☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a few days now until the UK reports under 1000 new cases. Incidence is now 85/100k nationwide - not quite as good as Ibiza that Stivi reports - but a heck of a lot better than the 150+ it was not so long ago.

Just worry about the kids going back next week and them taking covid home to unvaxxed parents. If the government would just hold that off until after easter (flaming hack - is going back for 2/3 weeks REALLY gonna make a difference to their edukashon??) when cases should be maybe under 10/100k, many more have had the vax and covid is more difficult to find...at that point they could unlock us (with distancing) almost totally like last summer.

Although I get why people are hesitant and have doubts when seeing the furlough has been extended but the times before have been without the vax, every fest / event post on the socials is full of people planting about how "you do know this isnt going ahead" and so on.. when we are as a country to be heavily vaccinated by that point, I don't see how they can keep lockdowns extended, if cases are good people are getting the vax then course we will be up and running.. the government will be dying to get the country back open and the cash cows back moo'ing

Here's my prediction: soon deaths, hosp admissions and infections will cliffdrop and in a few weeks those currently amongst the UK public - including members of this board - who are, understandably, cautious will be asking why we aren't opening up the economy quicker. I'm feeling confident

I hope you are right and in a few months the rest of europe catches up.

Here's my prediction: soon deaths, hosp admissions and infections will cliffdrop and in a few weeks those currently amongst the UK public - including members of this board - who are, understandably, cautious will be asking why we aren't opening up the economy quicker. I'm feeling confident
I think this is already happening with people asking if the data is good can we open sooner. It would be stupid for the government to say yes to that because everyone will suddenly take that as we're definitely opening earlier, so it's right not to even if it is an option.

I think we should start to average under 100 deaths over 7 days in around 2 weeks from today.

At the minute I'm only able to give pfizer vaccine but we have now been asked to do some further training to get on the PGD for the AZ vaccine.
Maybe nhs planning to switch vaccine for the younger age groups?
No idea just speculating.

It was only a matter of time before they "normalized" it !! ....

It actually sounds more pleasant than the normal covid test (down the back of your throat and up your nose) sounds! :lol: Looks like I should be allowed to visit my dad in the care home very soon, but covid swab first each time.. :eek:

At the minute I'm only able to give pfizer vaccine but we have now been asked to do some further training to get on the PGD for the AZ vaccine.
Maybe nhs planning to switch vaccine for the younger age groups?
No idea just speculating.
I think the supply ratio of Pfizer to AZ will change in the near future, so more likely to get deliveries of AZ perhaps?

I wish I shared your enthusiasm - I'm afraid reading other messageboards many want lockdown to continue indefinitely. In fact, the better the figures get the more they dig in. I reckon they are simply miserable sods who haven't got a life and their main source of pleasure is stopping other people.
There are genuine people who clearly work in hospitals and they say they are still over-busy and that's fair enougth, But in 4-5 weeks the backlog should be cleared, and whilst I'm against a nationwide mass orgy right now, I reckon they could bring forward the May loosening (indoor stuff) to mid April, where they intend to open up outdoor stuff.

EDIT - a quick browse round the on-line papers suggest SAGE's estimate of 200/100k cases by mid-March as a best-case senario has been stuffed out of sight. What is it today, 86?? We're doing even better than the brains thought we could.

It actually sounds more pleasant than the normal covid test (down the back of your throat and up your nose) sounds! :lol: Looks like I should be allowed to visit my dad in the care home very soon, but covid swab first each time.. :eek:

:lol: I know what you mean though ... great news re: your Dad so glad he's made it through this far in there !! Pretty sure there are saliva test alternatives would be so much easier if they'd mass-produced something like that for regular testing like that.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm - I'm afraid reading other messageboards many want lockdown to continue indefinitely. In fact, the better the figures get the more they dig in. I reckon they are simply miserable sods who haven't got a life and their main source of pleasure is stopping other people.
There are genuine people who clearly work in hospitals and they say they are still over-busy and that's fair enougth, But in 4-5 weeks the backlog should be cleared, and whilst I'm against a nationwide mass orgy right now, I reckon they could bring forward the May loosening (indoor stuff) to mid April, where they intend to open up outdoor stuff.

I actually think they should open up the outdoor stuff much earlier and leave the indoor stuff where it is. The relative risk factor is SOOOO much lower outside.

:lol: I know what you mean though ... great news re: your Dad so glad he's made it through this far in there !! Pretty sure there are saliva test alternatives would be so much easier if they'd mass-produced something like that for regular testing like that.

I actually think they should open up the outdoor stuff much earlier and leave the indoor stuff where it is. The relative risk factor is SOOOO much lower outside.
That is true, it's also forecast to be 2c outdoors tonight!! To be honest, last summer when they opened indoors they still had doors and windows wide open, and most of the time it was jolly uncomfortable. I'd certainly rather wait until we could be truly indoors than sit inside shivering in the Manchester July cold.

Just worry about the kids going back next week and them taking covid home to unvaxxed parents. If the government would just hold that off until after easter (flaming hack - is going back for 2/3 weeks REALLY gonna make a difference to their edukashon??) when cases should be maybe under 10/100k, many more have had the vax and covid is more difficult to find...at that point they could unlock us (with distancing) almost totally like last summer.
As much as I want my daughters back at school you have a point.

My 2 go back for 2 weeks then off for 3 weeks again, what's the point in that really

France & Germany now approve the Oxford Vaccine after previously saying it was 'almost ineffective' in over 65s - results from Scotland have since proven the vaccine is even more effective than the Pfizer jab.

However, I worry the damage has now been done in these countries, once you tell the older generation a jab is unsafe, especially in vaccine-sceptic countries, the uptake is going to be even lower. Was this political point scoring after Brexit? This was another huge mistake from these EU Nations.

I am feeling extremely optimistic about the UK chances of clubbing by summer, our uptake is 95% in the over 80s and my parents in their 50s have now received their jab.

Fabric have announced their opening for June and 300,000 festivals are selling out within minutes..... I think there is a high chance the UK will be back to normality with the EU months behind, this is a serious downer as I would kill for a night in Amnesia this summer!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back