Cryptocurrency

REQ don't have any more news for a while so prob not the best time to buy in right now..
Apparently a research company recommended CND and it's flying again might be to late to jump on board.

Regarding IOTA - I noticed they've got a JavaScript library for it. Not had much chance to look at it. If the library gets some traction and becomes the alt coin to go to for implementing cypto projects then I could see it being a big positive.

Last edited:
I'd like to buy some ripple but appears I have to buy bitcoin first and exchange for ripple. I'm struggling with that part of it.

Yeah, for a lot of the alt coins you have to. I've had to register and account on coinbase, buy one of the 4 coins they offer, then transfer them to binance.com - bit of a pain, but once it's setup works fine.

Hear your point frames but didn't Coinbase suspend some trading at one point in last week's slump? If they can simply stop people trading, all of the sites can, which makes me nervous

This is true...this kind of thing does seem to happen very regularly - the exchanges simply weren't ready for the huge amount of traffic/demand. I've noticed a lot of the exchanges that offer ripple have struggled a lot in the last few weeks as it is not as readily available (e.g. on coinbase) as the other coins.

This is the risk though with Cryptos...you have to be fully prepared to lose all your money as this is perhaps a higher likelihood than with other investments - so don't invest money you can't afford to lose.

If you are worried about the exchanges going down, the safest way to store your coins is elsewhere, away from the exchanges and then you haven't got to worry about the exchanges going down or being hacked - but that's probably a whole other topic in itself!

The thing that worries me is getting my money out, I can't get verified to withdraw, funny how it was OK to deposit/buy.
Once my value hits a certain point I'm going to convert and store it as euros until I csn figure out how I'm going to get verified to withdraw

Edit: I'm taking about coinbase. I have litecoin

The thing that worries me is getting my money out, I can't get verified to withdraw, funny how it was OK to deposit/buy.
Once my value hits a certain point I'm going to convert and store it as euros until I csn figure out how I'm going to get verified to withdraw

Edit: I'm taking about coinbase. I have litecoin
You've summed it up for me right there. Losing my whole investment because it dives wouldn't bother me, but losing money because the exchanges decide to adopt practices like suspending trading, cancelling trades or making withdrawal difficult would wind me up no end.

You've summed it up for me right there. Losing my whole investment because it dives wouldn't bother me, but losing money because the exchanges decide to adopt practices like suspending trading, cancelling trades or making withdrawal difficult would wind me up no end.

I dont do crypto, but I used to trade currency pairs and got out for a similar reason.

The game/rules are not designed for most to take an easy profit.

Tread lightly.

Back