Destinomakers

Worth a trip to that Dirk?

btw - Coles bigger than Fitzgerald now?

GF has pulled back a bit from DJing now hasn't he? I think around release of album I heard an interview to that kind of affect.

MJC is an interesting one, was a big fan of hers but the last 2 years or so she's been pretty inconsistent. She was good at Ants last year but saw her at a Drumcode night and she was boring

Was always going to have to be something special to pull us away for a pre party to Cosmic Pineapple. TBH, happy we can just stay there without the hassle of trying to get taxis back to catch last couple of hours of CP.

Her name I think is bigger than George, at least in the states. I like the lineup personally and I'm a big GF fan, he's doing a gig in Brooklyn in Oct also with his full band thing, interested to check it out as its really cheap too.

GF has pulled back a bit from DJing now hasn't he? I think around release of album I heard an interview to that kind of affect.

MJC is an interesting one, was a big fan of hers but the last 2 years or so she's been pretty inconsistent. She was good at Ants last year but saw her at a Drumcode night and she was boring
I just thought it was an odd one for a one off at Destino, pretty high profile event.
Her name I think is bigger than George, at least in the states. I like the lineup personally and I'm a big GF fan, he's doing a gig in Brooklyn in Oct also with his full band thing, interested to check it out as its really cheap too.
instagram would suggest she is

Seems to be industry standard to play hour sets at charity events where the artist donates their fee.

I guess the logic is one of economies of scale. Booking a DJ to play for an hour and a half isn't much more expensive than booking a DJ to play an hour.
Usually, a commercial event would look to get less DJs to all play longer to increase profit margins.
But with a charity event, you want to cram in as many acts as possible. As more DJs = more fees donated.

so, destino closing line up is out

64775_b126-11e8-acf3-005056a6209a_DESTINO-SOLOMUN-10-5-Poster-LR.jpg

two more events to be announced very soon.

Last edited:
Back