FC Barcelona or Manchester United ?

Interesting views

I predict another one will join Dan in supporting UTD, that will be Mr Collins ;)

Errr wrong actually.

I want neither side to win and would've prefered any other team in the competition to get there than these two (apart from maybe Arsenal). As it comes down to one of those two though I'd pick Barca over Utd any day of the week but purely because their my second least favourite team to win it...

Interesting views

I predict another one will join Dan in supporting UTD, that will be Mr Collins ;)

The annoying thing is right now, with just over 48 hours left till the match, i'm nearly more worried about the players not play acting than i am about the match itself.

This issue has taken such a significance, specially in this country that all i hope is the players don't help fuel this even further.

Agree 100% with Olly, Alves and Busquets are the worst, but i'm confident they'll limit this on saturday.

Barca will be staying in Chelsea Harbour hotel from today, Morbs have you ever stayed there??

You haven't said who you'll be cheering on?!;)

Errr wrong actually.

I want neither side to win and would've prefered any other team in the competition to get there than these two (apart from maybe Arsenal). As it comes down to one of those two though I'd pick Barca over Utd any day of the week but purely because their my second least favourite team to win it...

wow, pleasantly surprised. I would've bet a lot of money Barca were your least favourite team. Still, not sure I'll be counting on you cheering us on too loudly if we score but thanks for your support.

Bez, just saw that hungarians ref's history. He's never done a Barca game and he's refereed United three times and they've won three times so if anything Barca should be weary ;)

This is hard to say but I will cheer on Man U. I belong to the Real Madrid football, so I can't cheer for those guys. I really would like both to lose. That being said a muted cheer for Man U

never understood "want a british team to win" mentality, especially if the team is a rival.

However as Grego said I don't understand cheering on another English side and I do have a soft spot for them so I will be firmly in the Catalan corner for this.

I agree to some extent, but this is Man Utd and Alex Ferguson were talking about, the hatres does run deep still throughout the country win supporters of other teams.

Lets face it if it was any other British team playing Barça at Wembley, the majority of British fans would want the underdog British team to win.

But as it happens its Manure in their 3rd final in 4 years and most of us hope they get stuffed :lol:

I've got my Barça shirt all nice cleaned and ironed and will be shouting form the roof tops 8)

Errr wrong actually. I want neither team to win ....

As it comes down to one of those two though I'd pick Barca over Utd any day of the week

Not overly fussed to be honest. Just hope it's a good game that's all.

..and I do have a soft spot for them so I will be firmly in the Catalan corner for this.

:lol:

Hope Man U win and think that they will.

This myth that Barca are in a different league to Man U is just silly (and annoying)!

Bez, just saw that hungarians ref's history. He's never done a Barca game and he's refereed United three times and they've won three times so if anything Barca should be weary ;)

Yes it would appear that way ;)

Im afraid another poor Referring decision will tarnish this final. I hope not, as it has the potential to be a classic. Barcelona are clearly the most attractive and skilled team playing football in Europe at the moment, but they may be suspect under pressure. Its a true Style vs Substance match and if it comes down to a dog fight then Man Utd will shade it.

Ferguson is a brilliant manager and if anybody can out maneuver Barca, it will be him.

Hope Man U win and think that they will.

This myth that Barca are in a different league to Man U is just silly (and annoying)!

Man U are 11/4 to win! That is a huge price for them in a one off match! Gonna have a nibble on that.

Also Messi 1st goal and maybe 2-1 or 3-1 Barca. Both decent prices 20/1 and 45/1.

Man U are 11/4 to win! That is a huge price for them in a one off match! Gonna have a nibble on that.

Also Messi 1st goal and maybe 2-1 or 3-1 Barca. Both decent prices 20/1 and 45/1.

Man U are 3/1 (in 90 mins) with Paddy Power......!!

I am gonna do that and then maybe have a few quid on 2-0 Barca, and also maybe add Messi first goal to that as well...

Yes great value in those odds. Its for 90mins play they are 11/4. To lift the trophy 7/4.

11/1 Utd to win on penalties is always a tasty bet as is the 10/3 about Rooney getting booked. Scholes is evens fav to be booked??

Paddy power are doing a fantastic money back offer if Barca win in 90 mins!!!
Just stuck a few quid on a few scorecast predictions!!
I think Man Utd will give them a game, although Barca for me are faves! Can see it going all the way to Pens!

The Barcelona clubs rubbed me the wrong way the whole time I lived in Spain. That is why I supported Seville and Real Madrid. Seville was my local team and Real Madrid the regional team. I won't be able to talk to my friends for a bit if they win the CL and La Liga.:(

Can I post this again? :D

MrMessi.jpg

Hola!

Voiceless and a bit drunk ;) just want to pop in to say hi and say a couple of things
1. WHat and amazing final, Manchester United has all our respect for ever
2. To support a team you don't care about just because is from your country is stupid
3. You can't talk about Barça taking the last four Barça-Madrid as a model. It would take me pages to explain the complexity of many things involved like politics, culture, different cultures... It's hard to explain and very difficult to understand for people who is not from here, but they were very ugly games and it was much more than football, don't forget that (we almost had a second civil war!!)
and 4. I hope Ferd will blows London tonight ;)

Visca el Barça

Hola!

. I hope Ferd will blows London tonight ;)

Visca el Barça

:eek: I knew Ferd was in touch with his femenine side and all, but thats taking it a bit far Sil :eek: :lol: ;)

Re the Match. There arent enough superlatives to describe this Barça side, they are the best side in world football that i've seen in my young 36 years. People talk about Stefano's Real and Cruyfs Ajax, but they were an age ago, this side are the best of a generation IMO.

Last night they made Man Utd look very very ordinary, even when they went level Barça didnt get fazed, they just stuck to their plan. Get these stats from last night :-

- Messi's goal took his tally to 100 in 2 seasons, undoubtedly the best player on earth at the moment.
- Xavi reached 40 complete passes before any of the Man utd players even hit double figures :eek:
- Barça had 68% of possesion
- Barça had 16 attempts at goal, 13 on target, Man utd had 3, 1 on target 8)
- Barça 6 corners to Man Utds 0 corners

To do that against Man utd for the 2nd time is just astonishing, and most of the team is in their mid 20's so how long can they go on like this :confused:

As for Man Utd, Giggs and Hernandez went completely missing, didnt see them all game, Valencia was the worst player on the pitch, and to leave Berbatov out of the squad in favour of Michel Owen tells me Berbas days are over, even so i'd rather have him on the bench, he's their top scorer FFS.

And as a fan of LFC I'm glad Whiskey nose didnt get their 4th and his 3rd (to match Paisley) cup. Looking at it he may well not beat ouyr haul of 5 now before he retires, I can see Barça dominate this competition for some years yet.

As a neutral it was a wonderful game to see, Well done Barça, well done Sil and Ferd !! 8)

Last edited by a moderator:

Good call 45/1 hope you had some.

Excellent game, great team and just to watch Messi play was enough. In the place I watched the game there was a group of Liverpool fans sticking it into UTD all evening :)

i hope that the people that have questioned Barca decisions note that the only controversial call last night was the offside in the lead up to Rooneys goal

tho if you were relying on the English broadcasters to comment on it you;ve probably missed it :D

Back