Drugs

sad story behind the slang...

for those who don't know Gary Ablett was a local lad who played professionally for liverpool and Everton in the 1990s, winning trophies with both teams. a proper local legend loved by reds and blues.

sadly gary passed away a couple of years ago through cancer.

RIP Abbo.

Always thought this was the link, as I’ve only ever really heard people from the Liverpool area call them Gary’s.

Known as ‘Cowies’ round the north east. Something to do with the way cows chew grass with a gaunt look on their face. I’ve never liked this name for them.

Used the get up to Glasgow a lot when I was younger, preferred calling them ‘Eckies’ or ‘nummers’ Lol

Last year when the Ikea pencils were popular, the name ‘pencils’ just stuck with me and my mates and we call them pencils all the time now because no one has really got a clue what we are talking about lol.

I always have a little chuckle to
myself when anyone mentions Ikea, or if I drive past it on the A1 lol.

Can even use the little pencil emoji on whatsapp lol

Ye
If you don't do it too often, you can still get a decent buzz - but set and setting is a huge part of it. If you're in the right place with the right people and the right music, it can still feel magical. Just taking a bigger dose isn't the answer. But I never really get the rushes I got when I started back in 2002, which could be some sort of tolerance or it could be down to the fact that MDMA is made differently these days. Also I tend to drink more beforehand which can dull elements of the MD high a bit.
Yeah I started about the same time (2002ish) and the rushes were mad and well more loved up!! Still f***in awesome now but defo different, don’t seem to completely forget wot I’m saying mid sentence like we all used to back then

Last year when the Ikea pencils were popular, the name ‘pencils’ just stuck with me and my mates and we call them pencils all the time now because no one has really got a clue what we are talking about lol.

My sister is quite disparaging of drug use. A good few years back there were Harry Potter pills going around, so her thing for a while was to ask me if I was on the Harry Potters. :rolleyes:

Any of you lot who do MDMA on a regular basis ever feel like it’s lost it’s ‘magic.’ I started doing pills about seven years ago and haven’t ever really hammered it, maybe 5 times a year on average since then. Recently I do just feel like it’s not quite the same... takes me ages to come up, like a couple of hours and then I feel pretty good, but never really get to that amazing place of pure bliss that I used to. After effects seem to get worse as well, particularly mentally with brain fog, insomnia for a couple of nights after and low mood. Same for anybody else?

It's definitely changed for me too. When I was doing them 10 years ago, I would get rushes, forget what I was saying mid sentence, and was really quite messy.

I did a few years of not really doing it at all - apart from the occasional festival, but even so, nowadays I just completely handle myself on M or pills. I never get messy anymore, even if I've dosed high. I guess with some practice, you know what to expect so you're less overcome by the effects? No idea.
But tbh I'm quite pleased, I shudder at some of the states I used to get in!

Nowadays I dose the smallest amount I can get away with. Went to Carl Cox on Friday night and had one dab about an hour before he was due to come on. I usually get about 1.5 hours of peak high, then I come down pretty quick after that. Do wish it lasted longer for me :(

I find the high doesn’t last that long with the pills or mdma that’s about these days. I get a heavy come up then about 1.5 hours of peak until I start coming down feeling sleepy and heavy.

Does anyone else feel that pills from the last few years just zap your energy ?

Last edited:
Always thought this was the link, as I’ve only ever really heard people from the Liverpool area call them Gary’s.

Known as ‘Cowies’ round the north east. Something to do with the way cows chew grass with a gaunt look on their face. I’ve never liked this name for them.

Used the get up to Glasgow a lot when I was younger, preferred calling them ‘Eckies’ or ‘nummers’ Lol

I always have a little chuckle to
myself when anyone mentions Ikea, or if I drive past it on the A1 lol.

Can even use the little pencil emoji on whatsapp lol

Cowies...cannot beat it

Usually referred to as "yokes" or "bumblebees" where I'm from. Example: "have you got any yokes?" Or "do you want any yokes." Pronounced the same as yolks as in egg yolks.

Back