Drugs

Upping the dose to me usually means just more negative side effects. Taking a break for a bit seems the only reasonable solution...
Yeah agreed, 2 nights tops for me now, I have a mate that still mad for it 3 nights straight and he’s necking 5 or 6 by night 3 chasing a high that’s never gonna come and he’s an absolute nightmare to be around the next day 😂

Laughing Gas categorised as class C by the end of the year
More bullshit. 100% agree something needs to be done about the littering around NOS use, which is ridiculous but this is not led by health or science.

The government's crime and policing minister Chris Philp said: "There is no question that abusing laughing gas is dangerous to people's health and it is paramount we take decisive action before the situation gets worse."
Whilst every expert warns them against criminalising because of the low levels of harm.

More bullshit. 100% agree something needs to be done about the littering around NOS use, which is ridiculous but this is not led by health or science.

The government's crime and policing minister Chris Philp said: "There is no question that abusing laughing gas is dangerous to people's health and it is paramount we take decisive action before the situation gets worse."
Whilst every expert warns them against criminalising because of the low levels of harm.
Generally pro individual choice, but the littering is so bad I hope the ban improves it.

Lots of kids ending up criminal records for nothing though

Last edited:
Generally pro individual choice, but the littering is so ban I hope the ban improves it.

Lots of kids ending up criminal records for nothing though
Nobody got a criminal record for meow meow when it was banned. Just went back to pills and coke.

Nobody got a criminal record for meow meow when it was banned. Just went back to pills and coke.

I guess the difference is that kids have been sitting in the High Street doing balloons very visibly, at least where I live, so when the law changes, some of them will carry on and get nicked?

Indeed. And one might well ask what about alcohol, when it is associated with many more deaths and illnesses. How much government time is spent on alcohol strategy? Waffle and distraction as usual.

I'm all for decriminalisation but the amount of people doing relentless NOS over a short period of time are harming themselves. There's been a lot in the news around those ending up with nerve damage/in a wheelchair due to the sheer amount they do in one sitting. It's also easy to obtain so I guess they need to do something to try put them off. It's very antisocial walking down a high street with groups of kids doing balloons...

Of course we all know it won't work, govt just showing they're doing 'something' about it. Don't forget there's a general election looming 👀😂

Ps if you haven't watched Painkiller on Netflix give it a go, shows how corrupt the 'legal' drugs business is

Seems kids are taking drugs in a really different way nowadays. Not a lot of empathy now and a lot more aggression. I support a tougher police stance there tbh. Before I get accused of hypocrisy, yes my group also partook in all sorts at the weekend but in a friendly atmosphere. It's tough for liberal legislators because they know responsible adult partakers are a different breed to younger adults on rampage, but you can't apply different laws to different adults... which is the main reason prohibition is here to stay

Seems kids are taking drugs in a really different way nowadays. Not a lot of empathy now and a lot more aggression. I support a tougher police stance there tbh. Before I get accused of hypocrisy, yes my group also partook in all sorts at the weekend but in a friendly atmosphere. It's tough for liberal legislators because they know responsible adult partakers are a different breed to younger adults on rampage, but you can't apply different laws to different adults... which is the main reason prohibition is here to stay
What do you mean by a lot more aggression? What are kids doing differently to other generations?

That point aside, the littering is an absolute nuisance and needs addressing, but do we really think threatening young kids with a criminal record is the answer?

What do you mean by a lot more aggression? What are kids doing differently to other generations?

That point aside, the littering is an absolute nuisance and needs addressing, but do we really think threatening young kids with a criminal record is the answer?

Happy to stand corrected but just seems E isn't the unifying drug it was BITD

Genuinely don't understand ket. Everyone I have ever come across on it just seems totally zoned out- I don't get how that is fun

Yeah it's not exactly a "going out" drug is it, MDMA produces empathy and pro-social feelings, but ket is a dissociative, I know what kind of people I prefer to be around when I'm on a night out.

Though I do understand that kids do it in much smaller bumps than the oldies used to do back in the day, and the effect is somewhat different.

Genuinely don't understand ket. Everyone I have ever come across on it just seems totally zoned out- I don't get how that is fun
Loads of my mates have loved it for 10+ years. Personally not a fan though would have a bump if just chilling somewhere for the day. Defs not when out!

Yeah it's not exactly a "going out" drug is it, MDMA produces empathy and pro-social feelings, but ket is a dissociative, I know what kind of people I prefer to be around when I'm on a night out.

Though I do understand that kids do it in much smaller bumps than the oldies used to do back in the day, and the effect is somewhat different.
Much better put than what I was trying to say

K can be fun if you enjoy the dark side of mental chaos (better at a mate's place than a club) but still wary of going down the acid route. You're challenging your nerve system and have to get the right measure to avoid plunging into terror. Obv the music helps/hinders depending on how moody it is. Not done it for 8 years now following a bad incident in Seven Sisters but could be tempted again in right situation

Back