European Cup

Whoever the little lad in midfield for Juventus was looked a good player.

As for the Munich game. Think we could have got a team up from this site who would have put up more off a resistance than Lisbon.
You mean the kid they brought on as a sub? Geovinco or something like that. Tiny little guy but he's definitely one to watch. Struck a bit of terror into our defense when he got the ball. Skills and speed. I was impressed.

Sporting were just hopeless. 12-1 agr. Biggest margin in CL history, they said. Gotta wonder how they made it past the group phase!

what a performance, awesome. like ferd says though, we need to produce that more often.

torres was smokin.........and there can't be anyone who hasn't realised what a legend of football iker casillas is.

ferd, i promise to pay swop shop on the tickets. :)

what a performance, awesome. like ferd says though, we need to produce that more often.

torres was smokin.........and there can't be anyone who hasn't realised what a legend of football iker casillas is.

Saint Iker as he is known is a fantastic keeper. My mate just thinks he is the luckiest keeper ever. Nothing to do with luck, just a brilliant keeper.

Casillas and Ramos are the only players Real have which I would consider top class. The rest are good enough to plod along and win games in domestic league, but not when you meet the best in europe.

No doubt Florentino will now win the next presidential elections and bring Ronaldo, Cesc, Kaka, or something of that stature.

Grego i know you'd be happy to play swop shop, but even id feel guilty if i dont win the tickets and you do, and you sell me them at face value knowing you couldve got much more if you sold it to someone else on ebay.

Anyway today Barca need to return to their best form tonight. Looks like us and Bayern might be the only teams to compete with the english this year.

_45554641_torres_getty416.jpg

I think this might now be the start of this guys season, if he can stay injury free, along with Gerrard, then we could be seeing a 6th come to Anfield. 8)

Also if we do manure on saturday, and Arsenal mange a result, the league could be blow wide open :lol:

well then liam agrees with me then!!

the pinnacle of sport should be the fans of the clubs in the final. it is bad enough already with the uefa cronies and their sponsors, at least as fans we could up our side of doing the right thing.

but come on, liverpool, the european cup and rome..........those 3 just sit so easily with each other. ;)

Here here !! The last two finals we reached it was an absolute farce :spank:

4-0.. what a pasting!!!

well done Liverpool, truly wiped the floor tonight. Finally showed Real Madrid for what they are, a very mediocre team.
Still, full credit to Liverpool, if they played like that all games they wouldnt be 7 points behind Utd.

Liam, you sure on that idea for CL tickets?? If you win them but Liverpool dont make it you could probably sell them for £1k each or so.. You sure you want to sell them to us at face value?!!

I did realise that justa after pressing enter. But f*** it, the same goes for you guys if we make it ;) And see response to buckers below ;)

An amazing performance again in europe by the redmen, if it wasnt for Casillas it could have been 6 or 7 :lol:

No need for ticket lottery here! All sorted already8)

I might be ok also. Heard of a client yesterday who reckons it shouldnt be a problem. Then if i get the lottery also, happy days 8) :lol:

Funny tidbit from Giles Smith's column for the CFC website:

Culinary issues aside, this was an important trip to make, in every sense - one for which the bag all but packed itself. For, looked at realistically, even though it was only a tie in the round of 16, it was potentially the last guaranteed opportunity of the season to watch Chelsea play a proper European away fixture.

It's those other English clubs' fault. Assuming Manchester United and Arsenal join Liverpool in the last eight - by no means a safe assumption, but let's assume anyway - then we could easily go all the way from here to the end of the competition in May without seeing another non-English team.
Obviously, there will be our obligatory semi-final with Liverpool. That's written into the founding charter of the Champions League. A semi-final meeting between Chelsea and Liverpool simply has to happen, or the contest is rendered null and void. :)lol:)

But by then we could have met Manchester United in the quarter-finals, and later, if things pan out accordingly, we could end up going all the way to Rome in order to play Arsenal - which would seem an awful lot of trouble and expense to go to when, normally, you can just hop on the Victoria line.

not where i come from son...

You're not biting hard for me to continue Gregasauras. Well played.

*removes 'we're gonna need another boat Mr Hooper' image from clipboard.*

Should I acquire a ticket I will sell to you sans Buckley tax!

Barca's first half last night was outstanding. Best 45 mins of football i've seen in long time.

Bring on Liverpool and Man utd.. :twisted:
they've both knocked us out of the last two cL's, we want revenge ;)

Back