Fabric

Alas I didnt make it in the end either. My mate bailed on me after a messy friday night, and my mrs wasn't that enthusiastic about me getting up to go on my own funnily enough so just had a weekend off and feel really good for it!

Monday health feels are the one!

I'm all over his next visit though, should be May or June time i would have thought.

Shame he doesn't feature much, if at all during Sonar!

Very much looking forward to catching him @ Houghton in August - The one and only time we were going to witness Ricardo in a festival environment and the damn thing got shut down long before his set! (Bloc).

Theres one round the corner up from Barbican which we have commande'red when ive had friends from overseas but you would need to pre arrange late check out. Its huge , opposite the Shakespear pub

Soooo stoked to see fabric have scored the same opening times for their birthday celebrations this year! (Well, according to the RA event page they have)

I had my fears we'd never see those scenes again due to obvious previous issues!

Far to early to speculate the line up, but that won't stop me. I'd love to see the likes of Margaret Dygas or Zip booked for the Sunday arvo/evening slot!

Sven makes he's return to fabric on 4th May - first time in 7 years by my recollection. Without a doubt attending that!

Couldn't believe they managed to get him the day before Arcadia to be honest, he'll be absolutely class in the main room.

Definitely enough to tempt me back to fabric for the first time since the new 'regime' has been put in place there.

Couldn't believe they managed to get him the day before Arcadia to be honest, he'll be absolutely class in the main room.

Definitely enough to tempt me back to fabric for the first time since the new 'regime' has been put in place there.

I've had assurances from a few people on here that not much has actually changed and its much of the same as always if that puts your mind to rest.

Couldn't believe they managed to get him the day before Arcadia to be honest.

LWE + fabric = Good working relationship

Plus fabric is a club show and Arcadia is a festival. Will have different audiences and different contractual clauses

LWE + fabric = Good working relationship

Plus fabric is a club show and Arcadia is a festival. Will have different audiences and different contractual clauses

True. Have to say I thought that Arcadia lineup was a little bit disjointed, trying to appeal to too many people it seems. Sure they will do well mainly for the show of the 'spider.' Doesn't appeal much personally though so buzzing about the Fabric date.

I've had assurances from a few people on here that not much has actually changed and its much of the same as always if that puts your mind to rest.

I have heard similar reports although mixed in some horror stories about people been dragged to medical tents to have their blood pressure checked, and being filmed admitting possession of certain illicit items...

Have to say I thought that Arcadia lineup was a little bit disjointed, trying to appeal to too many people it seems. Sure they will do well mainly for the show of the 'spider.'

That's essentially it. Music almost plays second fiddle to the show, drama and theatrics in this instance.

Cocoon at fabric though. The stuff dreams are made of!

I have heard similar reports although mixed in some horror stories about people been dragged to medical tents to have their blood pressure checked, and being filmed admitting possession of certain illicit items...

I've heard of people having their blood pressure taken upon arrival if they look like they are on something, but nothing about being filmed admitting possession of substances. My understanding was the whole "we will hand you over" talk was empty words and just said to deter and make it look like they were making an effort.

Such a shame with Fabric - THE best venue in the country but it has made me think twice about attending as the grief seems to outweigh the pleasure of the night.

I really wouldn’t worry about fabric I’ve been countless times since it has reopened and never had or seen anything different than before other than perhaps a few more security. Everything else is still absolutely spot on

They have also started to make much more use of room 3 recently and the new layout in there is brilliant! The decks are on the floor under arch straight ahead as you walk in, makes for a much more intimate experience as you feel like the DJ is partying with you!

Caught Adriatique's all night long set up there and it was very very good indeed! I went to go and see Treatment (Onur Özer & Binh) in room 1 but ended up staying in room 3 basically all night

Been to fabric twice since Christmas and other than a few more security and 'welfare stewards' (as they call them) on the dance floor, it was great and the same as any other club. Security was tighter getting in at Printworks and most the one day festivals i went to last summer. honestly, if you didnt know the back story of the last year or two, you wouldnt notice anything different on the door.

Back