----- Drink Prices Thread 2013 -----

And this is exactly the reason I have decided to drive to amnesia opening in June and spend the day dancing without even thinking about spanking 300e on getting drunk throughout the day. Tossers!

yeah I paid 23 euros for bacardi and coke upstairs at Amnesia, 18 downstairs. Red Bull Vodka was 23 euros downstairs. I've never given thought to not buying a drink due to the pricing but $31.50 US for 1 drink is ridiculous!!!

^^
clap.gif

Trouble is that they know a huge % of people in clubs are completely f****d especially if they're not out every night and there for a week or so. It gets to the stage with many people that they stop really counting or throw all their best resolutions to the wind after queueing at a bar.... and they can't be bothered to argue. Classic case of lambs to the cash slaughterhouse. Once you've spent 100Euros on entry and a drink or two another 20 doesn't seem like so much of a % more on the cost of your night. Once you've spent 200Euros it seems even less !

In the case of both Pacha & Amnesia, if drinking, when I've been weighing up whether to go to a night I'm not falling over myself to attend (i.e. most of them !) the fact I know I'm in for 23-25Euros a drink rather than say 16Euros somewhere else is enough of a difference to dissuade me from going at all. It adds up to about 40-50 Euros a night more expensive for me - and that's enough to make me think twice before going.

On my last few visits to Amnesia ive noticed the barmaids are BITCHES!! I was paying 18e for Vodka Lemonade and they wouldn't give me my change. They would show me the change and then say tip for me, then f*** off to the other end of the bar. Now I know its only 2e (sometime) but when ive paid over 60e to get in the place and then 18e a drink, and I must go through at least ten then I don't think I should tip especially when ive been stood there for over 15 minutes and been constantly ignored while serving people who walk straight over!

I normally tip everywhere I go put when they just take it/expect it they can piss off!!

I also noticed they always hide some of your change under the receipt on the little plate. You normally grab what you can see and walk off, leaving the barmaids with a nice little earner... and sometimes its up to 10e under the receipt!!

Yeah it's not on - a bit too pushy and they're always like that. It's extremely hard for them to short-ring drinks in there.... it's all on CCTV and some computers clock each pour against a till entry. I guess from their side they're probably paid next to nowt and stand there seeing punters spanking that sort of money on drinks all night. It's probably human nature to take one look at that and think that's their only way of topping up the basic ... and unless they're in VIP who is going to want to tip them when you're being shafted so badly on the club take. So it leads to the inevitable pocket-raiding approach. Every aspect of that club feels so money-grabbing for the last few years it does take the edge off it. A lot.

Feels almost like you're in a brothel where you know every minute is being clocked and someone's out to raid your wallet for as much as they can get if you want to stay. To some extent all the big clubs are a bit like that but Amnesia somehow feels like it takes the crown. If you know what to expect and are prepared for it then like everything you enter the deal when you choose to go. But I've met many newer visitors in there who were so taken aback by the prices they couldn't afford to buy a round of drinks. Even serious music lover 1st timers from Bristol with a friend on a birthday treat. When it gets to that stage it doesn't really add up. Relatively speaking above a certain level of pricing even the main floor becomes a place for the privileged minority. That sours things, in particular when you think about whether to go or not.

On my last few visits to Amnesia ive noticed the barmaids are BITCHES!!

Saw a guy pour a RBandV last week for a punter in Amnesia. He poured loads of Vodka, well over half the glass, really generous. DSD thinks to himself "I'll have one of those! After all, its 15 euros for a frickin beer."

What happens? I get the barmaid next to the bartender who pours me well, half the amount. I looked and her in disbelief and shrugged my shoulders, she did the same back. Two drinks (i was with another spotlighter) - 46 euros!!! Who is the mug?

From now on, its 2 beers max in a club.

Last edited:
hmmm, i dont let drink prices discourage me... after all, since i went to ibiza the first time they have always been pretty horrendous.
my tricks are:
-don't drink
-have a couple before (but not too many or you will get the hangover in the club)
-share a drink, often two of us will get one vodka redbull and ask for an extra glass,they almost always put way too much vodka, or whiskey in it for me anyway
-just go for it, and worry about the bank balance when you get back from ibiza (not recommended if your quarterly tax bill is due on return from ibiza... experienced that one... not fun).

Saw a guy order a RBandV last week for a punter in Amnesia. He poured loads of Vodka, well over half the glass, really generous. DSD thinks to himself "I'll have one of those! After all, its 15 euros for a frickin beer."

What happens? I get the barmaid next to the bartender who pours me well, half the amount. I looked and her in disbelief and shrugged my shoulders, she did the same back. Two drinks (i was with another spotlighter) - 46 euros!!! Who is the mug?

From now on, its 2 beers max in a club.

I think the customary gesture is a waving of the hand with finger pointing into said quarter-filled glass with a set of puppy dog eyes and a look of dejection rather than a shrug of the shoulders.... and occasionally your best impression of praying at the altar of the Virgin Mary with a cheeky smile if worst comes to worst. Usually works for me :lol:

Hasten to add I haven't touched Red Bull in 364 days :)eek:) (far too deadly !)... but ... usual Ibiza Club RB&V count used to be at least four. Spreading your risks at least half of them will be biggies :twisted: Biggest measures ever must have been at that Red Bull bar in PDB where I first met you and your good lady. 2/3 of a tall glass of free-poured vodka and a tinny of the real McCoy for about 6 Euros a drink on the 2 for 1. Little wonder it became a no-brainer for pre-Space tipples. Is it still there ?

If you mean Geko then yes. As you well know plenty of bars doing 241 all the time. Clubs however........? :(

Was in bora bora 2 weeks ago and went for a few drinks through the day about 2 or so , I bought a pint and a bottle of corona for €12 but was told the prices go up after 6 what's that all about !!

Yeah but who wants to be there after 6..Usuall very pretty girls making DIY mojito`s very close too BB for 4 euro,on the beach under the trees..

Was in bora bora 2 weeks ago and went for a few drinks through the day about 2 or so , I bought a pint and a bottle of corona for €12 but was told the prices go up after 6 what's that all about !!
Same price later on as well

Yeah but who wants to be there after 6..Usuall very pretty girls making DIY mojito`s very close too BB for 4 euro,on the beach under the trees..
Yea true mate was never there after 6 anyway so didn't matter to me

Back