Exit Festival

ugh. Ditto.

Craziest party I've ever been to I think... :?: Or one of anyway.

That dance area is bloody huge and looks amazing from above in the mornings... 8)

So many highlights - scared about next year already. It's both fantastic and HORRIBLE.

Exceeded all my expectations by a million miles.

Yep cant agree more. The best times of my life but also the worst (or at least felt like it at the time). For me , Audion and dubfire played the best sets I think Ive ever heard . Sven and 2 many dj's rocked it too. Next year will get an apartment but also camp cos the atmosphere in the campsite is amazing but i think you need somewhere to escape the sun as well

It was awesome. Clearly not as good as last year :lol::lol::lol:, but really special nonetheless ;)

In fairness I didn't ereally connect as much with the music this year, but I honestly don't think I'll ever see a more house/clubbingly endearing sight then that during the few hours past dawn in the dance stage. From the top of the dust banks it was a sea of hands pumping and cheering to every sound that was coming out of the speakers, and close up on the floor everywhere you looked was another soldier of an army of people just dancing and jumping around with such beaming smiles on their faces.

Got me 'up' more than any bumble could ever could. ;)

Can't recommend it enough. First names down for next year :D:D:D:D

Ditto all of the above. Incredible!! Garnier was the highlight for me - it was a special moment when he played man with the red face at sunrise. Incredible!

see you next year.

I had perhaps the worse time of my life at exit due to some right nasty pills on the saturday which floored us the following day thus missing another night(i already missed one night due to missing my plane):cry: I don't think i will do anymore rugs now as that was my second scare in 9 months:oops:Other than that what i did get to see was ****ing sweet but don't tell me who i saw.
:(

Bloody hell Dubfire is getting more and more minimal by the day. Him and Sharam play such different sets, they must argue all the time when they play together as Deep Dish!

I don't think they do anymore for exactly that reason.

In one record Dubfire came on and changed the momentum instantly and proceeded to jam out 90 minutes of skippy-minimal.

It was quite danceable tho (as there were proper drums in it) tho it was all a bit "you do realise it isn't 2004 anymore?" :lol:

Sharam smashed it tho 8):D

Robder :eek::cry:

I had perhaps the worse time of my life at exit due to some right nasty pills on the saturday which floored us the following day thus missing another night(i already missed one night due to missing my plane):cry: I don't think i will do anymore rugs now as that was my second scare in 9 months:oops:Other than that what i did get to see was ****ing sweet but don't tell me who i saw.
:(

Do you remember what they were? I had some pink ones tuck me up (tho found some yellow smarties that, erm, had the answer ;) )

In one record Dubfire came on and changed the momentum instantly and proceeded to jam out 90 minutes of skippy-minimal.

It was quite danceable tho (as there were proper drums in it) tho it was all a bit "you do realise it isn't 2004 anymore?" :lol:

I know! :lol: Disclaimer => I actually really (really) enjoyed his set.

(But f*cking minimal - for a closing set - I just don't understand the kids of today.)

Do you think we'll have to do another two summers of 'intelligent' 'banging' (?) minimal before everyone will decide that there is no such thing as a timeless classic from this genre? :lol:

I don't think they do anymore for exactly that reason.

Sharam smashed it tho 8):D

Robder :eek::cry:

It hardly sounded minimal to me! was banging from start to finish , nearly all his own productions and pissed all over the vocal drivel that sharam played! Sounded like Techno to me , minimal or not

It hardly sounded minimal to me! was banging from start to finish , nearly all his own productions and pissed all over the vocal drivel that sharam played! Sounded like Techno to me , minimal or not

It was officially what is know as "Minimal With Kickdrums", which transpires all the negative elements of minimal (clicks in every track, gas whooshes in any other track so that everything is an exercise in making a track sound "well prduced"), though at least has a pounding beat that gives it a more universal popularity (i.e. not just for the trendy kids 2 grams deep into a bit of special).

To me it just ends up sounding like some fella called fritz has just discovered West Coast Farina-esque house and whacked the bass up. Which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Don't get me wrong I danced to it happilly enough, though I did find it the most bizarre of choices. Plus also I was amused at how he didn't even attempt to bridge the genres :lol:

Not that I'm to geeky, techy or over analytical about these things...

Whatever it was it moved that crowd more than I saw any other dj do for the whole festival so consider me a full blown "minimal with kickdrums" fan! Did you see Audion play on the thursday?

Whatever it was it moved that crowd more than I saw any other dj do for the whole festival so consider me a full blown "minimal with kickdrums" fan! Did you see Audion play on the thursday?

No, all that really isn't my cup of tea. I think the streets was on then in any case.

Oh, and for the record, I thought the scenes during dubfire was awesome.

Everyone properly going for it, myself included, purely in a kind of genuine celebration of what an amazing weekend everyone had had, and what truly awesome surroundings everyone was dancing in (and won't be again for another 361 days ;) )

Yeah it was abit of a moment , like you say the surroundings are what make it and the feeling of complete celebration. Def going next year , if you book flights early with JAT thay are dirt cheap to Belgrade

Hi folks... quickly checking in from lovely Dubrovnik.

What an amazing event :!: :D :D Very well organized for its size. Great music all over the place. Little to no trouble, aside from the one unfortunate camping accident. What can I say? I was impressed. I WILL BE BACK!

Also - anyone hear about the praise allah comment from the sex pistols?:
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/5040
I saw that! Must have been the fastest way possible to quickly clear a crowded field full of Serbians :!: Made it really easy to move up to the front before they played Anarchy in the UK, which was really the only interesting moment of their set. (edit: that story you linked to got it wrong. He didn't sing "Praise Allah, Praise Allah", but "Allah be praised, may America be erased")

Sharam rocked the place. His closing out with Say Hello was one of my moments-of-the-festival (what can I say? I just love that tune)

On the live side, Gogol Bordello were amazing. Manu Chao too... both acts I had heard tons about but never really listened to nor seen live. Primal Scream and the Gossip also get honorable mentions.

Amazing DJ sets by Anja Schneider, Laurent Garnier (had to see half of each due to timing), Too Many DJs, etc., etc. Quite enjoyed Booka Shade too. Dubfire... heck, even Axwell!

Wow wow wow!

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting debate, going back to the youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIu6viv1h1g, the 1st track until about 2.25 I do actually like, and even though i'll still regard it as minimal, I can see how it's quite tough and sounds like a techno tune.

However that tune after 2.30 is the typical tune that really bores me, I've never been able to get into that sound.

that second tune is pap, whatever genre it is. it reminds me of the start of silver screen shower scene... :-s anyway, surely that boring minimal stuff isn't suited to a big open air venue like that? not for me anyway.

first tune's a beast though.

that vid looks good, but the whole idea of this festival still doesn't grab me. i've never really liked the big events where a self-hyped tw*t stands on a huge stage playing other people's music like he's some sort of rock god.

Back