Cryptocurrency

I wish I knew what you were all on about?

The big currency (or crypto) holders push the price around to take profit off the volatility (up or down).

In the currency trading world, they hunt for "stops" and push people out of their positions triggering stops or closing trades via margin calls. The moves only last long enough to accomplish the goal of making a quick, short-term profit then the large players continue with their bets in the longer term trend.

Google "stop hunting" or "hunting for stops".

Sometimes these big players are the exchanges and brokers themselves. I can imagine with no transparency or regulatory oversight, the crypto exchanges (or the guys that run them) also speculate on their own crypto. What would you do in that situation? Would you play fair?

The big currency (or crypto) holders push the price around to take profit off the volatility (up or down).

In the currency trading world, they hunt for "stops" and push people out of their positions triggering stops or closing trades via margin calls. The moves only last long enough to accomplish the goal of making a quick, short-term profit then the large players continue with their bets in the longer term trend.

Google "stop hunting" or "hunting for stops".

Sometimes these big players are the exchanges and brokers themselves. I can imagine with no transparency or regulatory oversight, the crypto exchanges (or the guys that run them) also speculate on their own crypto. What would you do in that situation? Would you play fair?

Yeah 100%, at the moment it's not that hard to spot the trends on a chart. If you can buy bitcoin sub £10,000, you'll make 10% within days. At the moment anyway, like we've all said can all pop in a moment.

I'm doing ok trading REQ at the moment, but that's because I know the most about it.

Iota is gonna change the whole crypto currency landscape.
Seriously read up on it, buy now cheap and hold for the next 2/3 years.
It's a huge if, but if the ideology behind the reality works out its gonna be huge.
Beyond huge!
There is the chance it won' but personally I believe in the project and if iota doesn' then another coin will follow through the plan eventually.
Crypto is here to stay and I honestly believe it'l be part of day to day life in 20 years.
Bitcoin will crash its too expensive, the iota project is the future you heard it here first :D:cool:

I’m with Coinbase but haven’t tried withdrawing what are the issues please?

So transferring money in is no problem at all.

To transfer out with a UK bank is painful, you've got to verify your bank account with coinbase- and they can't at the moment transfer out in GBP, so you've got to transfer your holding to EUR to get it out.

To verify your account with coinbase you have to setup a SEPA payment from your bank to theirs - I did 2 euro and my bank charged me £9.5 for the pleasure - the 2 euros was credited to my account but my card didn't get verified. Waited two weeks, so opened a support ticket, apparently you've got to transfer a minimum of 6 Euro, so I've done another SEPA transfer with another £9.5 charge. Hopefully this should sort it and I can withdraw my money out.

Feels like I'm getting ripped off but then again I've paid 7 euro's all night for water in Amnesia

I finally got sorted with withdrawing. They dont accept nationwide (to withdraw) . And I had to change my legal name with new ID. But finally got it sorted.
Etherem is so horny right now

So transferring money in is no problem at all.

To transfer out with a UK bank is painful, you've got to verify your bank account with coinbase- and they can't at the moment transfer out in GBP, so you've got to transfer your holding to EUR to get it out.

To verify your account with coinbase you have to setup a SEPA payment from your bank to theirs - I did 2 euro and my bank charged me £9.5 for the pleasure - the 2 euros was credited to my account but my card didn't get verified. Waited two weeks, so opened a support ticket, apparently you've got to transfer a minimum of 6 Euro, so I've done another SEPA transfer with another £9.5 charge. Hopefully this should sort it and I can withdraw my money out.

Feels like I'm getting ripped off but then again I've paid 7 euro's all night for water in Amnesia
I sent 1 euro and it was verified no problem. With Santander the sepa charge was £15 though.
My previous failed sepa from nationwide cost 9pounds

Yeah I was verified fine and tested withdrawing the other week. Withdraw £5 in Euros and was debited £4.87 so there is a little charges/ exchange rate that gets you but its not the worst in the world.

A tough 48 hours....is this the end?
I recon it will bounce back up as people want to get involved while the price is low!

Although I am happy to just leave it and see what happens as I pulled out my initial investment on Saturday when Ethereum hit its all time high. Anything from here is now pure profit so not to fused if it all does crash and burn.

A tough 48 hours....is this the end?

I think the days of "easy" wins are over. The cryptoverse is overcrowded and there will be winners and losers, once corporations figure out how to appropriately apply the technology, they will pick the one or two.

I dont believe it will be in a format that will be easily traded, however. Look at what Kodak is doing, and you may see the future of crypto...

Again, not personally invested.

yeah I'd expect a couple of them to float to the top. There are 100's at the moment, a lot are worth billions and all they have are white papers which is crazy.

I'm fully out now, keep checking on few but not looking to invest at the moment. Got Ibiza 2018 to pay for!

Back