FC Barcelona or Manchester United ?

weloveliam@space

I know as an English Person I should really be rooting for Manchester UTD (Ahem), and I keep having Manure, sorry, Man UTD supporting friends telling me so, especially with it being played in England.

But I'm sorry I really cant bring myself to, I sincerely hope that Barça give them a lesson in the beautiful game like they did 2 years ago. I hope for an entertaining game, but with only one outcome. And I really hope that Messi lights up and scores a hat trick :p

My excuse is I have lived in Spain for many years, and that they are my Spanish team (after my local team Valencia that is).

So.... who will you be supporting and why ? It'll be interesting to see out of the British people, who support other teams, who will actually want them to win. I reckon not too many.

never understood "want a british team to win" mentality, especially if the team is a rival.

how can you want your closest rivals to win, ever, in general?

my son is also culé toda la vida and we'll be cheering on barça together of course.

sh!tting it a bit like.....:lol:

Barca obviously, although I wouldn't like to see the hysterics displayed in the last round.

never understood "want a british team to win" mentality, especially if the team is a rival.

how can you want your closest rivals to win, ever, in general?

my son is also culé toda la vida and we'll be cheering on barça together of course.

sh!tting it a bit like.....:lol:

had that when Celtic were in the UEFA cup final
some people couldnt understand me not wanting them to get the money, prestige, trophy etc etc

oh and Barca for me

Which game is that?
Olympic diving or Let's Con the Ref?
:p

Drogba_Dive8.jpg

Barca will romp it but I hope Man U win. If only for the underdog thing/see the british rugged grafters give the worthy prancing pretty boys a lesson ;).

But then I don't hate them - there anren't any gloating fans this end of the country that you can take seriously (or would pipe up in any football talk).

I don't hate many clubs tbh. They deserve respect for staying at the top of it's game with a (reasonably) financially organic approach to team development and has decent enough values and don't winge about past glories.

I even like Arsenal these days. I must be doing something wrong!

I actually think Man Utd aren't quite as hated as they used to be. Most of the really arrogant players have gone, save for 1/2 obvious exceptions. I think it's partly the emergence of Chelsea and City and other lucky clubs with generous benefactors, means there isn't an obvious focal point for everyone's hatred anymore + the personnel have changed It's impossible to hate say Park and Fletcher the way you hated Neville and Beckham, for instance? The UK media will all be behind Man Utd - note yesterday's Mirror's backpage hatchet job on the dirty players of Barcelona, but the true neutrals will probably take a more detached view. I think it will be a lot closer than 2009 and Utd look to be in better form at the moment. Barca to win, though, surely

i really want Barca to win. This despite the fact that my liverpool supporting mates all think i want Man U to win, cos they all think all Everton fans like Man U, which is another so called 'fact' that reds have no ****ing idea about.

anyway, i digress.....I want Barca to win but I think that Man U may win. and 3/1 (in 90 mins) for a Man U win with Patrick Power is very tempting....

I actually think Man Utd aren't quite as hated as they used to be. Most of the really arrogant players have gone, save for 1/2 obvious exceptions. I think it's partly the emergence of Chelsea and City and other lucky clubs with generous benefactors, means there isn't an obvious focal point for everyone's hatred anymore + the personnel have changed It's impossible to hate say Park and Fletcher the way you hated Neville and Beckham, for instance? The UK media will all be behind Man Utd - note yesterday's Mirror's backpage hatchet job on the dirty players of Barcelona, but the true neutrals will probably take a more detached view. I think it will be a lot closer than 2009 and Utd look to be in better form at the moment. Barca to win, though, surely

After Chelsea were "cheated" :lol: (in fairness matched them over 2 legs and were unlukcy not to proceed) in the semi's, if you believed the papers, all Man U had to do was turn up to pick up the trophy 2 years ago.

Since then Barca have gone from strength to strength whilst Man U, if anything, have wilted. And they're playing the sort of team that they just can't play against (i.e. a passing/proper footballing side - see Arsenal a few weeks back).

They won the league through the weakness in the rest of the field. Nothing more, nothing less.

After Chelsea were "cheated" :lol: (in fairness matched them over 2 legs and were unlukcy not to proceed) in the semi's, if you believed the papers, all Man U had to do was turn up to pick up the trophy 2 years ago.

Since then Barca have gone from strength to strength whilst Man U, if anything, have wilted. And they're playing the sort of team that they just can't play against (i.e. a passing/proper footballing side - see Arsenal a few weeks back).

They won the league through the weakness in the rest of the field. Nothing more, nothing less.

I take your point Dan....but i think that United as a 'team' have improved since the 2009 final...yes they have lost big players in Ronaldo and Tevez (who was never really more than a bit part player for Man U) but they seem to be a better team and have certainly found a better and more effective way to play in Europe....

Of course, it is obviously very easy to make a case that Barca have improved too since that final...the signing of Villa, plus the fact they had a lot of players out in the 09 final.

So, all in all - **** knows......i'll do my usual and just hand the irish bookie some money i will prob never see again!!

I think i am gonna do Man U to win in 90 minutes at 3/1 and then also Barca to win two nil, which will be about 9/1 i would think...

Two things:
1) to be fair, he's substantially cleaned up his act
2) there's a difference between 1-2 bad eggs, and a whole dozen of them! Well, 11... almost a dozen.

sorry not taking lectures from Chelsea on 'bad eggs' (who remembers 9/11?)

yes some of the Barca players went OTT but it needs to be seen in the context of an extremely bitter hundred year war with Madrid - can't say I approved but then again I don't know what how I would respond if an opposing team were trying to decaptitate me and the officials were offering no protection

sorry not taking lectures from Chelsea on 'bad eggs' (who remembers 9/11?)

yes some of the Barca players went OTT but it needs to be seen in the context of an extremely bitter hundred year war with Madrid - can't say I approved but then again I don't know what how I would respond if an opposing team were trying to decaptitate me and the officials were offering no protection

it wasn't that bad mate!!!

Ah, if it were only that game. It's not.

Decapitated? really? :lol:

Back