Donald Trump....

how on earth has he been allowed to go on a drive by ? Putting hundreds / thousands at risk. Surprised his close quarters security went with it.
Are you being serious? How exactly is he putting hundreds/thousand at risk?
From inside his car with a face mask on? Waving at the people that are out in the open air?

Are you being serious? How exactly is he putting hundreds/thousand at risk?
From inside his car with a face mask on? Waving at the people that are out in the open air?

He had people in the car with him, those people will then go and do whatever. That’s how viruses spread to hundreds / thousands of people.

the doctors at the hospital treating him have said it is ‘insanity’

He had people in the car with him, those people will then go and do whatever. That’s how viruses spread to hundreds / thousands of people.

the doctors at the hospital treating him have said it is ‘insanity’
You think those secret service agents will go out and have a beer tonight? Or go back to their families? I think they will easily sacrifice two weeks of quarantine like they would sacrifice their lives for the president in other circumstances. You were talking about Trump putting hundreds and thousands of people at risk by doing a driveby, not by getting in a car with his own security.

Of course. He'll come out USA,USA,USA ,USA beat this Chinese Ming Man flu.. you couldn't make this shit up.... Well actually you could.. lol

Plus, he apparently, had medication for severe covid cases (dexamethasone) and hours later, he is out of the hospital, parading in his car.
Everybody talking about him been positive, and eluding his tax return.
Fake case.

You think those secret service agents will go out and have a beer tonight? Or go back to their families? I think they will easily sacrifice two weeks of quarantine like they would sacrifice their lives for the president in other circumstances. You were talking about Trump putting hundreds and thousands of people at risk by doing a driveby, not by getting in a car with his own security.

Righto.... ?

I get it. And I agree that it shouldn't have happened...but the article underlines what I wrote earlier. Secret Service agents are required to catch the bullet for him, so getting in that car with the small chance of catching a virus with a GREAT (pun intended) survival rate especially for healthy trained agents and doing quarantine after is not the hardest part of their jobs.

Just like I thought he would play it. And I think that his words: "Don't be afraid of it, don't let it dominate your life, there are great medicines and the vaccines are coming momentarily" ...well it's very 'Trumpish'....but it's way better than the scare tactics most other world leaders are practicing.
I don't want more world leaders to be like Trump, but I do want more world leaders to get their head of the -fear covid and let it dominate every decision- tunnel. This will definitely win him votes, although I didn't see him losing anyway.

It's not about my inconvenience. It's about the economy of the world collapsing, people dying from other (worse) deceases because their treatment is postponed,

I don't understand this logic.

In my mind, more covid cases => more hospitalisations => less resource to treat other serious illnesses. So if you want other illnesses to be treated, you either need to keep covid cases down or pump more resources into the health service.

I don't understand this logic.

In my mind, more covid cases => more hospitalisations => less resource to treat other serious illnesses. So if you want other illnesses to be treated, you either need to keep covid cases down or pump more resources into the health service.

exactly. IMO @ElrowLovers theory would only work if the world decided to 'ignore' people with covid and stop treating them. the WHO just yesterday said they figure 10% of the world's pop have contracted the virus so far. I truly don't see how you could achieve both - opening up and treating other illnesses better at the same time. @ElrowLovers please enlighten us.

exactly. IMO @ElrowLovers theory would only work if the world decided to 'ignore' people with covid and stop treating them. the WHO just yesterday said they figure 10% of the world's pop have contracted the virus so far. I truly don't see how you could achieve both - opening up and treating other illnesses better at the same time. @ElrowLovers please enlighten us.

I was referring to the virus not being that severe as we were told it was...the IFR is lower than expected and doctors have become better in treating it. We're 7 months underway now, the governments should have done everything in their power to strengthen their health care with money, resources, ordering medicines etc. They didn't. At least not where I live. Remdesivir is out of stock in the EU, while the US bought 500.000 doses.
The EU governments were mostly busy with ridiculous measures such as closing bars at 22.00 o clock and prohibiting singing in soccer stadiums and blindly focussing on vaccins. Instead of injecting money in dying businesses in a first, second, third, fourth lockdown...they could have pumped resources in health care indeed. If that was the case we should be perfectly able to handle both the SMALL second wave / bump and normal health care. Instead of that, our country is already moving patients around and cancelling appointments because they expect the hospitalizations to rise with the rise of positive tests. It's been like that for 4 - 6 weeks. Has the contamination time gone up? I still don't see this second wave happening.

Also, in the first wave there were cases of people postponing going to the doctor themselves despite because we're in lockdown. Doctors doing video stream consults instead of visiting patients. And while I see the point both of you are making...and that may be in play in Spain right now, here health care here is not overflooded yet. Hospitals here are not full yet. No one has to be denied care.

I must say, you're both just picking one small part of my reply to quote. This is what I said:
It's not about my inconvenience. It's about the economy of the world collapsing, people dying from other (worse) deceases because their treatment is postponed, business dying, people feeling isolated and depressed, suicides, child abuse increasing etc.

It's like Trump said (to get back on topic)...and thousands of medical professionals in the Netherlands and Belgium wrote in a letter to our governments..we should stop treating Covid like it's the only health care issue in the world.

It's not just that. It's the example he's setting for other people who might go to a supermarket, catch a train or spend time at the mall after testing positive for covid-19 a few days ealier. All because Donny satsuma-face fancied a spot of attention-seeking publicity.

If this was Obama, all on this thread and the media would be lapping him up now, rightly so.
But Trump is bad....
lol what are you talking about? One has nothing to do with the other. A minor positive in the four years of absolute shit that is his tenure doesn't change anything in regards to him being a total and complete piece of shit.

is this a good thing? Maybe. Could it be the start of actual peace in the region? Sure. Will it? Not likely, but it'd be nice if it was.

Back