drink prices 2024

There wonā€™t be a minimum spend with that (or not as I recall), youā€™ll get to use an area with sofas but youā€™ll just buy drinks as normal at the VIP bar. If itā€™s free like it was before itā€™s worth doing.
Exactly this, the VIP upgrade being offered on the Red Jules group is not minimum spend/table service, its just access to the VIP area, & pay as you go for drinks

Wait , lot and lot of places are half empty and we are in the high season now !
the season is not good for many sectors this year, and one of the main reasons is obviously the prices! We have to see the results at the end of the season but currently it is far from good! not for everyone either, the party sector on the other hand I don't really know..
I have a small business here and what I hear every day from the majority of people is that Ibiza was expensive and everyone knows it but now it has exceeded that and many will think twice about where to go on vacation next year!
Letā€™s see

Wait , lot and lot of places are half empty and we are in the high season now !
the season is not good for many sectors this year, and one of the main reasons is obviously the prices! We have to see the results at the end of the season but currently it is far from good! not for everyone either, the party sector on the other hand I don't really know..
I have a small business here and what I hear every day from the majority of people is that Ibiza was expensive and everyone knows it but now it has exceeded that and many will think twice about where to go on vacation next year!
Letā€™s see

Sad to hear. I'm in the Costa Brava right now, which is of course a different vibe and demographic to Ibiza...and two different bar owners have said how bad of a season it's been so far with a noticeable lack of Brits about.

Prices must be a big factor, I'd be interested to learn how busy it is in cheaper places like Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco, Croatia etc and whether more are booking out of high season or at all inclusives.

Bet some of these 'tourists go home' banners on places like Tenerife will go missing if trade drops...

Obscene, as usual.
Friend told me of the newest Hi - rip off scheme: There is one bar in the theatre, that is totally accessible for everyone, looks just like any other bar near the dancefloor, but is a ā€žVIP barā€œ. There is no sign saying that, mind you. There theyā€˜ll charge you 3 to 8 Euros more than any other bar, depending on the drink. Waiter just warily points at the drink menu if you ask why suddenly the same drink is more expensive than at the other bar. Of course youā€˜re not checking prices everytime you order somewhere new. Ridiculous!

Sad to hear. I'm in the Costa Brava right now, which is of course a different vibe and demographic to Ibiza...and two different bar owners have said how bad of a season it's been so far with a noticeable lack of Brits about.

Prices must be a big factor, I'd be interested to learn how busy it is in cheaper places like Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco, Croatia etc and whether more are booking out of high season or at all inclusives.

Bet some of these 'tourists go home' banners on places like Tenerife will go missing if trade drops...

old school resorts like Lloret might be different but most of the costa brava copes just fine with visitors from all over Europe. I just spent much of the last month (and every July) in Sant Feliu where the foreign clientele is mostly French and the restaurants were as busy as any other year. I have noticed some inflation on food/drink but nothing too dramatic. Ibiza very much is a case apart

FYI the "tourist go home" stuff is not specifically anti Brit, it's anti-tourist excess in overrun areas (not that you would know reading the Daily Heil :rolleyes:)

old school resorts like Lloret might be different but most of the costa brava copes just fine with visitors from all over Europe. I just spent much of the last month (and every July) in Sant Feliu where the foreign clientele is mostly French and the restaurants were as busy as any other year. I have noticed some inflation on food/drink but nothing too dramatic. Ibiza very much is a case apart

FYI the "tourist go home" stuff is not specifically anti Brit, it's anti-tourist excess in overrun areas (not that you would know reading the Daily Heil :rolleyes:)

All fair points. Not in Lloret as can't face the crowd there it's like a Westend crowd but 20-30 years older with even nosier kids with them šŸ™ƒ

I suspect the British bars abroad culture is on the decline, likely due to these places not being Instagramable and also younger Brits aren't going down the pub as much at home either.

And yes we should take what the British tabloids say with a pinch of salt but millions still read these papers or their websites, and I have read people saying 'if they don't want our business we'll go somewhere else' but where they are going instead is a mystery.

Friend told me of the newest Hi - rip off scheme: There is one bar in the theatre, that is totally accessible for everyone, looks just like any other bar near the dancefloor, but is a ā€žVIP barā€œ. There is no sign saying that, mind you. There theyā€˜ll charge you 3 to 8 Euros more than any other bar, depending on the drink. Waiter just warily points at the drink menu if you ask why suddenly the same drink is more expensive than at the other bar. Of course youā€˜re not checking prices everytime you order somewhere new. Ridiculous!
Itā€™s always been the case that different bars in clubs have different pricesā€¦ridiculous really but nothing new

The one at the front right (if youā€™re looking at DJ) is definitely more expensive. It kinda ā€œlooks VIPā€ but completely accessible, especially if you go through the back of Wild Corner

The one at the front right (if youā€™re looking at DJ) is definitely more expensive. It kinda ā€œlooks VIPā€ but completely accessible, especially if you go through the back of Wild Corner
It depends on the event. At Black Coffee, the area at this bar bar is only accessible to VIPs. Which is a hassle because you either have to push your way through the Wild Corner or across the main floor.

Hi all.
Heading to Playa den Bossa this weekend with my young family. I very much doubt I'll get any night time clubbing in! Just wondered if there was anywhere you guys would recommend for early evening/night, say between 6 and 10pm where there would be some good music and nice cocktails which wouldn't break the bank! Maybe an impossible ask.

Also, are there are bars which would be better than others for going to watch the football?
Thanks!

Hi all.
Heading to Playa den Bossa this weekend with my young family. I very much doubt I'll get any night time clubbing in! Just wondered if there was anywhere you guys would recommend for early evening/night, say between 6 and 10pm where there would be some good music and nice cocktails which wouldn't break the bank! Maybe an impossible ask.

Also, are there are bars which would be better than others for going to watch the football?
Thanks!

Was about to recommend the Sports Cafe near the Algarb but seems it's shut down :(

Dunes is nice for cocktails and people watching. Not the cheapest but nowhere in Ibiza is!

Overall I'd recommend Figueretas and Ibiza Town bars more if your kids are young. Some of the Bossa bars are a bit sketchy. Also depends what nights are on a Hi and Ushuaia as to how 'lively' the pre drinkers are.

For the first time in many years I reckon I am going to have a few years off Ibiza sadly!

The place has always been expensive but I have seen it creeping and creeping up year on year. The money spent on a 5 day trip this year was astronomical. Done nothing out the ordinary apart from my girlfriends birthday at Casa Maca.

Cabs are more expensive, if you can get one or you are paying a seasons worker overpriced, even the supermarkets have clocked on I felt.

It has now become unaffordable for a yearly trip I fear. Ibiza is heading the same as Vegas where if you wish to go, you'd need to save for a couple years if you are a regular bloke like myself?

I hope it goes full circle and everything comes down a little due to people like myself staying away.

Hi all.

Thanks!
We've always enjoyed Tuk Tuk on the beach, laid back, relatively well priced, have a DJ on all day

Edit: Now looks like it's called Casa Bonafe: https://casabonafeibiza.com/ 4.5ā‚¬ beer, 6/7ā‚¬ wine, 15ā‚¬ cocktails

Back