Daily Mail - burn it!

Buckley

So, as London goes through the most traumatic experience our brilliantly diverse population has seen in my adulthood, what is the Mail's frontpage headline yesterday:

"Bombers on Benefits"

Yes, that's what important - the opportunity to promote division during a time of fear and paranoia and all to gain 'your side' some political capital.

Assholes! :twisted:

Drew said:
...... and you expected to see?

:lol:

:p

Just looked at Daily Mail message boards. One wag has just suggested burying the bombers who died in a trench full of pork fat! That should make sure that "their" community (I'm sure must right thinking Muslims wouldn't see them in the same group anyway though) stays against them.....

Fergie19 said:
You in work already mate? :eek:

Still up from last night feeling very harsh!

Oops, thread hijack :lol:

Since six Fergs. I normally do a tour of two of our depot 6-8 and then the office but I just checked one yeard this morning and got here at 7.15.

Buckley said:
So, as London goes through the most traumatic experience our brilliantly diverse population has seen in my adulthood, what is the Mail's frontpage headline yesterday:

"Bombers on Benefits"

Yes, that's what important - the opportunity to promote division during a time of fear and paranoia and all to gain 'your side' some political capital.

Anyway back on topic - if anyone on this board buys the Mail - I implore you to stop. Please.

Buckley said:

"Bombers on Benefits"

No shock here then!

express.gif

I said in a post last night to Morbyd when he was talking about the police and racial profiling that the media are the people responsible for that.

The police seem to be very aware of the sensitivites involved here but the media don't seem to care one bit.

What do the Mail expect:

"Bombers couldn't get day off from job, therefore Terror postponed until next week"

I'm certainly not trying to make a joke of the situation, but the fact they were on Benefits at least shows they have left a trail for the intelligence services to follow.

:x

Barbie said:
I refuse to buy the Mail, Mail on Sunday and Evening Standard cos they're all part of the same group :rolleyes: :twisted:

Associated newspapers, part of Northcliffe, also do The Metro, Nottingham Evening Post, Stoke Sentinel, Leicester Mercury, Derby Telegraph, Hull Evening Post, North Devonshire Times, and many, many more!!!!

As much as I agree with Buckley, those are the headlines which sell newspapers.

Loving Daily Star's headline today, with everything going on in the world it decides to go for:

"REAR WE GO, GERRO VOTED No1 PREMIER HUNK BY GAY FOOTIE FANS"

Ferd said:
Loving Daily Star's headline today, with everything going on in the world it decides to go for:

i wanna know what NITEFLY thinks.

Ferd said:
As much as I agree with Buckley, those are the headlines which sell newspapers.

Now thats News! :D

These headlines are sensationalising things to sell papers but surely there is a serious message behind all this? Not entirely sure what it is but we can no longer tolerate fundamentalists using this country to voice their hatred without rebuke. We are, whatever people say, a soft option and we cannot carry on that way. Refusing to deport people accused of serious crimes in other countries purely because the other country still has the death penalty is ridiculous. There needs to be balance but we seem to have gone far too far over to the side of liberalism and need to redress the balnce somewhat.

Back