Fabric

Does the club have their own dealers? Or am I living in the past..

in the distant past, when I used to go, there were usually 4 guys sorting things out - they probably would have worked for the clerkenwell crime syndicate (ie the Adams lot) who controlled that patch, but then the feds started sniffing around and they went more lowkey so anyone trading in there now is probably freelance or Albanian...

I remember just getting in the door of some big club/nights in the early 90s past security in full view you had guys offering pills. This was in London, Birmingham and Liverpool.. us traveling Rave paddies thought we were being set up..?

I remember just getting in the door of some big club/nights in the early 90s past security in full view you had guys offering pills. This was in London, Birmingham and Liverpool.. us traveling Rave paddies thought we were being set up..?
Cream was incredible back in the day. Bouncers fully involved in the whole process.

Anyone go to Jamie Jones yesterday? Instagram videos look much more housey than usual tech house stuff he plays. Good atmosphere too by all accounts

not wishing to piss on anyone's parade but clockwork at fabric is really bizarre... considering that the whole ethos of Fabric from day one was precisely to give Londoners a 'dark' alternative to anthem culture etc* - so I'm intrigued to read any reports on how this one goes...! any saturday regulars who just go just because it's Fabric might be in for a bit of a shock :lol:

(*I've not been in years so maybe I'm totally outta date)

Sadly this sort of thing has been going on a while. Friday nights are a lot more commercial now and cater to “tech house” tastes at times - they’ve had ants there recently. Sadly the reality of London...you need to make money...costs far outweigh Berlin and while on the right date it’s still up there with the best, there has been compromise. This being a prime example!

Keith Reilly said (through gritted teeth) that programming the club to a wider audience than pre-2016 closure was a necessary evil in order for it to survive. They're even hosting trance events now

Now they're ISO approved, I guess the days of putting on events that they know are loss leaders need to be scaled back

not wishing to piss on anyone's parade but clockwork at fabric is really bizarre... considering that the whole ethos of Fabric from day one was precisely to give Londoners a 'dark' alternative to anthem culture etc* - so I'm intrigued to read any reports on how this one goes...! any saturday regulars who just go just because it's Fabric might be in for a bit of a shock :lol:

(*I've not been in years so maybe I'm totally outta date)
I’ve been to kids party at fabric with my daughter.

Saturday night is a biggie at fabric with amelie lens album launch. Gonna pop over after printworks.
Anyone going?

I had no idea... that's sad to hear. I thought Fabric was profitable on its own terms.

to be fair, most of the random stuff is day time / afternoon events. Fridays they had to shake up because of the problems they had. Saturdays are still generally solid

Fabric will be rubbing there hands as Clockwork sold out immediately, plus their big line-up at night. They'll be coining it!

I actually agree with you for once, prob the best underground venue in London, with the weakest CW line up I've seen, and of course the dreaded 1 hour sets.

Praying no one plays " Suitcase at the door " .....

Back