European Festivals

Dynamic festival in Amsterdam cancelled

Meanwhile in Croatia defected festival week happening as we speak

Just a tiny addition...Dynamic was already cancelled, this was the Solomun 6 hour set that was meant to replace Dynamic.
It's actually kinda weird that they already cancelled it. We can now only have small scale festivals/events with 750 people vaccinated or tested. But on the 13th of August those visitor numbers could (and will probably be) expanded again...with this event taking place 2 weeks after they could have waited that out.

And to make it even more crazy, seems like Belgium is going fine. Solomun 6 hours Amsterdam on the 27th of August is now cancelled, but I'm driving 2 hours to Belgium the next day on the 28th of August where Solomun 6 hours Antwerp is gonna happen.

Also bought my tickets for Elrow Island, 72 hours of partying on the private island of Obonjan 9-12 September. Can't wait to escape this mad world.

Defected Croatia always looks pretty decent, but it seems a lot of the same old tunes are continuously played over the weekend which could get real boring, real quick. But fair play to them because the line up is impressive and for getting it done

Defected Croatia always looks pretty decent, but it seems a lot of the same old tunes are continuously played over the weekend which could get real boring, real quick. But fair play to them because the line up is impressive and for getting it done
Yeh not my type of music at all....some tunes were more disco type music....Nice though to see people enjoying themselves again dancing and having a good time

Come on ibiza! they are loosing out a bit to Croatia and mykonos....

I wonder when clubbing Is back up and running In ibiza if those people will come back to ibiza or decide to party in Croatia and mykonos instead

It's actually kinda weird that they already cancelled it. We can now only have small scale festivals/events with 750 people vaccinated or tested. But on the 13th of August those visitor numbers could (and will probably be) expanded again...with this event taking place 2 weeks after they could have waited that out.

Yep, Luminosity has a smaller trance festival on the beach near Zandvoort (NL) in a couple weeks, and they decided to split into two shows running at the same time in order to meet the 750 person limit. Everyone has to pick a side for each day, with no jumping between events.

A State of Trance 1000 officially is still on for the first weekend of September in Utrecht, but I'm not sure anyone has much confidence that it's going to be able to happen. It's hard to imagine things changing enough to allow a 30,000 person, indoor event to happen there so soon.

Is Spain the only country not back at it yet? NL has the 750 person limit, but at least it’s something I guess.

Yeh not my type of music at all....some tunes were more disco type music....Nice though to see people enjoying themselves again dancing and having a good time

Come on ibiza! they are loosing out a bit to Croatia and mykonos....

I wonder when clubbing Is back up and running In ibiza if those people will come back to ibiza or decide to party in Croatia and mykonos instead
Me and the wife have decided to give it a go next year instead of our usual ibiza trip.

Is Spain the only country not back at it yet? NL has the 750 person limit, but at least it’s something I guess.
It's something indeed. Had a blast last Sunday with 750 people at one of the few parties actually going on.
Only small outdoor locations can do this so I went to a beach club and the vibe was unreal. The thing with these small event is...it's impossible to get tickets so lots of people are left out disappointed. We have 3 or 4 venues now hosting something like this every weekend, Thuishaven in Amsterdam and some Beachclubs...that's it for just about the entire country so tickets are gone in seconds and secondhand market prices are going through the roof.

Hearing no indoor clubs till November 1st? Jesus, i take it no ADE aswell?
It's a strange situation.
Government has said 'festivals and events' can go on from September 20th....but nightclubs have to stay closed till November 1st.
I'm pretty sure with nightclubs they mean places like Gashouder and other 'event halls' too...but Awakenings and Dockyard has said they interpret this rule as they can go on with preparations and ticket sales for their ADE events.
If you'd ask me, I would not count on ADE or only outdoor events (quite unlikely with the weather here in October).

It's a strange situation.
Government has said 'festivals and events' can go on from September 20th....but nightclubs have to stay closed till November 1st.
I'm pretty sure with nightclubs they mean places like Gashouder and other 'event halls' too...but Awakenings and Dockyard has said they interpret this rule as they can go on with preparations and ticket sales for their ADE events.
If you'd ask me, I would not count on ADE or only outdoor events (quite unlikely with the weather here in October).
That's ridiculous. The vaccine uptake in the Netherlands has been decent. Embarrassing all-round.

ADE was always something i would look forward to.

Elrow Island Croatia line up complete.
Jamie Jones, Marco Carola, Eats Everything, Folamour, Vintage Culture as headliners.

Back