European Festivals

that time of year where i start anticipating festies i’ll never attend

whoa.. 200 bucks for ‘we out here’. Any chance of a guestie @Marts73 !

kala looks gorgeous too and love international

that time of year where i start anticipating festies i’ll never attend

whoa.. 200 bucks for ‘we out here’. Any chance of a guestie @Marts73 !

kala looks gorgeous too and love international
I would if I could but we aren’t going this year. It’s changed location and I think our summer might be about getting used to using a Motorhome 🤞

Although, we are going to this. Crazy P just announced they’ll be playing a beach party 4 minutes up the road from where we are staying!

Attachments

• E61C17D6-A3E0-4FD4-96F6-F605AEFB0121.jpeg
    E61C17D6-A3E0-4FD4-96F6-F605AEFB0121.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 13
Although, we are going to this. Crazy P just announced they’ll be playing a beach party 4 minutes up the road from where we are staying!

no way! Faith get about. They did something in India a few weeks back!

i’d be tempted to get a train down but have my brighton pals visting that week

I generally really enjoyed it last year. More a social than a mindblowing full on festie. A reunion of sorts - many old faces (a few new ones), very liberal/Brighton, slightly but not too alt, good fun in a field and woodland, a couple of marquees offering a choice of DJs, hours of balearic and Wild Pitch/Nu Groove tunes I'd never heard, some excellent homemade curries and noodles and a whole load of naughtiness after dark. No aggro or steroid-fuelled security divs trying to kill the buzz. I can't say for sure whether I'll be able to make it back this time but very tempted if the stars align.

Yeah would like to try and make it over…falls on weekend of my wife’s 40th this year by the looks of it so might be a hard sell!

Treat her in style. Get a yurt. Pray it doesn't piss down. And deal with the fallout later.

My other half has an enduring aversion to festival toilets so similarly might need supernatural powers of persuasion..

I generally really enjoyed it last year. More a social than a mindblowing full on festie. A reunion of sorts - many old faces (a few new ones), very liberal/Brighton, slightly but not too alt, good fun in a field and woodland, a couple of marquees offering a choice of DJs, hours of balearic and Wild Pitch/Nu Groove tunes I'd never heard, some excellent homemade curries and noodles and a whole load of naughtiness after dark. No aggro or steroid-fuelled security divs trying to kill the buzz. I can't say for sure whether I'll be able to make it back this time but very tempted if the stars align.
I’ve been meaning to go but I think it normally falls on the same weekend as Standon Calling. One of our old mates from Big Chill days is involved with 1BTN and is part of the festival. Would love to go.

I’ve been meaning to go but I think it normally falls on the same weekend as Standon Calling. One of our old mates from Big Chill days is involved with 1BTN and is part of the festival. Would love to go.

Ethos is similar to the big chill but on a far smaller scale. I think all the indie/boutique festies watched with horror what happened to the BC when Pete Lawrence got bought out - a real textbook case study in how destroy a brand - and it suddenly went from being weird, cosy and wonderful one year to Jessie J and Kanye West on stage the next.. So obviously you have to keep numbers down and try not to get the bean counters involved. And 1BTN are defiantly uncommercial and fighting for their lives in a tough economic climate.

Hey French people, any good festivals or big parties over the summer in Paris? Preferably one day - festivals. I have a flight that I can't cancel but the original plan fell through, thinking of moving the flight to a good party :)

Back