Destinomakers

Springal

Worth a trip to that Dirk?

btw - Coles bigger than Fitzgerald now?
GF has pulled back a bit from DJing now hasn't he? I think around release of album I heard an interview to that kind of affect.

MJC is an interesting one, was a big fan of hers but the last 2 years or so she's been pretty inconsistent. She was good at Ants last year but saw her at a Drumcode night and she was boring

Dirk Bigler

Was always going to have to be something special to pull us away for a pre party to Cosmic Pineapple. TBH, happy we can just stay there without the hassle of trying to get taxis back to catch last couple of hours of CP.

Chris L

Her name I think is bigger than George, at least in the states. I like the lineup personally and I'm a big GF fan, he's doing a gig in Brooklyn in Oct also with his full band thing, interested to check it out as its really cheap too.

diver

GF has pulled back a bit from DJing now hasn't he? I think around release of album I heard an interview to that kind of affect.

MJC is an interesting one, was a big fan of hers but the last 2 years or so she's been pretty inconsistent. She was good at Ants last year but saw her at a Drumcode night and she was boring
I just thought it was an odd one for a one off at Destino, pretty high profile event.
Her name I think is bigger than George, at least in the states. I like the lineup personally and I'm a big GF fan, he's doing a gig in Brooklyn in Oct also with his full band thing, interested to check it out as its really cheap too.
instagram would suggest she is

white_isle_calling

Seems to be industry standard to play hour sets at charity events where the artist donates their fee.
I guess the logic is one of economies of scale. Booking a DJ to play for an hour and a half isn't much more expensive than booking a DJ to play an hour.
Usually, a commercial event would look to get less DJs to all play longer to increase profit margins.
But with a charity event, you want to cram in as many acts as possible. As more DJs = more fees donated.