FC Barcelona or Manchester United ?

Ah, if it were only that game. It's not.

Decapitated? really? :lol:

as someone who watches a lot of Barcelona games, I can assure you it isn't standard behaviour. Neverthless, I'm honest enough to freely agree it's something alves and busquets should never have got involved in. That night however there was instense and sustained provocation because Madrid had no tactical Plan B. With Inter there was less spite because those kinds of players Lucio etc are well-drilled in tactical catenaccio, and that was something you could respect in an adversary. The madrid players don't have that defensive tradition, they're not used to playing catch up. It's an insult to their pride. and so they had to deploy brute force as the only means of staying in the game. Adebayor should've not only been sent off but actually arrested for common assault.

the fact that you and the other haters choose to dwell on a few incidents rather than the overall genius and majesterial beauty of the barcelona game speaks volumes about how jealous you are of the collosal chasm in class you have yet to bridge.

the fact that you and the other haters choose to dwell on a few incidents rather than the overall genius and majesterial beauty of the barcelona game speaks volumes about how jealous you are of the collosal chasm in class you have yet to bridge.
Not at all. Your assertion is entirely wrong.

I will readily admit that Barca is full of supremely skillful players in attack, and also very well drilled in the art of pressing in defense (something people tend to overlook).

But they are not some angels of football, and I get unbelievably annoyed by their army of adoration that pretends they are. They can play as dirty as the next team, and often do. And for some reason tend to get away with it. (no, not implying some sort of conspiracy)

those incidents aside, Barca really are not a dirty side and you know it

For starters, they don't need to be!

yes Xavi might come across as slightly messianic when he talks about the barca 'philosophy' but that's because it's been drilled into every player who went through that academy. What they are not taught though is how to kick lumps out of other players. It's simply not in their game. Diving, it happens everywhere. Gosh! even English players do it too

the 'mes que un club / more than a club' motto gets misunderstood - outsiders think it's arrogance meaning something sanctimonious when the truth is it refers to the series of different sports and social enterprises all linked to the club, the community work, the foundation, the associations around the world, and its deep historical place in catalan society. It's therefore not just a football club. But 'enemies' use that as a stick because everybody likes to take a swipe at whoever's on top..

Not overly fussed to be honest. Just hope it's a good game that's all.

Olly is right the hatred is not there so much anymore for United in recent years plus they are the underdogs slightly in this so that makes a difference. If they were playing Trabsponsur or some toilet like that then we would all be going bananas but I think the majority of 'fans' think they are going to lose anyway. However as Grego said I don't understand cheering on another English side and I do have a soft spot for them so I will be firmly in the Catalan corner for this.

However Barca players do go over easier than some of my ex birds. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Barca to win. Can't wait to see Messi run rings around Wobbly Lips, that's if he's not injured as he has been for alot of the season.

Barca

A total rout would be magical and certainly make up for Leeds messing up promotion.

That apart, would cheer Barca against any team other than Leeds.

Interesting views

I predict another one will join Dan in supporting UTD, that will be Mr Collins ;)

The annoying thing is right now, with just over 48 hours left till the match, i'm nearly more worried about the players not play acting than i am about the match itself.

This issue has taken such a significance, specially in this country that all i hope is the players don't help fuel this even further.

Agree 100% with Olly, Alves and Busquets are the worst, but i'm confident they'll limit this on saturday.

Barca will be staying in Chelsea Harbour hotel from today, Morbs have you ever stayed there??

Barcelona are obviuosly favourites but Man Utd have a very real chance... for a start Man utd's defence is a lot more solid than the majority of the spanish sides barca crush week in week out, not that i think man utd will turn up looking for extra time.. There's some quality all over the pitch including probably one of the best players i've ever seen.. If man utd are to take anything from the game then hernandez could well be the one to do it as im not totally convinced with mascherano at centre half.. having said all this if i had my knackers connected to a form of electrical current and Bobby Charlton had control of the switch and i had a decision to make......... Barca;)

I know as an English Person I should really be rooting for Manchester UTD (Ahem), and I keep having Manure, sorry, Man UTD supporting friends telling me so, especially with it being played in England.

But I'm sorry I really cant bring myself to, I sincerely hope that Barça give them a lesson in the beautiful game like they did 2 years ago. I hope for an entertaining game, but with only one outcome. And I really hope that Messi lights up and scores a hat trick :p

My excuse is I have lived in Spain for many years, and that they are my Spanish team (after my local team Valencia that is).

So.... who will you be supporting and why ? It'll be interesting to see out of the British people, who support other teams, who will actually want them to win. I reckon not too many.

I agree whole heartedly sir, and you don't need any excuse to want barca to win. I cannot bare to think about that thick goon rio lifting that trophy.
I can honestly only see one outcome, can you honestly see fletcher carrick and co being able to cope with xavi , iniesta and messi.
United only won the weakest premier leauge in years because they were the least sh*t of the bunch.

Barca will be staying in Chelsea Harbour hotel from today, Morbs have you ever stayed there??
:lol:
No, I usually stay at the hotel next to the stadium. But I have been over there for drinks and what not (some friends used to live a block away). Very chic.

No, but I bet he's got Roman to bung the chef to make lasagne for them :lol:
Damn... wish I'd known they were staying there. Could have sent over a few envelopes :lol:

those incidents aside, Barca really are not a dirty side and you know it

For starters, they don't need to be!

Yes when you have the referee on your side all the time there is no need to play dirty, all the breaks go your way.

I think Man Utd are the only team in Europe that can beat Barca. The longer UTD can stop the Catalans from scoring, the better their chances of winning.

If it ends up as a scrappy, tough game with very few goals I can see UTD sneaking a win either in injury time or on Peno's. But this is unlikely as..........

The appointment of Hungarian referee Victor Kassai would suggest to me that Barca have bought another Final... so if things are not going their way expect a soft penalty, red card or some other contentious decision to sway momentum back in their favor.

sorry, it is cliched claptrap that barca have uefa in their pockets. The rules have altered over the last 20 years to advantage attacking sides and attacking sides like Barca have benefitted in that respect but there is no canteen meeting of refs all colluding to give the tournament to Barca. If you believe that then go join the doomsday prophets in Utah.

Back