....DOLPHINS....

daltvila said:
That place must be dead since the late 80s or so...
i checked the McArchives and fond the pictures i took there on december of 1989 so probably it closed in the early 90s!! :p

McRackin said:
here is a picture of the old dolphinarium:

1286573.jpg

nowadays is abandoned and only some skaters go there!! :rolleyes:
Damn skaters!! Hope they fall in and get wet!! :lol:

you dont like skaters, you dont like graffitis, whats wrong with you? :lol:

sant francesc:

ibz6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bigbearblue said:
there is a particular boat trip that takes you to a small aquarium - very small and sorry, but no dolphins but it extends the day a bit more!! there is also a little bar thingy if you dont fnacy going in the aquarium yourself!
i suppose you meant the aquarium in cap blanc near cala gració:

62.jpg

On our first trip to Ibiza we spotted some dolphins when we arrived back at our hotel (which is on a cliff looking out to sea) after a night at manumission.I fell in love with Ibiza at that very point. so.... in answer to your question, yes there are dolphins. ;)

i've seen a dolphin once on Cruises to pleasure in Antwerp !!
i was freaking out, tought that i reaaly had to much that night but the day after it was in the newspaper so it was fo real ...

there everywhere ...:eek:

when i went to ibiza in 2004 we went on the boat trip from san-an to es vedra and back and when we got near es vedra we all saw about 6 of them jumping out of the sea, it was brilliant to see them as it realy made the boat trip that time as we go on it every year, i have quite a few photos of them, i will have to get them on here when i sort a printer out, also on the boat taxi from santa eulalia to es cana last year i saw one comeing up to the surfice a couple of times but i was the only one who saw it and my mate thought i was halusanating. but there deffanatly around,

stephen said:
yes there are dolphins here.

i've seen them swimming past my house on san antonio bay. whales occasionally as well, and i have a photo of a shark swimming 10 metres from the shore near the san remo hotel.

the man who has the house by the viewing point at cap negret told me he can hear them 'blowing' as they pass on quiet summer nights.

as for swimming with them - i don't think there's much chance.

SHARK?!?! :eek:

This year whilst watching the sunset from Kumharas the Spanish folk in the bar started to get very excited and pointed out to sea. My mate explained that there were dolphins swimming in the bay around a boat. He said it was very unusual to see so many (there were five or six) in San An Bay during daylight hours- he said you sometimes got one or two together if they'd got lost or a single one coming in to die. It made a good moment something really special.

Back