Does monogamy exist?

That's a very serious response for a Friday. :eek:

(a more casual, offhand and less scripted one would've been SO much more convincing. :p :p :p)

That's a very serious response for a Friday. :eek:

(a more casual, offhand and less scripted one would've been SO much more convincing. :p :p :p)

:lol:

It's pretty much a succint version of an earlier post from me in this thread. It didn't take much scripting because we've done the conversation before.

A bit of self-control isn't that surprising is it? Even when I was shagging around and cheating, I had plenty of mates who didn't and never have. Plenty of people fully understand their desires and the compromises they make.

I don't have to so there's no pressure felt really.

That and I'm obviously on the wind up. :lol:

Point still stands though - you would.

I don't have to so there's no pressure felt really.

That and I'm obviously on the wind up. :lol:

Point still stands though - you would.

I don't have to, I choose to.

Do you or your chap want to allow each other a 'free pass' or is one, or both, of you compromising for the sake of keeping the relationship.

I don't think your on a wind up, I think you're in denial.:p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't look at me! Michael Douglas over there (the reformed casa nova no less) brought it back from the ashes.

Nope. Much as I'd enjoy the physical experience, I've too much to lose and have made a promise I intend to honour.

I think monogamy is based on the cost /benefit of not being monogamous. If you have little to gain and a lot to lose you tend to stay monogamous. Your options of available members of partners makes a difference also. Having sex with one partner multiple times the sex should be better, unless one person doesn't give a toss.

Sunshine got your thoughts wandering then Buckers?

Oh wait - it's all about self flagilation and denial isn't it? :lol:

(if you will keep bringing this back!)

It's about decision making and self-control Rob.:p

I will be meeting the missus for a drink after work though and she has been warned to brace herself:lol:

There's a few flighty newbies about so I thought we should get 'da kidz' opinions.

girls opinion, for what its worth!!

I think if you go into a monogamous relationship fully understanding that you are going to find other people attractive and be tempted BUT you are the only person that can stop it from happening then it can work. That being said I have 5 months come out of a 4 year relationship as I was getting tempted a little too often so I don't know it can work I would just like to think it can!

As for the on a business trip would you..........tempting but the guilt would be too much IMO!!

Thanks for the thread guys fun reading for Friday whilst I wait for Wine'o clock to roll round!!

As you say occasional temptation is only natural but it if is constant it may be a bit of a sign that something is not right.

At 35 I quite like being a flighty newby and one of the kidz.

Back