☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the scenes of carnage if hospitality only opened on 18th December
I was thinking the other day, that the prospect of a table service, no standing at the bar Builders Friday sounded amazing compared the rough n' tumble, free-for-all it usually is
I'm really intrigued to see how things pan out over the coming weeks. I've decided I'll be observing, more than participating but I myself will be reviewing after a fortnight

UK; 11299 new cases, a fall of 5000 since yesterday, which fell about the same from the day before, better news than anyone could imagine. What it will mean is when the new tiers come in, as the cases continue to fall (and deaths after the lag) withing a week there will be calls for areas in 3/2 to be immediately reduced to 2/1.

This could mean if they do - lockdown ending early = cases ricing again OR businesses closed or restricted unnecessarily when they could be opened.

I think my area will be in T3; but this time next week, when T3 begins, there will be so few new cases that they (and I) will be calling for the tier to be reduced - and we will have to wait the stautory fortnight for that to happen. If they could just WAIT until this current lockdown ends - and then decide?
Afraid it's back up to 18.2k today. The 7 day rolling average is a better measurement which is going down thankfully ?

UK; 11299 new cases, a fall of 5000 since yesterday, which fell about the same from the day before, better news than anyone could imagine. What it will mean is when the new tiers come in, as the cases continue to fall (and deaths after the lag) withing a week there will be calls for areas in 3/2 to be immediately reduced to 2/1.

This could mean if they do - lockdown ending early = cases ricing again OR businesses closed or restricted unnecessarily when they could be opened.

I think my area will be in T3; but this time next week, when T3 begins, there will be so few new cases that they (and I) will be calling for the tier to be reduced - and we will have to wait the stautory fortnight for that to happen. If they could just WAIT until this current lockdown ends - and then decide?
A conservative MP was on the TV today saying outside of our Christmas 5 days expect lots of areas to be Tier 3 until nearly Easter? Grim if he was right

It does feel to me that the positive news has been delivered gradually over the first half of the week, to set everybody up for disappointment at the end

So my area (South Hams) has the lowest infection rate in England as of today. Let's hope that means Tier 1 - if we don't go into it I am struggling to see who will !!!

if they are taking local hospital capacities into account, then I guess even remote areas with relatively low infection rates per 100,000 are still at risk of being placed in Tier 3

Afraid it's back up to 18.2k today. The 7 day rolling average is a better measurement which is going down thankfully ?
If you look at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/ it gives two figures,11k on the graph, I think the 18k is a rolling average; and yes, it's very confusing. As we move towards regionalising, I look at these figures for my area, https://i2-prod.manchestereveningne...47154.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_nov-25-graph.jpg and they've been green for days now.

Last edited:
If you look at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/ it gives two figures,11k on the graph, I think the 18k is a rolling average; and yes, it's very confusing. As we move towards regionalising, I look at these figures for my area, https://i2-prod.manchestereveningne...47154.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_nov-25-graph.jpg and they've been green for days now.
That's because worldometers tends lags behind a bit. If look at it now it has 25th nov value of 18.2k. Also if scroll right to bottom it lists each days stats & what the latest day it has info for. Makes life confusing for sure ?

I suspect the uk gov site been later than normal at reporting yesterday didn't help?‍♂️

Be interesting to see what the 24th nov "low" 11k rate actually is in 4 days time, when using date of specimen. (If drill in will see 2 graphs, date of specimen & date reported, like deaths. 1st one isn't accurate till at least 5 days after the date. Guess that means still not all tests been turned around in 24hrs ?)

Doesn't have anywhere that shows region breakdown so I use the bbc page , but it has a few days lag typically.

if they are taking local hospital capacities into account, then I guess even remote areas with relatively low infection rates per 100,000 are still at risk of being placed in Tier 3

They've just opened the Nightingale in Exeter - as long as they actually use it there shouldn't be major issues for places like Devon, they run out of excuses eventually !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back