☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we had it bad. Poor old Lancaster at 97/100k, tier 3 and serviced by a hospital in tier 2. It’s as we were saying in the week, the bigger the area, the greater chance for the government to justify a higher tiering.

Correct, we have a lower R rate than every single London borough yet they are in tier 2. And then people say oh well they can't look at every individual city, yet Slough is in tier 2 with the rest of Berkshire in tier 3. We're reliant on East Lancs shitholes getting their numbers down

The sport thing has irritated me. Sounded like great news on Monday when they said up to 4000 fans allowed in Tier 1....then the tiers get announced and it turns out not one single club of the 92 in England (and Wales) are in Tier 1! F*cking joke.

But equally I can understand the argument that people may have that how is it possible to have 2000 people at a game of football when you can't meet more than 6 people in your garden!

Being in the North East the new Tiers are actually better than it is now, we are currently in the same as the rest of the UK but next week we still get to all shops, leisure centres, gyms, personal services (hairdressers etc) open and its only really the hospitality thats impacted but they can provide click and collect or take away services. For someone who doesnt drink its much better than it is at the moment.

View attachment 11018

speak for yourself mate us drinkers are devastated?

Guess its always gonna be a shit fight on where you put a boundary. Rural area is a low value but are the people going to travel to an urban area, or if they get ill what capacity does the nearest hospital have & is it servicing a lot of higher tier areas etc.

If you make it too fine grained, which would be fairer, you'd get large numbers of people just ignoring it as its "too complicated". (Same people who need L & R on their shoes?)

The lockdown after the normal ~3 week delay does seem to have a big impact. We are down to 460 from 796 in a week and a bit.

Not many more weeks of this. Mid feb more economy opening up and probs back in the office by May. ?

Correct, we have a lower R rate than every single London borough yet they are in tier 2. And then people say oh well they can't look at every individual city, yet Slough is in tier 2 with the rest of Berkshire in tier 3. We're reliant on East Lancs shitholes getting their numbers down
It’s crazy and I am sorry for you. Lancashire county council asked for the government to split the county and were told ‘no’ by government, ‘we set the tiering boundaries’. A shame they don’t take a similar approach to accountability and transparency.

The restrictions in force in the area where you live apparently stick with you wherever you travel to a lower tier area. Surprised people don't have to move around with their status painted on their forehead or across their back :rolleyes: !
Yeah it's basically which ever is worse, where you came from or where you went to.

Apparently hull didn't get its quick tests cause the gov didn't have a delivery address. ?‍♂️ how about Hull City Council Hull. ?‍♂️

Reading the Guardian's comments section, there are one or two from Brighton who think they will go into T1 bexore Xmas, and are worried that all us unclean will be flocking to the place. Of course we bloody well will, which makes these tiers even more ludicrous. Should be all, or nothing.

But if Brighton goes into 1 in a fortnight, looking at the stats so will a few other places (London you can bet) spreading the load. Meanwhile I'm sure they are devising a tier 4 for the North.

Reading the Guardian's comments section, there are one or two from Brighton who think they will go into T1 bexore Xmas, and are worried that all us unclean will be flocking to the place. Of course we bloody well will, which makes these tiers even more ludicrous. Should be all, or nothing.

But if Brighton goes into 1 in a fortnight, looking at the stats so will a few other places (London you can bet) spreading the load. Meanwhile I'm sure they are devising a tier 4 for the North.

I can't see it happening, although Brighton's cases have halved in 7 days.

Hopefully once the state of alarm is over at the end of May this will change....wont be back for a 'holiday' if its still 100% compulsory into the summer.

Yeah next summer will be a lot different than now. Good luck trying to force people to wear masks assuming a large portion of the population is immune and/or vaccinated, and rates are very low.

Day 23 - collapsed and in hospital. Suspected heart attack but looking like not, still investigating

But, yes, no need for lockdown etc ?

You’re obviously old or obese... only kidding... that’s bad. Hope you’re ok? I see the football manager Nigel Pearson has had some heart issues when previously healthy after catching it on March. Has there been much research into this ? Hope you’re in good hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back