☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me the bigger problem is ......the covid jabs do not make you immune , they may stop you getting it but there's a better chance you'll still get it but not become terribly un well or hospitalised , you'd still be a spreader and you'd still be expected to isolate if you get symptoms......the future looks very good but its not a shield of armour having the vaccine....p.s im not at all implying don't get jabbed , ill be getting mine as soon as I can....from Gov T Website...

Will the vaccine protect you?​

The COVID-19 vaccine that you have had has been shown to reduce the chance of you suffering from COVID-19 disease. Each vaccine has been tested in more than 20,000 people in several different countries and shown to be safe.

It may take a week or two for your body to build up some protection from the first dose of vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe.

Can you give COVID-19 to anyone if you have had the vaccine?​

The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you.

To protect yourself and your family, friends and colleagues, you still need to:

• practise social distancing
  • wear a face mask
  • wash your hands carefully and frequently
  • follow the current guidance

for me the bigger problem is ......the covid jabs do not make you immune , they may stop you getting it but there's a better chance you'll still get it but not become terribly un well or hospitalised
My understanding is that sterilizing immunity simply hasn't been proven yet. And that's what the text you quoted says.

Here is a good write up from BBC on that (about one month old): Can you still transmit Covid-19 after vaccination?

yup .....there's nurses that are testing positive for covid even though they had jabs 2 months ago....again this is not good but hopefully will not become too unwell.....im just concerned the wider public may think the vaccine is the end of this ...which to some extent it is , but it dose not mean everyone is safe or that you still wont catch it and of course the other worry is ....."iv had the jabs cant be covid ...im not isolating ".......and they spread around......

It was only a matter of time before they "normalized" it !! ....

this article reminds me of my favourite Frank Skinner joke :

'I went down the doctors the other day to buy a packet of suppositories. It said on the back: 'To be inserted four inches up the rectum. Keep out of the reach of children.'

I doubt the UK will allow international travel until end of May at least,
Think that's been heavily indicated and I can't see it being broaught forward. One issue is airlines will need notice, dunno how long but if the govt suddenly said on March 31st "fly away after April 12" I'm not sure there would be enough flights.

As it stands and IIRC there will be a report published mid-April about flights and holidays, and that's just a report not a definitive timetable. So as you say, I reckon late May is the best we can hope for.

Been checking Sitges and area, jet2 are flying in June and MAN-Reus is around £60 single. So there are timetabled flights now so they must expect June travel. But then again they have been flying but without passengers as we can't travel...which is why I ain't booking a flight yet. Airlines must be fuming, but they took a lot from pax that couldn't fly and at best all they got was a voucher.

I know some BA cabin crew who are working on a date of going back end of April, but there will be a huge effort to check aircraft after long periods of activity. Also refresher training for many crew - realistically be June/July until we see any kind of large aircraft movement I think

We just booked end August - early Sept. Really hopeful of some kind of positive party news by then. Plenty of scope for opportunity I guess, if the authorities allow it. I'd even take open air / day type parties I think.

yup .....there's nurses that are testing positive for covid even though they had jabs 2 months ago....again this is not good but hopefully will not become too unwell.....im just concerned the wider public may think the vaccine is the end of this ...which to some extent it is , but it dose not mean everyone is safe or that you still wont catch it and of course the other worry is ....."iv had the jabs cant be covid ...im not isolating ".......and they spread around......
Early studies show that the vaccines massively cut down on spread and asymptomatic cases as well.

Once enough people are vaccinated, this will really be a non-issue.

I know some BA cabin crew who are working on a date of going back end of April, but there will be a huge effort to check aircraft after long periods of activity. Also refresher training for many crew - realistically be June/July until we see any kind of large aircraft movement I think
Anything from the first of June would be bonus; if only the government would give us conformation that we could fly away after the May deadline passes we could all book. I notice the averall % of folks vaccinated in Spain is where the UK was in mid-Jan; so basically two months behind.

If they could vaccinate at the speed the UK is then by mid-May they could now have 30% vaxxed - that's just about everyone over 60 + vulnerable. Top-of-head thinking would suggest they might open air corridors to specific islands/regions rather than free-for-all - makes sense to go to places of low incidence and if there's a spike (ie on an island) it can be locked down again if necessary.

NB, just got home from my first jab and everything's ok! Not saying there's a conspiracy but my keyboard's now in chinese....

1615062429479.png

These stats are always updated 5 days after - seems at 8 per 100,000 we were at the infection level of the old Tier 1 at the start of the month in an area the size of Ibiza and the cases peppered across parish areas. A whole week before schools set to reopen I'm going to monitor this closely because I really think this latest lockdown has been overkill for us locally. In fact very few people have been taking much notice with beach car parks packed, masses of watersports going on and loads of outdoor mixing to be seen for the last 3 weeks or so. If the numbers climb it's definitely down to the kids and if not there simply no justification for restricting outdoor leisure much.

I had a day feeling lousy after - started next morning after a lunchtime jab with the icy fingers up and down chest and back, headache and a bit of swollen glands in my neck all on same side as the vax. It had all resolved after 24hrs.
I was a bit sleepy this afternoon so had a nap. Might be absolutely not related, I feel fine so just waiting to get out for a decent nocturnal adventure. Or even Wednesday afternoon.

View attachment 11567

These stats are always updated 5 days after - seems at 8 per 100,000 we were at the infection level of the old Tier 1 at the start of the month in an area the size of Ibiza and the cases peppered across parish areas. A whole week before schools set to reopen I'm going to monitor this closely because I really think this latest lockdown has been overkill for us locally. In fact very few people have been taking much notice with beach car parks packed, masses of watersports going on and loads of outdoor mixing to be seen for the last 3 weeks or so. If the numbers climb it's definitely down to the kids and if not there simply no justification for restricting outdoor leisure much.
It's good that the schools are going back as if theres a spike they can't blame it on hospitality as everywheres shut. If there is a spike, shut the schools and open the pubs.

Where do we draw the line and say f*** off?
Personally...I did that a few months ago already. But right now it's getting so ridiculous here in The Netherlands I've shut myself down from news, talkshows, newspapers entirely. Vaccine-Passports? Zero-covid policy? Facemasks, curfews and shops closed even when numbers are going down? If someone told us this in the beginning of the pandemic we would have told him/her to wear a tin-foil hat!

I live in my own bubble with a few friends, having a home party now and then (silent disco), we go shopping in Belgium because shops are open there and we found some places that have put the restrictions behind them and letting people drink and eat on their terraces because they are quite rural and never checked by police.

There are demo's in Amsterdam every Sunday that end in riots every week. When the weather is good, the parks turn into a festival terrain and there's a huge outdoor rave going on until police find themselves with enough manpower to strike it down. Usually lasts all afternoon until the sun goes down. Yet the government thinks it's a great idea to keep the terraces closed....

I decided to wait until summer in my own bubble and not to get frustrated in the meantime. See y'all in Ibiza.

You think this is something to celebrate?
Getting a test before the rave, facemask, 1.5 meter distance spots on the dancefloor, partying in separated 'bubbles' and getting another test after the rave. We should not want or need a new normal for partying...we need to get back to the only normal that exist. The old normal.

Also...right now we still have one of the toughest lockdowns for the entertainment and hospitality sector AND for youngsters. This so-called study event is long overdue and a facade to keep the sheeple hoping that the government is doing something for that sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back