Erick Morillo

my take is this...

*IF* it turns out that it was suicide...(unconfirmed still, but lots of people think it was) then:

when he had done ket rehab he went public afterwards, he wanted to come fully clean. now, if he had wanted to come clean with the rape story, I truly think he'd been there for the trial and uphold his end of the story.

if it's suicide then I personally truly think the case is pretty clear.

shame it ended that way, also because the other person will never see justice, whichever way it would have gone
I fully agree with you that this is incredibly harsh for the other person.

If it's suicide..it's clear that he felt there was no other way out. There will always be aspects of the situation we will never know about. But yeah he must have felt some level of guilt. We will never know now, unless there is a letter or something like that.

my take is this...

*IF* it turns out that it was suicide...(unconfirmed still, but lots of people think it was) then:

when he had done ket rehab he went public afterwards, he wanted to come fully clean. now, if he had wanted to come clean with the rape story, I truly think he'd been there for the trial and uphold his end of the story.

if it's suicide then I personally truly think the case is pretty clear.

shame it ended that way, also because the other person will never see justice, whichever way it would have gone
All the stuff I heard in the early to mid 2000s, from people I knew and trusted, the fact he denied having sex with his accuser and that was proved a lie, I know what the most likely truth is. A well known promoter posted on Facebook that his mate told him she'd woken up with Morillo naked on top of her, but as she'd laughed it off he didn't pursue it.

The ladies man promo was always code for sex pest.

All the stuff I heard in the early to mid 2000s, from people I knew and trusted, the fact he denied having sex with his accuser and that was proved a lie, I know what the most likely truth is. A well known promoter posted on Facebook that his mate told him she'd woken up with Morillo naked on top of her, but as she'd laughed it off he didn't pursue it.

The ladies man promo was always code for sex pest.

yeah sadly there are numerous voices within the industry who say similar things

Gazza is another one of many sportsmen who seem to get a by-ball for bad behaviour

It is fair to say he gets some slack. Same as George Best with the liver transplant going off topic. Neither anywhere near as bad as the allegations against Erick though.

A friend (girl) of us who has worked in the night industry in ibiza had only bad comments about him.

A friend (girl) of us who has worked in the night industry in ibiza had only bad comments about him.

Yeah, I'm not for the court of gossip, generally, but the sheer volume of stuff that I heard way back when and more recent things after the rape allegation, people aren't making it up.

I’m waiting for a Coroners’ Court result before I pass comment ?
Whether he killed himself or not does not mean he is guilty (even if I or other people think he is)

That kind of accusation always sticks with you and if he was going to jail he probably couldn't handle it and he knew this may impact his career

57,600 rapes recorded in the UK in 2018, only 3.8% resulted in a prosecution or summons. The figures for 2019 are only 1.7% of cases. And that's the incidents that were reported!
Having been a victim himself he should have know better or sought professional help, easier said then done understandably. Either way as said above if it was your friend, your wife, your daughter feelings would be different.
Let's not forget the lady who bravely reported the allegations. This has probably destroyed her DJ career and with the latest it will probably never recover. That and having to deal with the trauma of the event and aftermath.
Yes not every reported allegation is true of cause, and if false can definitely ruin lifes. But given the communications going around, it's not looking great!
He may have had many followers that loved his music and his DJ sets, but in the end he was just a man, a man with choices.

Sadly this doesn't exist in the minds of many.

The cornerstone of most justice systems in the world.

RIP Erick.

You know he said he hadn't had sex with her? But his DNA was proved to be inside her? And that she woke up with him naked standing over her?

It's no wonder women so rarely report these things when there's apologists lining up to call them liars. What do you get out of this? I genuinely don't know.

You know he said he hadn't had sex with her? But his DNA was proved to be inside her? And that she woke up with him naked standing over her?

It's no wonder women so rarely report these things when there's apologists lining up to call them liars. What do you get out of this? I genuinely don't know.

Excuse me? where about's I have accused someone of lying? Its called the right to a fair trial.

Where is this information you speak off re DNA?

Excuse me? where about's I have accused someone of lying? Its called the right to a fair trial.

Where is this information you speak off re DNA?

If you google Eric Morillo arrest you'll find every single report tells you he said they didn't have sex, but the 'rape kit' proved otherwise. He lied, she didn't.

I'd draw a line under the thread....

Obviously a split of opinions and like anything, you could be here all week...

Great Dj and Producer to some.

An unsavoury character who's a threat to women for others...

Unfortunately we'll probably never know the whole story now........

For us at least on a public forum. Maybe time to move on...

I'd draw a line under the thread....

Obviously a split of opinions and like anything, you could be here all week...

Great Dj and Producer to some.

An unsavoury character who's a threat to women for others...

Unfortunately we'll probably never know the whole story now........

For us at least on a public forum. Maybe time to move on...

People are complicated.

Back