as being an extraordinary circumstance - no compensation

As for weather grounding all flights not necessarily. Sometimes selected flights are delayed/cancelled to reduce traffic flow.

but you can't cite bad weather as an excuse whilst other aircraft are not just flying but actually leapfrogging you to do the same route?

but you can't cite bad weather as an excuse whilst other aircraft are not just flying but actually leapfrogging you to do the same route?

By the sounds of it you could strongly assume your operating aircraft wasn't even on the ground in Ibiza.... 7 hour delay suggests they had a knock on effect starting from the beginning of the day

Low cost carriers get about 6-8 sectors out of a plane daily. Once it starts to go wrong well.....

I've just paid well over £200 for a return Ryanair flight back next June - OK as a "Priority" victim which means standing on the stairwell at Manchester gate 55 for 30 minutes, but at least I can bring two bags on so saving that way. If I'd waited I could probably have got the flight in January for ten shillings and sixpence. But, hey, I'm on my way, the biggie being it's an afternoon flight so also saving on a £35 taxi ride for the usual 0650 flight and I won't feel drained the whole of the landing day. Fly afternoon, check-in hotel, grab a baguette, best frock on, out on the lash.

One thing I won't be doing is getting pissed at the airport and/or on the plane, I just end up wanting to crash into bed at 10pm.

I've just paid well over £200 for a return Ryanair flight back next June - OK as a "Priority" victim which means standing on the stairwell at Manchester gate 55 for 30 minutes, but at least I can bring two bags on so saving that way. If I'd waited I could probably have got the flight in January for ten shillings and sixpence. But, hey, I'm on my way, the biggie being it's an afternoon flight so also saving on a £35 taxi ride for the usual 0650 flight and I won't feel drained the whole of the landing day. Fly afternoon, check-in hotel, grab a baguette, best frock on, out on the lash.

One thing I won't be doing is getting pissed at the airport and/or on the plane, I just end up wanting to crash into bed at 10pm.
Ours left at 10am outbound a few weeks ago. It was a perfect time for me

here's an idea for you guys.

air nostrum will put on direct flights from ibiza to menorca again next summer. in case you haven't been, it's a truly beautiful island and IMO it makes for a nice combo - first party a few days on ibiza, then go and chill and explore in menorca.

https://www.periodicodeibiza.es/pit...rano-vuelos-directos-entre-ibiza-menorca.html

you can thank me later ;)
I've looked at flights Menorca > Ibiza but there have never been any direct, and Air Nostrum have flights MEN>MAJ>IBZ and it looks like it's the same flight/aircraft but with different codes. I contacted then to see if this was true and whether a passenger could stay on the flight rather than get off (and back on again!) in the 30-minute stopover.
However the reply I got was jumbled and I don't think they understood the question so it may have been two seperate aircraft.

Anyhow, good news and for visitors on either island that means a holiday could be split with two destimations. I would probably do that myself one day.

I heard from a friend who lives in Majorca that residents in the Balearics get subsidised airfares to travel between the islands .... he said like a £5 to get from Palma to Ibiza ...

Back