....DOLPHINS....

P

pip

8) My daughter longs 2 swim wif them is there anywhere on or round the island this can b done would love 2 surprize her 4 her birthday in sept :?: :?:

there is pictures on them on some medication pills i think :lol:

yes there are dolphins here.

i've seen them swimming past my house on san antonio bay. whales occasionally as well, and i have a photo of a shark swimming 10 metres from the shore near the san remo hotel.

the man who has the house by the viewing point at cap negret told me he can hear them 'blowing' as they pass on quiet summer nights.

as for swimming with them - i don't think there's much chance.

Yes definately dolphins in Ibiza.

We were sitting outside savannahs last september when everyone started looking/pointing out to sea.

There were two dolphins very near the shore and they swam around for a little while. They went right upto one of the boats that was anchored there for the sunset and a girl hung out over the edge while a guy held onto her legs. Dont think she touched the dolphin but was face to face with it.

All the bar staff/locals said they'd never seen the dolphins that close to shore before in that area.

N8 said:

We were sitting outside savannahs last september when everyone started looking/pointing out to sea.

There were two dolphins very near the shore and they swam around for a little while. They went right upto one of the boats that was anchored there for the sunset and a girl hung out over the edge while a guy held onto her legs. Dont think she touched the dolphin but was face to face with it.

All the bar staff/locals said they'd never seen the dolphins that close to shore before in that area.

thats cool!!

dolpins

never herd of any.. guess you would need to ask the peep who run the boat trips.

i think you can take boat trips to see them but of course you dont always see them!....there is a particular boat trip that takes you to a small aquarium - very small and sorry, but no dolphins but it extends the day a bit more!! there is also a little bar thingy if you dont fnacy going in the aquarium yourself!

Yeah, I saw some on a boat trip between ibiza and formentera. Was great to see them in the wild, just wish they had been going in the same direction as us!

I saw them some years ago on a ferry to Mallorca.
It was about 6 or 7 dolphins following the boat and jumping over the water. It was incredible. Dolphins are so amazing and friendly!

Dolphins

I have filmed a Dolphin in 2000 when on the boat from Denia. It is online in the Spanish promo at the front page of www.ibiza.tv. Although the Dolphin is companion the ship for a few minutes it is hard to catch it on camera, because you can not exactly point out were it will jump out of the water, it was going faster than the ship so a few times I missed it or I only could catch it while it was going down again. So the jump in this clip is the only complete one.
In this clip you also will see other Ibiza animals, for instance a frog.

Re: Dolphins

Olivier said:
I have filmed a Dolphin in 2000 when on the boat from Denia. It is online in the Spanish promo at the front page of www.ibiza.tv. Although the Dolphin is companion the ship for a few minutes it is hard to catch it on camera, because you can not exactly point out were it will jump out of the water, it was going faster than the ship so a few times I missed it or I only could catch it while it was going down again. So the jump in this clip is the only complete one.
In this clip you also will see other Ibiza animals, for instance a frog.

There are many images that don't appear. :(
But the pics that I've seen are great!

N8 said:

N8 was that a monday by any chance because we were sat in Savannah's on the monday night in 2002 and two dolphins came right up to edge aswell. It was dark when this was happening tho 8) 8)

here is a picture of the old dolphinarium:

1286573.jpg

nowadays is abandoned and only some skaters go there!! :rolleyes:

Back