Drugs

He was speaking specifically about the founder of AA's interest in using LSD
Fair does, that is interesting, as I thought AA thought all drugs were bad and all lead to alcohol, although I think potentially weed wouldn't, depending on the individual, my personal opinion. I do think for sure, people within the AA group would say attend meetings, rather then drop acid. Think your referencing to rerestarting the reason why people drink in the first place, think they might be right, think all trips give us answers, its just whether we are ready or want to take on board what they say.

I'm not a religious person in the slightest, infact I hate religion, but let me tell you that when reflecting on a dmt breakthrough experience that the most plausible reason for what you see/experience is that there there is some type of greater power, or a creator of some sort.

The mind is a very powerful thing, for good and ill. Once you interfere with the self-regulation aspects it is capable of a great deal more than most imagine. This can be unlocked through trauma, drugs and in certain other circumstances.

There's been enough brain-imaging done of people on psilocybin, etc to understand what's happening physically in the brain to produce these powerful subjective experiences.

I think a better term then 'the higher power' is mother nature, trips make us start to realise that she has the power, not any of us, we are just a speck of sand on a beach

The mind is a very powerful thing, for good and ill. Once you interfere with the self-regulation aspects it is capable of a great deal more than most imagine. This can be unlocked through trauma, drugs and in certain other circumstances.
Thats an interesting choice of word, self regulation, another word could be conditioning, which happens when we go to school as a kid, pay our bills and generally do what soceity expects us to. Trips in the right hands, the right circumtances and with the right people remind us theres more to live then that,

Have heard of coke been called the power

The power to beggar and enslave a person's confidence and self-esteem,, and inflate it to arrogance at irs will !

Thats an interesting choice of word, self regulation, another word could be conditioning, which happens when we go to school as a kid, pay our bills and generally do what soceity expects us to. Trips in the right hands, the right circumtances and with the right people remind us theres more to live then that,

Yeah, the problem is that for society to function in a co-ordinated way it's necessary to put at least a paper bag around free will and cosmic revelations. If we had a world entirely consisting of philosophers and thinkers nothing would get done !! :lol:

When I say power and coke, I mean really strong coke, not bashed to bits. I guess all drugs have there place, even coke. Just when it's comes to stimulants, folk get into a habit of chasing the high. If folk could maybe do a line or two after their dinner on a night time, wouldn't it be alot more civilised? Rather then cramping as much power as is humanly possible on a weekend?

When I say power and coke, I mean really strong coke, not bashed to bits. I guess all drugs have there place, even coke. Just when it's comes to stimulants, folk get into a habit of chasing the high. If folk could maybe do a line or two after their dinner on a night time, wouldn't it be alot more civilised? Rather then cramping as much power as is humanly possible on a weekend?

🤣

I feel worse about myself with each post in this thread:lol:
Theres a reason I dont do coke regualry, because I would be one always chasing the high. But the one or two lines once a day is possible. Know a guy in Scotland who does that. He is disciplined with it, far better then I would be with it. Yet he hardly drinks any booze and doesnt smoke

Back