Films involving/about ibiza

Was finally able to watch This is Ibiza on Vimeo...

It was nice to see some familiar places and faces...but I have no idea what this was about. There was no cohesion between the topics in the movie except for the fact they added the subtitle This Is...to every chapter. It feels like they just interviewed some people, put together some footage and then added this guy as the narrator...no idea who he is...was just simply bragging how much he accomplished in Ibiza and in life.

Also while some footage was nice, never did it really catch the Ibiza vibe...but perhaps that's impossible on film :)

Poor mans, 2020 version of Ibiza Uncovered

Watched the first couple and would agree. Doesnt help matters they are staying in hotel like in the hills above San An Bay, so miles away from the action.

Not a lot happened that we didnt know already and some stupid people featured, like one who had social anxiety found it a surprise that being a PR for a bar involved social interaction and couldent hack it!

Stick with it, I found Money Heist really good
So, I was totally wrong about "Money Heist". It's so good it's getting to where I want to know what's happening next - really suspenseful. I like it a lot, and don't know why I was being snooty about it.

I feel like "White Lines" is a tribute, and a celebration of Ibiza regardless of its plot. And so I liked it for that, not because it was terrific. Next to one another though I think "White Lines" would struggle to contend with "Money Heist".

For anyone who's wondering, both are set in Spain, but of course "White Lines" is in Ibiza and I think it may have even been filmed in Ibiza, Mallorca, and other parts of Spain.

The dubbing is f***ing terrible on Money Heist. That's my only problem.

Also none of White Lines was filmed in Ibiza, sadly.
I couldn't get over the dubbing until sometime during part 2 (the second iteration... they aren't called seasons for "Money Heist"...). Once the plot kicked in, I got over it.

I read a Cosmopolitan article online that claims Ibiza is among the places where filming occurred. Not sure if it's true or not... :rolleyes:

There's something on telly called Ibiza Dreams... Anyone watch that

It's terrible. Good concept of following workers trying to make a living (pre Corona of course) but there's some poor characters, and they seem to spend most the episodes showing shots of the hotel (an uninteresting one in San An Bay)

In other news White Lines season2 has been cancelled. Assume too hard to film stuff abroad, that and the plot was thin anyway!

It's terrible. Good concept of following workers trying to make a living (pre Corona of course) but there's some poor characters, and they seem to spend most the episodes showing shots of the hotel (an uninteresting one in San An Bay)

In other news White Lines season2 has been cancelled. Assume too hard to film stuff abroad, that and the plot was thin anyway!
I've seen it, the 'cast' mostly come across as naïve show offs, the hotel must be on an earner.
Also some wrong captions on place names. Some good photography though.

i stopped white lines when they introduced an incest sub plot

New episode of A Place In The Sun on Channel4 and All4. 275k budget in Santa Eulalia and Cala Llonga.

Won't spoiler but even 275k doesn't get you a lot in Ibiza these days :eek:

Edit: filmed September 2018 so may not be new, but I watch this show far too much and I haven't seen it

Last edited:
New episode of A Place In The Sun on Channel4 and All4. 275k budget in Santa Eulalia and Cala Llonga.

Won't spoiler but even 275k doesn't get you a lot in Ibiza these days :eek:

Edit: filmed September 2018 so may not be new, but I watch this show far too much and I haven't seen it
finally they managed to film an episode on ibiza, that second appartemet in sierra beach was terrible? not even a balcony or outside space, but still very expensive.
only liked the flat showed in roca llisa, i could imagine living there.
the apartement in that highriser in cala llenia was awful too.....
in the end it looked like they went for the location and that apartement in sierra beach?

finally they managed to film an episode on ibiza, that second appartemet in sierra beach was terrible? not even a balcony or outside space, but still very expensive.
in the end it looked like they went for the location and that apartement in sierra beach?
There's another show like that where they are showing superstar dj John Kelly around nice little gaffs around the west coast.. some beautiful little. Villages I never heard of and a million miles away from posters and billboards..

Agree, I don't see the point of getting a place in Ibiza with no outside space at all, even a small balcony to sit and watch the world go by is essential for me.

The Calla Llonga apartment had a great view but was tiny, could work as a 2nd home for someone who just wants a place to crash for a few days at a time tho.

I’ve just watched the Born Balearic film about Jon Sa Trinxa
£5 on Vimeo,( had some airplay issues and had to connect to TV via HDMI, if anyone’s arsed).
really made me want to get back on the island

Back