----- Drink Prices Thread 2013 -----

Cheap in the bars as there is so much competition, sometimes you can play one PR off against another and get them to tempt you in with a better offer.

Last year Eden was cheaper than the big clubs like Amnesia, but still a lot more than the bars...they do have new owners and a new refurbishment this year tho, so it could all have changed.

Smashing. How much were the drinks in Eden? its the only club im planning on going to this year (to see the Judge and Ferry C)

I know at some bars like Tropi in the west end, you can get a pint of vodka and red bull (more vodka than 'bull) for €4. That's how much it was last year anyway!

so assuming an adequate pre-game/pre-drink and getting to a given club at 1am, what would you say the average amount spent on drinks over the night would be for an average guy? 80 EUR?

We do it on €30 pre drinks, if that. But we buy a couple of litre bottles of vodka before we go out. €10 or less for a litre from most of the shops in San An

I usually limit myself to drinks in the clubs due to the prices, so tend to drink more before hand, even though spirit and mixers are expensive in the clubs, they can be quite good value, as opposed to buying a bottle of beer for 10 euros, 15 - 18 euros can get you a spirit and mixer with around 3 shots in, so thats better value

We are planning on pre-drinks and then hitting the bars for food and drinks, and heading to Eden for 2 nights. The idea of a pint of vodka red bull for a few euros is pretty amazing to be honest. If the bar prices are like they are in the uk, then il be a happy boy indeed.

We are planning on pre-drinks and then hitting the bars for food and drinks, and heading to Eden for 2 nights. The idea of a pint of vodka red bull for a few euros is pretty amazing to be honest. If the bar prices are like they are in the uk, then il be a happy boy indeed.

the bars (even the clubs) are very liberal with their Vodka measures, they literally just pour freestyle...so you often end up with what would be a Triple or Quadruple measure at home.

Can't remember the exact prices for Eden and Es Paradis, but about 12Euro's for a Vodka Coke sounds about right.

so assuming an adequate pre-game/pre-drink and getting to a given club at 1am, what would you say the average amount spent on drinks over the night would be for an average guy? 80 EUR?

At Amnesia or Pacha, yes. If you have a spirit-mixer once an hour that'll last you about 4 hours till 5am (20-22Euros @ Amnesia, probably about the same at Pacha but I've seen the latter hit 24Euros for a vodka-redbull a couple of years back on a popular night) so not going overboard but not having to ration unduly. Space and Sankeys are a bit cheaper.

I tend to stay to the end or very close and usually arrive about 3-4am (sometimes later) - and rarely come out of a big club less than than 60Euros down on drinks. If I'm drinking, tanking up and arriving smashed really isn't my preferred way of doing it to be honest but there's a heavy price to pay if you don't want to do that. A steady drip-feed works a load better for me !

^^^ this, Kimajy has summed it up nicely there.

Stay at a "nice" level through the night. Don't go in the clubs half cut then sober up, can't think of anything worse. 3 or 4 drinks during the 2/3am to 6/7am slot is adequate and won't break the bank.

Tip - take a small plastic miniature bottle into da club, filled with your fave spirit concealed about your person :)

Go early and offer the toilet attendant cash for her drink tokens..They get ten each for the night.150euro for ten is the norm..

What sort of search do they give you going in to clubs? Say if you were to have a little miniture bottle in your shorts back pockets are they likely to find it?

On that note what is the policy if they find any medical substances, presumably they bin them and let you in?

My mate is at Ushuaia now and he brought in 8 small jameson whiskeys..He done a couple of weeks ago for Guti somewhere else..

At Amnesia or Pacha, yes. If you have a spirit-mixer once an hour that'll last you about 4 hours till 5am (20-22Euros @ Amnesia, probably about the same at Pacha but I've seen the latter hit 24Euros for a vodka-redbull a couple of years back on a popular night) so not going overboard but not having to ration unduly. Space and Sankeys are a bit cheaper.

I tend to stay to the end or very close and usually arrive about 3-4am (sometimes later) - and rarely come out of a big club less than than 60Euros down on drinks. If I'm drinking, tanking up and arriving smashed really isn't my preferred way of doing it to be honest but there's a heavy price to pay if you don't want to do that. A steady drip-feed works a load better for me !

This is what I do too, thought most people do it this way, only differance is I try to get in about 1:00am. I have normally started drinking at about 8:00 pm over dinner. I buy about 1/2 drinks in the clubs that's it! I forgot the time last year once and woke up after a disco napp at 12:00am so couldn't pre drink loads that night I brought 4/5 drinks in the club that night whoops lol.

Sunbed @ Bora Bora - 10euros
Umbrella @ Bora Bora - 10euros
Pint Bottle Magners w/ Ice @ Bora Bora - 10euros
JD & Coke @ Space - 17euros
Water @ Space - 8euros
Water @ Amnesia - Think it was 8euros
Water @ Eden - 8euros again I think
JD & Coke @ Eden - 17/18euros
JD & Coke @ Ushuaia - 16-18 I think
Water @ Ushuaia - Can't remember
JD & Coke @ Sankeys - 16euros
Water @ Sankeys - Was 6euros then later was 8euros.

I didn't buy many drinks in clubs unless it was 1-2 bottle of water. Normally just had 1 drink to top up. Brought own drink to Bora Bora during the day. Brought own drink to Mambo during evening. Drank in apartment while getting ready. Hit the club ~2ish and you should be already drunk after drinking all day. Have 1-2 drinks to keep you topped up but the music and the event will probably keep you buzzing anyway. If on the Jack n Jills you might only spend about 15euros on water for the night. Ibiza doesn't have to be as bad (money wise) as some make it out :)

Amnesia raised their prices midseason!!
as far as I know that's never happened before in ibiza?! the waitress said it was about a month ago. Beer now 13 (was 12), wodka-coke or gin-tonic now 18 (was 16) but the most ridiculous thing is: WODKA BULL now a whopping 23 EUROS!! (was 20)
I can only say please, guys, do not drink wodka bull there anymore. we should send a sign to this moron that 20 is the absolute limit a drink can cost here in ibiza. I for one won't drink redbull-mixers anymore. this is insane!

I dont think drinks prices have changed in Ibiza very much for years now, even 10 years ago the drinks prices were very similar, water has been €6 / €8 since the Euro was introduced, im sure everything went up in price from when it was pesetas.

Amnesia raised their prices midseason!!
as far as I know that's never happened before in ibiza?! the waitress said it was about a month ago. Beer now 13 (was 12), wodka-coke or gin-tonic now 18 (was 16) but the most ridiculous thing is: WODKA BULL now a whopping 23 EUROS!! (was 20)
I can only say please, guys, do not drink wodka bull there anymore. we should send a sign to this moron that 20 is the absolute limit a drink can cost here in ibiza. I for one won't drink redbull-mixers anymore. this is insane!

Yeah they were charging 22Euros on the balcony last August for a voddy-redbull. 2Euros more than downstairs but worth it not to lose 15 minutes fighting your way back & forth ! If it's 23 in the main bar that's pushing Pacha FMIF prices. Was 25Euros for one there in 2010. Pacha & Amnesia have been the worst offenders in recent years by quite a margin. It gets stupid when the numbers swell and the smash-and-grab begins. The realization of just how short a time remains to rake it in before the end of Summer seems to make the greed gremlins go berzerk.

Back