European Cup

grego

been a while since we had one of these......

can't wait for the game tonight, don't think los merengues can be as poor as they were in the first leg and we're short on numbers.

4 english clubs through to the next round??

All nicely balanced too.

I prefer the champ league when the group stages are over.

I would not like to try and call any of the ties to be honest.

All 4 English teams should go through.... but I have a feeling there'll be at least one shock (hopefully not in Turin!)

I don't think they will all go through myself.

Can't say who as they are all so close.

Man U is the dodgy one. Inter only need to score once and then Utd have to get 2. Mind you haven't Inter got 2 defenders out?

However beware Zlatan.

If anyone has Fergie's number, it's Jose... The Portugeezer has a great record against Man U

If anyone has Fergie's number, it's Jose... The Portugeezer has a great record against Man U

I funkin hope so. Nothing would give more pleasure than to see whiskey nose and manure dumped out by Jose :lol: I think half of the red scum supporters think the CL is a given. And with it possibly being Whiskey's retirement year, it'd be great if his possible replacement got the better off him 8)

Though it would be nice for 4 premiership teams to go through :spank: much to the annoyance of Seb 'theres too many foreigners in the english game Bleater :spank:

Blatter and Platini both, the big whiners.

I'm of 2 minds about Man U. I'd love to see Jose knock them out again. On the other hand, I want a finals rematch! :lol:

I want Man U to win everything even Eurovision.

I have rather annoying Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal (and Tottenham but who cares about them??) mates and Fergie prancing around all red in the mooey would get right up their noses!

Mind you I would not lose too much sleep if they lost.

Blatter and Platini both, the big whiners.

I'm of 2 minds about Man U. I'd love to see Jose knock them out again. On the other hand, I want a finals rematch! :lol:

The only time Platini came out with some sense is when he wanted to scrap champ league and bring back the old knockout format.

The big clubs then had a bit of the old squeaky bum time.

Needless to say money talks and that will never happen.

Also how can Michelle moan about English clubs having money and buying all the best players when this is exactly what the Italian and Spanish clubs have done since the 60s!!! Bleeding French.

The only time Platini came out with some sense is when he wanted to scrap champ league and bring back the old knockout format.

The big clubs then had a bit of the old squeaky bum time.

Needless to say money talks and that will never happen.

Also how can Michelle moan about English clubs having money and buying all the best players when this is exactly what the Italian and Spanish clubs have done since the 60s!!! Bleeding French.

platini gets a hard time, at least he is a football man.

you can't compare 60s or 70 or 80s italian and spanish football to what is going on in the premier today. it has gone to another level (freak me;)) in the last few years, to the extent that a barcelona first team regular like luis garcia left his 10k a week in cataluña to go to anfield for 50k in 2004.

the very best get the most wherever, it's when you have the likes or john riise earning 70k+ a week that you see the difference in the money in the leagues.

i personally hate seeing other english clubs doing well. why on earth would i want man u or chelsea to win the european cup

I agree with your last statement. Last time I cheered on an English team in Europe it was Man U in the final last year. Sorry Morbs.

However look at what Real Madrid spent a few years back, no one complained about that. Everyone just creamed about the Gallaticos yet once they let old Claude go the demise started.

However look at what Real Madrid spent a few years back, no one complained about that. Everyone just creamed about the Gallaticos yet once they let old Claude go the demise started.
Ah, Claude... They really didn't understand how important he was at Real until he'd moved on to a happier place :lol: We miss him now too...

hope Liverpool beat Madrid although a part of me would love to see a Barca Madrid final

obv, expect Barca to deliver against Lyons

would love to see manure and Chel$ea eliminated - sadly unlikely

Just applied for the CL Final ticket lottery 8)

so did I.. dont think i'll ever win it again after 2006 ;)

cheapest tickets 90 euros though :eek:

Regarding tonight. Real Have to play better than 2 weeks ago, but Liverpool should still make it through. I think one of Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal will go out, got a feeling it'll be Arsenal.

Barca should do it tomorrow, Iniesta back in team is huge for us right now.

ll interesting thoughts, well mostly!
Manu, i dont think the team deserves back2back champions leagues!
All this talk of them doing the quadruple, i know its possible, but come on, its only march! Bit cocky imho!
Liverpool, really not a fan of Rafa!
Chelski, look loads better under Huddink, and will be a better team with Essien playing!
The Arse, hope they win tonight, then go out in the next, more games the better & Villa pip them for 4th!

Back