European Festivals

View attachment 11351

They made the announcement yesterday that they're planning to go ahead with the State of Trance 1000 festival in the Netherlands in September, based on discussions with government on when big events should be able to happen there.

I'm trying to be hopeful, but there's so much that needs to go right over the next 6-7 months for a big event like this to actually happen (all the more for me since it would be a trip from the US). ??
I would not plan a trip from the US to The Netherlands for this.

The fact that they are planning to go ahead with the festival is because the Dutch government covers the refunds for a number of events taking place after July 1st. Most Dutch people see this as a sweetener to keep the industry alive and for organizer to be able to plan ahead. Seeing those events actually take place is another thing. If the event gets cancelled, all costs the organizers made are covered.

Outdoor events august / september are way more likely to actually happen.

https://fielddayfestivals.com/

Great location and line up as a warm up for ibiza
Gutted they changed the dates though, same weekend as possesion now 😒

I would not plan a trip from the US to The Netherlands for this.

The fact that they are planning to go ahead with the festival is because the Dutch government covers the refunds for a number of events taking place after July 1st. Most Dutch people see this as a sweetener to keep the industry alive and for organizer to be able to plan ahead. Seeing those events actually take place is another thing. If the event gets cancelled, all costs the organizers made are covered.

Outdoor events august / september are way more likely to actually happen.
Yep, I've read about the support from the Netherlands gov't, and I know it's far from certain that ASOT will go ahead on these dates. OTOH, I just got my first Pfizer jab yesterday -- a lot sooner than I expected -- so I'm feeling pretty giddy with optimism about the future.

Plus, there's not a lot of "risk" in planning a trip these days with most travel being refundable or at least easily changeable. And I'd much rather have plans made so I can be there if it happens, rather than hold off and not be able to get the flights, hotels, or time off when I need it and have to miss out. After Covid has cancelled my plans for a year, I'm definitely not going to let myself miss out on anything in 2021 as a result of things I can control.

tomorrowland moving from mid july to September (and last August weekend), Coachella now rumoured even to move from October to April 2022 (!!). not looking good :/

ADE announcements have started, Circoloco have thrown them selves in the mix with a date for it 16th October

There will be so much hopefully going on at the end of the year, everyone will be spoilt for choice, lots of events October time

Wouldn’t be high up my list but our group have ended up with tickets for the Solid Grooves thing in July. Good to have something in the diary as a group I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️ I see Fuse are doing an event at Three Mills Island to. Anything else ?

sunwaves - normally happening in romania - doing a special zanzibar edition from 17th to 21st june

Curious to see if Nature One is going to be cancelled... Germany are still in a lockdown I believe.

Back