Cream Ibiza moving to Hï

zchas31

News on Cream Ibiza ending after a 22 year club night run... thoughts /news on the new Thursdays at Amnesia.. likely Do Not Sleep / Darius Syrossian / Abode club night?

Since this discussing was getting unwieldy on the main thread... :)

what a shame that for such an old and well known party they didnt do a proper closing party last year ... Even if numbers were down over the last years I can't see the other mentioned nights replacing cream getting more numbers in than cream did ...

So far Amnesia is 0 for 2 with replacing parties (Cream and Hyte). Let’s see what they replace Cocoon with, for their sake let’s hope it’s big.

Gutted to see this news this morning. For me, seeing Ferry or A&B or Kearney at Cream was the highlight of every trip I've made to Ibiza since 2011. :(

And what made it great for me was both the lineup and location. While I hope Cream or another weekly trance event picks up somewhere, it's going to have a tough time measuring up.

As a trance fan. If this is true. I can see me completely sacking the clubbing side of the island off tbh. Think it's a bit ridiculous that ibiza claims to be the clubbing capital but only if you like House or techno.

Think it's a bit ridiculous that ibiza claims to be the clubbing capital but only if you like House or techno.

...And big room EDM, reggaeton even hip-hop & RNB has decent representation. The nights on offer - while I agree are unbalanced - are reflective of what ppl are paying to go to. Trance had it's day, but obviously it isn't popular enough anymore.

If adobe announces Thursday at amnesia does anyone think Cream May stay quiet on the off chance they have other plans announce but not yet. I.E on offs at other venues?

cream had always had a fair amount of edm on their terrace part and during the old calvin harris days amnesia was over fully packed I dont think the end of night is only due to the trance part ...

what a shame that for such an old and well known party they didnt do a proper closing party last year ... Even if numbers were down over the last years I can't see the other mentioned nights replacing cream getting more numbers in than cream did ...
I agree...not my cup of tea although the times I went I had a good night and all the kids clearly did. It’s sad for them to leave with a whimper after all they have given over the years. I guess there’s reasons behind it.

...And big room EDM, reggaeton even hip-hop & RNB has decent representation. The nights on offer - while I agree are unbalanced - are reflective of what ppl are paying to go to. Trance had it's day, but obviously it isn't popular enough anymore.

I'm talking big clubs though. There are reggae/trance bars but, all the clubs just give the same stuff out. I went cream twice last season and 4 times season before that and it was rammed. Half these techno nights are full of people that jump on bandwagon and don't listen to dance music in England. So you could technically put drake on all night and the clubs would still be busy. Whether it's trance or not. I wish the clubs would give a more balanced range.

Back