DJ Sneak bashing SHM on twitter

A disc jockey, also known as DJ, is a person who selects and plays recorded music for an audience.

Sneak is bitter and rightly so as SHM have abused the word house and made money from it something which is very dear to Sneak. Had they never claimed anything to do with house music I'm sure Sneak would not have battered an eyelid.

I've only ever seen them labelled as 'Progressive House', or often in the mainstream 'Electro'. I've rarely, in fact I can't actually recall, them being called a house act, let alone refer to themselves as such.

I've only ever seen them labelled as 'Progressive House', or often in the mainstream 'Electro'. I've rarely, in fact I can't actually recall, them being called a house act, let alone refer to themselves as such.

Calling them 'Progressive House' would be about as accurate as labelling Opera as Latin Jazz. Is this some Americanism ?

Calling them 'Progressive House' would be about as accurate as labelling Opera as Latin Jazz. Is this some Americanism ?
No no no. As an American, I can tell you that the relevant inappropriate Americanism would be to call their music "techno" :lol:

Swedish House Mafia ;)

I assumed that was referring to their own individual styles rather than the group as a collective? Happy to be corrected if that's not the case however.

Tell that to Beatport :(

:lol:

I think that post was the epic fail of the year for djedwardsmith

Aye, epic indeed :rolleyes:

I assumed that was referring to their own individual styles rather than the group as a collective? Happy to be corrected if that's not the case however.

Well, I dunno, but if 3 people called themselves the UK Dubstep Mafia and played trance I'd be disappointed. I'm pretty sure we're meant to infer they play some sort of house.

Term I saw pop up awhile ago for SHM and Guetta's genre is Club House. Lots of people were trying to get it put on Beatport so that the Progessive House genre would be cleared of the majority of the 'Big Commercial Room' sound that's taken over the genre.

Term I saw pop up awhile ago for SHM and Guetta's genre is Club House. Lots of people were trying to get it put on Beatport so that the Progessive House genre would be cleared of the majority of the 'Big Commercial Room' sound that's taken over the genre.

SHM's stuff varies a lot though...Antidote was considerably different than save the world for example...but as for David Guetta, id call most of his new music Hip House, as its a mix of hip hop with house beats.

That works. :)
Progressive House, on the online stores, has become the catch all genre if it's not tech, deep, electro or house.

Well, I dunno, but if 3 people called themselves the UK Dubstep Mafia and played trance I'd be disappointed. I'm pretty sure we're meant to infer they play some sort of house.

They didnt actually call themselves that originally did they? I thought people just started calling them that and it caught on....

Back