☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better performance from Boris than the last mad speech to the nation. Actually liked that he openly questioned the doubters and didn't just ignore that anti-lockdown views are growing.

Still not convinved the public are going to take it seriously though, who is going to give all these fines out?

Better performance from Boris than the last mad speech to the nation. Actually liked that he openly questioned the doubters and didn't just ignore that anti-lockdown views are growing.

Still not convinved the public are going to take it seriously though, who is going to give all these fines out?
Interview with Scottish prof who advises Scottish gov said fines are not really a good idea, esp big ones, as it can lead to less people coming forward for a test incase they have to isolate.

Kinda agree.

Yeah, I think although I improved nutritionally, I probably consumed more calories overall to compensate. But it was still a kicker doing 5k 4 or 5 times a week and not really seeing results.

Anyway for lockdown mk 2.0 I'm gonna do the Joe Wicks thingy and see if that works better for me

Maybe you were over training or training too hard and just burning carbs? I had a VO2 max test etc. done a few years ago, the report and associated charts made fascinating reading, one surprising thing for me was that my fat burning HR zone was really low (80-110 bpm), I'd barely have to jog to get out of that!1600850032528.png

Maybe you were over training or training too hard and just burning carbs? I had a VO2 max test etc. done a few years ago, the report and associated charts made fascinating reading, one surprising thing for me was that my fat burning HR zone was really low (80-110 bpm), I'd barely have to jog to get out of that!View attachment 10459

very likely this was the case.

if you want to lose fat/weight, a lower heartrate over an extended time is what you want to aim for. so rather than to run really fast for 45mins, go on a long hike with lots of hills

I googled swedish model and lost a few hours of my day.

Here we go AGAIN:

Swedish authorities are weighing whether to tighten restrictions in the capital Stockholm after a localized uptick of coronavirus cases over the past few weeks.

Sweden considers Stockholm restrictions as Covid cases rise

Stockholm faces local restrictions after 'worrying' infection signs

Here we go AGAIN:

Swedish authorities are weighing whether to tighten restrictions in the capital Stockholm after a localized uptick of coronavirus cases over the past few weeks.

Sweden considers Stockholm restrictions as Covid cases rise

Stockholm faces local restrictions after 'worrying' infection signs

1) it was a joke about beautiful blonde women. I can google, no worries.
2) still Sweden is doing great compared to the rest of Europe...all these breaking news about Sweden considering some restrictions in Stockholm is not changing that.

1) it was a joke about beautiful blonde women. I can google, no worries.
2) still Sweden is doing great compared to the rest of Europe...all these breaking news about Sweden considering some restrictions in Stockholm is not changing that.
Sweden is not doing great compared to the rest of Europe, compared to it's direct neighbours it has 12 times more deaths per m than Norway, 9 times more than Finland and 5 times more than Denmark.
Sweden is also a very socially distanced country in general and certain ways of life there (Like having the highest rate of adults living by themselves) work naturally in helping slow the transmission. It's a very lazy comparison and very weird the media keep using them when, as mentioned, their neighbours have done much better. I guess it fits the agenda of their readers to get more clicks.

Sweden is not doing great compared to the rest of europe, compared to it's direct neighbours it has 12 times more deaths per m than Norway, 9 times more than Finland and 5 times more than Denmark.
Sweden is also a very socially distanced country in general and certain ways of life there (Like having the highest rate of adults living by themselves) work naturally in helping slow the transmission. It's a very lazy comparison.

it's what I've been saying all the time.

as other european countries they did manage to bring infections down in summer, but the upwards trend has reached sweden too now.

it's what I've been saying all the time.

as other european countries they did manage to bring infections down in summer, but the upwards trend has reached sweden too now.
Even if the model did work for Sweden it's not possible in a lot of countries, as a lot of socio-economic factors are completely different elsewhere. For example if the UK had gone that way we would be in a terrible position, with it first not working due to the factors mentioned and secondly being implemented by our government, with obviously more complex issues too.

Even if the model did work for Sweden it's not possible in a lot of countries, as a lot of socio-economic factors are completely different elsewhere. For example if the UK had gone that way we would be in a terrible position, with it first not working due to the factors mentioned and secondly being implemented by our government, with obviously more complex issues too.

exactly.

spain would be in a shambles had they tried the swedish model

exactly.

spain would be in a shambles had they tried the swedish model
This guy swears by it...
The_Swedish_Chef.jpg

??

It looks like we're looking at a schedule as below, if things work out well. Of course it may not work out that way, but another common misconception that the vaccine is being rushed ( :rolleyes: ) is another stupid view. The original vaccine is already safety tested as the new one is just a variation of vaccines produced for previous viruses and they are having to test the effectiveness of this now.

Late Autumn/Early Winter - Vaccine results announced (hopefully positive)

January 2021 - Vaccine to start being rolled out to those that need it

March/April 2021 - More doses and restrictions lifted

May/June 2021 - Normality starts to resume - IBIZA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back