Euro 2008

It's hard to look beyond Germany as regards winning it, but Spain will give them a good run for their money, i think it'll be a Spain v Germany final.
I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Four big differences that give Russia an even chance of making the final:
1. Confidence. The youngest team in the tournament should be over their nerves by now after some great performances.
2. Familiarity. They know what to expect from Spain after playing them in the opener. Plus there's a revenge factor.
3. Conditioning. More time to rest and a squad that's in great physical shape. And, as noted above, a comparatively young team.
4. One word: Arshavin (didn't play against Spain last time)

Well Spain win on penalties so justice was done, probably the worst game in the entire tournament thanks to the negative Italian style of play, they looked as if they were playing for penalties all throughout the game,dreadful.

It's hard to look beyond Germany as regards winning it, but Spain will give them a good run for their money, i think it'll be a Spain v Germany final.

i thought you were gonna "lend your support" to spain. :rolleyes:

Well all i can say is AT LAST!!!

So many times in quarter finals we fail due to many different reasons.. it´s about time we did it. Awful game for the nuetral I imagine, but believe me I was as tense as ever.

Thought we just about deserved it, we didnt risk too much but more than thre Iti´s.
Senna was immense in centre of midfield, and Puyol was class at the back. Our front men didnt have they´re best night, but I guess they cant be at their best every game.

As for Russia.. its going to be very close. Will be such a different game to yesterday, ie Russia wont be as defensive which will suit us more. Arshavin will be a massive danger, but at the same time I think Torres and Villa will get chances again.

Well all i can say is AT LAST!!!

So many times in quarter finals we fail due to many different reasons.. it´s about time we did it. Awful game for the nuetral I imagine, but believe me I was as tense as ever.

Thought we just about deserved it, we didnt risk too much but more than thre Iti´s.
Senna was immense in centre of midfield, and Puyol was class at the back. Our front men didnt have they´re best night, but I guess they cant be at their best every game.

As for Russia.. its going to be very close. Will be such a different game to yesterday, ie Russia wont be as defensive which will suit us more. Arshavin will be a massive danger, but at the same time I think Torres and Villa will get chances again.

Your qtr should be an entertaining encounter, cant see either side trying to strangle the game like the Italians did.

where you watching the semi? might pop into town and soak up the atmosphere! 8)

delighted Spain got through as it should be special on thursday when i arrive in Girona, watching that game

hopefully, they get to the final (and win too) for some mega-fiesta on sunday!!! :lol:

The most worrying thing about the spain italy game is the commentary isn't it about tie john motosn retired.senile old twat:evil:

The most worrying thing about the spain italy game is the commentary isn't it about tie john motosn retired.senile old twat:evil:

Not if it means we get Clive Tyldsley or screaming Jonathan Pearce or worse still....Jacqui Oatley!

I'm out here at the moment and its way better to have a beer or two and watch the game on silent in a bar. I've had my fill of Motty too!

Looking forward to the 2 semis this week - I'll be back in Blighty for the final tho ;-(

delighted Spain got through as it should be special on thursday when i arrive in Girona, watching that game

hopefully, they get to the final (and win too) for some mega-fiesta on sunday!!! :lol:

Girona might not be the most "spanish" of cities, but I hope there's still some national pride. I know in cities like Madrid and Valencia they were parting till late into the night.

Im getting nervous about thursday already..:confused:

Anyone watching Germany v Turkey? (and messing around online during the break :lol:)

What a match! The Turks are all over the Germans. Should be a couple goals up by now but Lehman's made 6 saves already (I think the Turkish goalkeeper has made maybe one!)

Level 1-1 now... I think the Turks will run out of steam seeing as they don't really have any decent players left to substitute :confused: Still, I find myself instinctively rooting for the underdogs...

Oh, and I found out today I'm going to Vienna tomorrow :D :D :D (sorry Ferd... hope Russia win!)

anyone got a spare EURO for the meter?

rumours have it Mottys been struck by lightning, and has been sent back to the future in his time travelling sheepskin.

Well, I assume the match is over now... we've got no picture. 3rd time in the second half the signal from Basel has dropped off. They're saying here it's due to bad weather somewhere in Switzerland. I tried to get the Chinese on the Internet and they had no game either :(

So looks like the Germans made it through 3-2... not an especially deserved win, if you ask me!

Dam weather, missed one of ther goals:evil:

Very unlucky Turkey they deserved to go through against an average German side who somehow have again managed to get to the final.

Spain or Russia wil win it, hopefully Spain will do the business, at least they try and play good football.

Back