☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alum Rock, I'm presuming other places. I'm guessing very poor take up in areas with high levels of infection

Cant find anything in the media but know that its happening

Seeing basing things on a really optimistic level and clubbing possible in October. What weekend would be best to take a punt at booking flights for? First or second weekend.

Got a friend in the RAF reserves, he is in Cyprus atm. Was told yesterday he is coming home on 28th because they can’t afford to keep him there!
Was told today he is now staying because they don’t have any tests available! Madness

Alum Rock, I'm presuming other places. I'm guessing very poor take up in areas with high levels of infection

Cant find anything in the media but know that its happening
Assuming it’s vaccines being used up that would otherwise go in the bin, I don’t have a major issue with it. But if it’s happening as standard outside of the current group structure, not cool

Assuming it’s vaccines being used up that would otherwise go in the bin, I don’t have a major issue with it. But if it’s happening as standard outside of the current group structure, not cool

i thought that it hasn’t been tested on under 18’s?

The problem with banning flights is that it is both politically incorrect, it can be interpreted as racist or xenophobic, and it goes against the Neo-Liberal/Globalist trends that now dominate Western European countries. Freedom of movement is one of the pillars of our current societies. Go against that and all sorts of problems and delays seem to crop up. The system will work against it.

The Conservative Party in the UK doesn't dare to ban flights from one or more countries until the commentariat are almost screaming at them to do so. If they ban flights too early then they will be accused of racism and/or xenophobia. Also, most of the people in charge in government in the UK aren't exactly hardcore Brexiteers and/or against freedom of movement. They are in fact rather soft and wet. They don't have the confidence to do the right thing, simply because they are afraid of being called racists and "far right" by the people who get airtime on the BBC. Both Boris, Gove and Raab come to mind.

Patel might be a different case. She would probably be quicker at banning flights and not be too bothered about the left wing onslaught. The Home office really thickens one skin.

I suspect there will be a leadership challenge in a few months time. That'll be a bit of political drama to look forward to. I hope Patel wins.

Seeing basing things on a really optimistic level and clubbing possible in October. What weekend would be best to take a punt at booking flights for? First or second weekend.
And some closing party that will be!!

Both weeks are great if I had to choose second week

Its definitely not that, it's an open invitation. Really really surprised me

Hadn’t actually picked up that it said 16, my brain saw 18
I'm 99% sure 16 and above, could have read it wrong. If I hadnt seen the correspondence myself i wouldn't have believed it.

Have family in Alum Rock, they've been offered and my 13 year old niece, who has a learning disability and vulnerabilities, has been given a date as well

Cant find anything in the press but cant imagine it will take long

I'm 99% sure 16 and above, could have read it wrong. If I hadnt seen the correspondence myself i wouldn't have believed it.

Have family in Alum Rock, they've been offered and my 13 year old niece, who has a learning disability and vulnerabilities, has been given a date as well

Cant find anything in the press but cant imagine it will take long
How strange

very encouraging news

Not entirely - 17% of serious infections despite having the 1st shot is quite high. Overall though, it should still have a massive impact in the number of fatalities, but it will be interesting to see how governments handle handing out second doses for some alongside first doses for others.

Are the younger generation going to be content to be locked up for longer, and unable to travel, if it means their elders can get their second jab? Imagine we'll hear a lot more about this in the next few months.

And folk can’t understand why people are questioning things snd don’t have a clue who or what to trust
I'll be interested what comes out in the press

My family members in Alum Rock are Pakistani and the belief in Covid being a hoax, 5g, chips in the vaccine etc is stunning. I wonder if they are just trying to get it in arms and build trust. The worst hit areas in Brum are mainly Pakistani and I'm guessing the uptake is really low

Haven't read the whole thread.

But one thing I really don't see the logic in........Inbound flights to the UK? Why are they still happening?

Grant Schapps in an interview said quarantine was Law. But only 25% of arrivals are checked. They rely on people playing ball?

If they want the population to pretty much sit at home all day. Then surely banning passenger travel should be a matter of course as well?

Or am I wrong here?
All the Covid laws/rules are unpoliceable (if that’s a word).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back