Flights to Ibiza

It’s a bizarre practice. I’m surprised it’s been allowed for so long. The warning actually popped up when we hovered the cursor over the flight price coming home.

I see it a lot on the car hire and hotel sites etc. They also love that “23 other people looking at this flight now” to create a nice subtle threat. It’s the “hurry” bit that grates, it implies if someone else nabs these seats before you, you’re screwed and you’ll pay more so get it booked. *or simply log in tomorrow for the same flight and save £200.

Certainly with EasyJet, flights go down in price all the time. If you're a member of their Flight Club (the first rule of Flight Club is... :lol:) then you get the difference in price back if the price comes down. I've had loads of refunds that way.

That’s mental. I very rarely use EasyJet. Maybe twice in the last 5 years. No idea why I even checked the price again. I never do, but that refund was meant to be I guess. It felt like a big victory I can tell you!

Looking at flights out for a week coinciding with next year's medieval fair. Looks well steep for early May (bout 215 each before baggage). Bit of a deal breaker tbh. Haven't noticed a price hike for that time of year before or is it to do with extended season now? Or is it just a bad time to be lookin at flights?

Looking at flights out for a week coinciding with next year's medieval fair. Looks well steep for early May (bout 215 each before baggage). Bit of a deal breaker tbh. Haven't noticed a price hike for that time of year before or is it to do with extended season now? Or is it just a bad time to be lookin at flights?

It was like that when I looked last year for this one. If bookings don't come through to fill the flights prices will fall sharply by next year. I did pay more for flights in June than early / late October closing party time this year though, and May flights were so expensive I didn't even consider going. Problem being lack of supply vs demand that early in the year I think. Can only hope people get put off next year !

F*** ryanair don't know why people spend their hard earned on them. Pay abit extra and go with jet2 or thomson

Always use ryan air never any problems. Just get on the bloody plane..priority this, 1 bag here one bag there..who cares:rolleyes:

Always use ryan air never any problems. Just get on the bloody plane..priority this, 1 bag here one bag there..who cares:rolleyes:
You never know if they are gonna cancel look what they done for folk going for frampton fight.

Customer service is s*** aswell don't like paying out

F*** ryanair don't know why people spend their hard earned on them. Pay abit extra and go with jet2 or thomson

Well it's a case of scheduling for some more than what airline you choose. Certainly is with me I did 4 flights (2 returns) in October from Birmingham and every one was on a different airline ! I always fly with luggage and don't consider Ryanair any more of a low cost carrier than any other.

Have to say of all of them Ryanair was 2nd most expensive including priority & luggage. That was due to base fare not extras - all those companies charge a fortune to check a bag in and book a seat. Ryanair had one of the fastest bag drops, seats were less irritating than Thomson/TUI (i.e. no bruised knees off metal frame of seat in front), proper priority boarding not using a bus, took off early and suitcase was already on the carousel by the time I got through passport control. Had absolutely nothing to moan about.

Last edited:
I'm looking to book flights from Birmingham or London at end of June. Is it usually best to buy ASAP or wait? Currently about £200 return from Birmingham.

Flights booked with Ryanair for next May to coincide with Medieval festival. A fair bit cheaper than the above (pushed up by choosing seats and adding cabin bags etc). After all extras worked out around 135 each.

I'm looking to book flights from Birmingham or London at end of June. Is it usually best to buy ASAP or wait? Currently about £200 return from Birmingham.

Seat price increase as it gets closer to the date of travel or as seats sell so you should always keep that in mind

Thomson & Thomas Cook very often slash fares to £30 or so one way near travel date if they have spaces left. But it's obviously a gamble and sometimes you can get either outbound cheap or return cheap not v.v. if you're picky on dates or times. I always book very close to travel date and there were good deals here & there over Summer, but for some reason Birmingham was very expensive in peak season compared to London etc. Probably because of limited flights vs. demand.

I always look book the cheapest,then accommodation all I care about then is the weather forecast be it March April or early may and try get the last flight back to Dublin end of October to squeeze a few days in end of season..

Thomson & Thomas Cook very often slash fares to £30 or so one way near travel date if they have spaces left. But it's obviously a gamble and sometimes you can get either outbound cheap or return cheap not v.v. if you're picky on dates or times. I always book very close to travel date and there were good deals here & there over Summer, but for some reason Birmingham was very expensive in peak season compared to London etc. Probably because of limited flights vs. demand.

Shhhhhhhhh! I've had some bonkers cheap fares relatively close to travel date with the package holiday airlines obviously keen to fill the plane. Only downside is being sat with loads of families very likely having only got out of a club 2 hours before

Shhhhhhhhh! I've had some bonkers cheap fares relatively close to travel date with the package holiday airlines obviously keen to fill the plane. Only downside is being sat with loads of families very likely having only got out of a club 2 hours before

Yeah, earplugs are a good idea - it can wind up 2 hours of screaming toddlers kicking the back of your seat all the way home but hey, it's less than 2 drinks at Amnesia :lol:

Back